This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's hay going for in your area?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's hay going for in your area?
    Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:25pm
Hare in central Mo 1200 lb round baless mixed grass are bringing around 50 bucks, been seeing a lot on trailers being trucked , just curious on prices around the country
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 4:54pm
Neighbors wish they can get bales at all.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 5:23pm
Small squares 3.50 to 4 for cow hay 5.50 to 7 got Timothy.

Cow hay rolls 4x5 $35 to $40
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:20pm
4x5 good hay stored outside $80 per roll. I know someone that sold 30 rolls at this price this week.
4x5 stored inside $120 per roll. The listing was on CL for less than a hour.
If you can find any within 50 miles, you are lucky.
One person I know of, ran out of hay and open up all their fields/woods last week and started feeding 150lbs of 14% mix feed per day, for 30 cows.
Next week, I am going to get a ton of 19-19-19 and try to jump start some of my pastures.
If we get that last of Feb, first on March snow we have had for the last 4-5 years, for a week or so hay prices will go through the roof.
TDF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
Hauled a dozen big rounds for a buddy a couple weeks ago. I've got big trailers and he let's me hunt his ground so try to help him out when I can. They were prairie hay. Not sure on weight but would guess 1200 lbs was in the ball park. He was paying 55 a piece for them. we had pretty good hay growing weather last summer around here in east central Nebraska.

TDF
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:24pm
$10.50 sm squares
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:06pm
Payin 87.50 for 4x5's and I'll be spraying for "stickers" in a year or two. Junk really but not much to choose from in this area this past winter, most is listed for 100-125.00 currently.
Usually pay 38-55.00/bale but drought last year hammered us bad.
Small squares for horses are listed for 11-14.00/bale.
Mild winter and increased liquid feed consumption approximately 40% over last year kept em' in decent shape without pouring the cubes to em'.
See plenty of green shoots coming up in lease pasture last few weeks so if we stay mild (forecasting 75 tomorrow), should be good with the 10-12 bales I have left.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:25pm
Up here, what I've heard from my horse and cattle friends... being able to get hay in ANY form factor is getting difficult... to the point where money basically doesn't matter.  If you can get a bale, it's because a neighbor is concerned about your livestock as much as their own.  Partly due to production, and partly due to fall rain, It wasn't a particularly great year for both putting up, and keeping good hay, and it's been a pretty rough winter... Ermm
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 9:48pm
I did a quick check on our local sales network. I saw 4x5 rolls for $40. I saw some for $30 that was stored outside, it was sold. There was also a ad for 4x5 rolls for $48 delivered.

My rolls are 4x5. I usually sell it out of the field for $30 and $35 out of the barn. I don't sell hay that I've stored outside. Most people don't want it. I just use all of it myself.

It's looking like I'm going to have enough for my own use this year. I was thinking about selling 10 to 20 rolls. I got a few square bales too.
7060 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7060 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 10:54pm
We’ve been selling 5x6 bales from $50-75. Weighing about a ton.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 11:57pm
2 year old CRP crap $40-50.00 each net wrapped. Good alalfafa $70.00 per bale.
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 12:32am
5x6 ft rounds alfalfa 100 dollars per ton. Net wrap. That's what we have been getting for some on the place. we load.
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:42pm
Today I thought I'd place an add and see if I could sell about 20 rolls. I wasn't going to hold anyone up, I asked my usual price $35 a roll. I got up from the computer table and walked out the back door and I got my first call. After that my phone blew up with calls and texts for the next three hours. The first two people got all I wanted to sell. Out of all the things I've tried to sell in my life, I never got such a response. I wish I had about 100 more to sell. I'm tempted to sell more, but I don't want to put myself in the same boat. I still have about 30 square bales. A guy texted and said he was coming to get it, but he never showed. People don't seem to want the squares.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic