This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Ya'll use,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Ya'll use,,,,,
    Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 11:31pm
 I got one for the troops,,,,,,
As I posted on another thread,,,,or at least I intended to,,,Wink In the mornins,, I generally like to go to McDonalds to get a hot cup of coffee as they have some great tastin coffee and I take it with two creams and one Splenda. McDonalds uses their own brand of Half and half that does not require refigeration. The other drive thru is Burger King but their coffee is not as good as McD's and they also use  their brand Half and half. 
 Now at home I use either International Coffee Brand or the Walmart brand (whichever is cheeper) liquid creamer in the Hazlenut flavor with the Stevia sweetner. 
 7-8 months ago,,I noticed that my morning blood sugar readings had been slowly easing up to where they are too dang HIGH now and after doing some serious checkin,,I've come to the conclusion that I am using way too dang much of the flavored liquid creamers ,,,,??? Now part of the problem "MAY" be that I like my coffee HOT and the powdered creamers tend to clabber up so dang bad,,makes me want to puke lookin at all thet chit swimmin around my cup,,,UGGHHhhhh So,I went to the liquid creamers cause they willNOT clabber up. But,,I ghots to do something different,,,, whew,,,,,,,
 How do others here tackle this ,,,??
Sponsored Links

john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:24am
When I could drink coffee I drank it black.  Had an old guy tell me once that the powder stuff don't digest it just sits down in the bottom of your stomach.  The wife likes cream in hers, she uses heavy whipping cream.  She doesn't have to check her blood sugar so she uses what she wants.  At McD's she gets 3 creams.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:19am
I use half n half or milk no sugar. Liquid and powder creamer won’t be used here cept in homemade fireworks. Jenn has recipes for flavored creamer at Christmas time. They still use half n half.
Sugar belongs in sweet tea not coffee.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:12am
two things....
1) check the label of the 'creamer'... it may ACTUALLY have some kind of SUGAR in it !!! hey call 'sugar' by 20-25 different names !! Kinda important to read and decipher the ingredients.... sigh..

2) OK Thad , what's the recipe for 'homemade fireworks'.....Big smile

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:29am
Aluminum sulfate (which is in some powdered creamer) gives fireworks its pretty sparkly colors.
I haven’t tried it yet but saw some videos of pyrotechnics mixed with coffee mate made a mighty bright explosion.
Now I won’t to go to the machine shop and try this. He has a cannon machined to shoot SBC lifters.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:35am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:40am
 Yeah,,Jay,,,,ole Thad is gettin to where he always gots some cute little sayins that catch your eye good,,,don't he,,???WinkWink,,,I'm thinkin him and ole Shameless is been visitin and schemin way too much lately,,,,,,,WinkWink
  Just so Ya'll know this little tidbit,,,,,,For people that are fightin Diabetes,, Stevia sweetner is the only'ist plant based sweetner (O% sugar) that doesn't have any added chemicals like saccarin and is recommended by the the Diabetes association for diabetics. 
 HMmmmmm,,,,,homemade Fireworks,,,?? I'm tellin Ya'll him and ole Shameless with his Tannerite,,,they's plannin something,,,,,!!!!LOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:55am
The Homemade coffee creamer that Jenn makes is sweetened with maple syrup made by Sugar Maker.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
Joe, I've been using stevia in the liquid form for years now. The powders need to be checked for carriers and extenders. I use NOW brand Better Stevia original 8oz. $13.69 + $5.95 flat rate shipping for the lot. 8oz last me & mom about a month.

Your mileage may vary
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:00am
Joe what is needed is for you to balance your diet so for all that liquid creamer you need more bacon. You can actually just add more bacon to anything. 2-3 pounds would be a good starting point.

I actually never acquired the taste for coffee so I stick with Diet Coke and then add some bacon.😜
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

https://youtu.be/F4tf5aVnnbA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iHXOnxYp_I
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:09am
Gentlemen, coffee was never intended to be adulterated with creamers or sweeteners! be men, drink it black!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
    Dang,,,Stan,,,Why for you tryin to kill me,,,??? Actually I prolly used to eat more bacon than you do,,,,and that is one of the main reason for most of my heart issues,,,,LOL After my first open heart,,,,my cardiologist told me,," You got two choices,,,,1., you can continue eating all that bacon, tamales, shortin bread, cracklins, pork chops you told me you eat all the time,,,,and die young,,OR,,2. Make a drastic change and cut WAY back on all that stuff,,and maybe live to see your Grandchildren graduate,,,,,, I picked #2.Wink
 Hey,,,you best be readin WHAT they puttin in them diet cokes, Stan,,,,,Wink
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:13pm
I know Joe them diet cokes are much worse than coffee. Beer could be a substitute but they frown at the McDOnalds drive through if I try to order one with my sausage biscuit. That's why I eat a Snickers bar with it sometimes. No just kidding but I do take one of those drugs to keep my cholesterol in check. I guess I'm just full of advice but mostly just full of it.😝
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:02pm
coffee mate huh?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:07pm
Joe....I like my coffee just likes I likes some of my women...black! oooops….I mean....uh....I don't puts none of that wussy stuff in my coffee. and lately when I goes to coffee at 0430 AM sometimes I just drinks hot water...plain ole hot water! oh...and I just boughts a can of black powder pellets for an experiment. and if'n I gots to type with my elbows, you'll figger it prolly didn't work!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:19pm
 Well,,now,,Shameless,,,you be dang CAREFUL with them friggin black powder pellets,,,they is some dangerous,,,,,,, I went thru my Muzzle loader box and culled out all the pellets older than 2 years and I had a bunch of them,,,,so,,,,to make a point for my Grandson,,,I put two of the 50 grain pellets back to back on a piece of plywood and,,,,and,,,lit the back of one of them,,,and,,,and,,,,the chit just dang near hit the friggin fan,,,,Gosh Dang,,,did thet sob hurt like you would not believe,,,!!!! Ya see,,it took a while for it to light off  makin me hold the lighter closer and closer and when it lit,,,,the sob didn't explode but it SHOULD OF,,,It fired up in a pretty good fire and burned the chit outa my thumb and forefinger,,,,,its a wonder the friggin lighter didn't explode,!! Needless to say,,,I didn't impress the Grandson too much,,,!!  SO,,I gots bout 50-60 of them pellets you can have. I know I ain't foolin with them,,,,say,,you wanna trade em for some tannerite,,,,,LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:21pm
 On the creamer thingie,,,what do others use in the powder creamers that does NOT clabber up when used in HOT coffee,,??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:22pm
yeah...i'll trade ya!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:23pm
shhhhhhhhhhh...ya'll….don't tell ole Joe, when he comes a visit'in, i'll pour a little all purpose flour in his coffee!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

shhhhhhhhhhh...ya'll….don't tell ole Joe, when he comes a visit'in, i'll pour a little all purpose flour in his coffee!

OH YEAH,,,??  I'll have you know,,I heard that,and,,,,and,just for that I'm gonna,,well I ain't sayin just yet,,,,but you say you like your coffee Black and,,,,and,,,them black powder pellets is Black,,,, coincidence,,,??  NOPE,,!! reckon how high the coffee cup will go with just 3 pf them pelle,,,,ummmmm,,,never mind,,,,WinkWink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:57pm
FYI, when I was in Germany, McDonalds served drinks a whole lot better than coffee, especially this time of year, and you got them at the drive up window. Their hot mulve wine was fantastic. A & W there served good old root beer and Good German fiest bier. I makes my own coffee, stomach won't handle drive thru coffee.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:59pm
Joe crunch them pellets back in to powder and go get a Samuel baggie and a gatorade bottle. Remove the lid from the Gatorade jug and poke a hole in it with a16d nail. Then put one corner of the Gatorade bag down the Gatorade jug about 3 inches. Pour in the powder until it’s mounded up a bit over the top of that jug. Screw the lid on tight and poke some fuse in the hole in the lid. This will impress the grandson.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
I always said I never was weaned. I like Half and Half in my Coffee. Milk will do in a pinch. And I buy Mickey D's Coffee at the store and brew it at home. If I'm on the road I will buy it at Mickey D's. No sweetner for me as when I make Coffee it is strong enough to walk you around the block! When I worked driving truck I would be among the first to work and I would make Coffee. Foreman would get there a few minutes before we started and would get a cup of Coffee. One day he said "Kline you can't make Coffee anymore it is too strong"! I said well who wants to drink Tea or colored water in the morning! Something about the strong coffee and cream makes the right flavor I like. I used to like Maxwell House but gave that up for McCafe.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 10:39pm
Joe, if you want to make just a little fireworks hold a lighted lighter in one hand and with the other toss the powder in the air over the lighter. Makes a nice little sparkler. As for getting it to blend into the coffee, put the powder in the cup first then pore in the coffee. Hold it up a little and it will churn it enough to mix pretty good.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 1:50am
LEON...….PffffT!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:10am
 Hey Leon,,,you know "He" don't like nobody messin with his pyrokenetics ,,,next thing you know he be sendin you an anonomous envelop filled with some black lookin powder that smells kinda like,,,UMMmmmm,,,,never mind,,,,Wink I'm outa here,,,,,'fore he blames me,,,,Wink
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:33am
Well Joe, I've been looking over my shoulder so much lately that I've got to turn around to look forward, but thanks for the warnin'. Heard a little boy say the other day, " Mommy, Mommy look, god made that old man backwards". 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 6:24am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,now,,Shameless,,,you be dang CAREFUL with them friggin black powder pellets,,,they is some dangerous,,,,,,, I went thru my Muzzle loader box and culled out all the pellets older than 2 years and I had a bunch of them,,,,so,,,,to make a point for my Grandson,,,I put two of the 50 grain pellets back to back on a piece of plywood and,,,,and,,,lit the back of one of them,,,and,,,and,,,,the chit just dang near hit the friggin fan,,,,Gosh Dang,,,did thet sob hurt like you would not believe,,,!!!! Ya see,,it took a while for it to light off  makin me hold the lighter closer and closer and when it lit,,,,the sob didn't explode but it SHOULD OF,,,It fired up in a pretty good fire and burned the chit outa my thumb and forefinger,,,,,its a wonder the friggin lighter didn't explode,!! Needless to say,,,I didn't impress the Grandson too much,,,!!  SO,,I gots bout 50-60 of them pellets you can have. I know I ain't foolin with them,,,,say,,you wanna trade em for some tannerite,,,,,LOL

I feel bad for it but I really laughed over this. It reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad “showed me” not to shoot my Daisy Red Rider without closing the lever.lol
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:48am
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

I always said I never was weaned. I like Half and Half in my Coffee. Milk will do in a pinch. And I buy Mickey D's Coffee at the store and brew it at home. If I'm on the road I will buy it at Mickey D's. No sweetner for me as when I make Coffee it is strong enough to walk you around the block! When I worked driving truck I would be among the first to work and I would make Coffee. Foreman would get there a few minutes before we started and would get a cup of Coffee. One day he said "Kline you can't make Coffee anymore it is too strong"! I said well who wants to drink Tea or colored water in the morning! Something about the strong coffee and cream makes the right flavor I like. I used to like Maxwell House but gave that up for McCafe.
You are my kind of coffee maker!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic