This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What kind AC Forklift ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What kind AC Forklift ?
    Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 3:10am
Hey guys I just picked up this sweet AC Forklift for a whopping 500 dollars. It runs but very bad, currently needs brakes a tune up a gasket kit and a carb rebuild kit. Can some one help figure out where I can buy all the parts I’ve search all over eBay and can’t seem to find anything. Model is FT 40 240 Sreial #12932047. It’s has a gas engine looks like a Chevy motor to me. I tried uploading a picture of the tab but it wouldn’t let me. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Famous View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 3:14am
Here’s the link to the tag. Btw it says Buda on it don’t know if that helps.

http://imgur.com/RhaTMP5

Edited by Famous - 01 Mar 2019 at 3:15am
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2019 at 6:14am
Welcome to the forum.

Check out Liberated Manuals. That site has free pdfs of a lot of military manuals. There are a number of Allis Chalmers forklift manuals listed there. It will take some studying of the list but you might find parts, operator, and service manuals for your lift there. Someone here might get back to you with another source for manuals.

Check the carb for a brass tag. If the tag is there it should help ID it to get the right kit. Photos may help folks here ID the carb.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 11:00am
It's probably a Buda engine... very similar to the Allis engine, as there was a close relationship, then co-ownership.  Should NOT be hard to find the right parts to suit... and you've found the right place, and the right people, to ask for directions.

Get better ID on the engine, the distributor ID tag, and the carb ID tag.

Get a carb dip tank, and a carb rebuild kit.  Get a cap, rotor, and Pertronix Ignitor trigger, and a matching Pertronix coil for the ignition...  and whatever gaskets you're dealing with.   Park it in the driveway, take a pressure washer to the engine bay and clean all the gak out before you dive headfirst in there.  You'll come out dirty either way, but at least the neighbors will recognize you if you blast it out FIRST...

(Hi... my name is Dave, and along with my dozen-or-so Allis machines, I have a Hyster H50H and a Clark IT-60... )
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Famous View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Famous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 10:36pm
Spoke to a lot of part distributors and they can't find my model on the tag it says FT 40 24 they say this model doesn't exist. I found a picture online that looks like mine hopefully this helps.

Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:10pm
It does exist as an FT40. the 240 is a model variation and means load at 24 inches from mast.
Mikes carburetors lists a kit for it.
Several other sites list the kit also.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic