This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what kind of truck do you prefer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:23pm
lmao
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Sponsored Links

Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:28pm
And dancing theirs off!!!!
ACD19farmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACD19farmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 2:14pm
First Gen, Dodge Ram Cummins with a 5 speed 4x4!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what would be awesome is a 78 Chevy 4x4 with a XT engine and a 5 speed!!!!!!!!!!!
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2011 at 4:07pm
I have been a Chevrolet/GM man all my life thanks to my Dad. Growing up on the farm in NY he had a 1969 C10 2WD as long as I could remember. I have no idea how many miles he put on it but remember him talking about the 4 engines he went through(started with 2-6 cyl before swapping to 327 V8s. It had a HD 4 spd manual. The frame was welded/reinforced many times due to NY winters until it couldn't be done anymore. In winter, he would put wheel chains on and a 1000 lb cement block in the bed. That old truck would go many places no 4WD could when it had to. Hauled anything he needed to year round for our 105 cow dairy farm and his tractor hobby. I learned to drive with that truck doing farm errands before I had a license. By the time I got a license in 1988, Dad had replaced it with 2 trucks. A 1972 C10 with 3 spd on the column as a go to town for parts/supplies truck and a 1978 GMC K35 High Sierra 4WD dually with stake racks for the heavy stuff. That old GMC is history now too but I would put it up there against ANYTHING made today by ANYBODY. They couldn't touch what I've seen that truck do in its prime. If I had the funds, I would love to have a new Chevy Duramax/Allison  dually with trailer to haul the ACs around because I believe them to be very stout and good looking trucks as well.
Alas, for now, my daily commuter is my 1996 S10 4cyl/5 spd 2wd plain jane I bought brand new and has faithfully served me all these years. So, if you'll excuse me I need to go do her 189,000 mile service so she is ready for Monday AM to start yet another week.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic