This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is your winter tractor project?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 2:24pm
I am just now putting a canopy over my 1943 AC C and my 1940 Farmall B.
The C needs a drawbar, generator, fan belt and all new ignition wiring.
If I can't locate a reasonable C drawbar I do have a model B drawbar that I could cut and extend.
Sponsored Links

Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by John R. Mrotek John R. Mrotek wrote:

I did a full scale double G with dually several years ago and it gets lots of attention.

This is John's Double G
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Wil M (NEIA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil M (NEIA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:08pm
Hopefully get this back together, 3rd winter in the shop:

And work on getting an engine back in this and get it running, 2nd winter in the shop:

Edited by Wil M (NEIA) - 07 Dec 2011 at 7:08pm
"Yet there are soulless men whose hand and brain tear down what time will never give again." Anderson M Scruggs
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:10pm
Deb says I need to get the tractor in the driveway done before next summer so Wil has a place to park.......
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment.
From listening comes wisdom and from speaking comes repentance.
Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise.
Tony Elo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Elo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:22pm
my goal is to make a tractor out of this again
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:29pm
My goal is to make a tractor out of this again.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:32pm
PS that one above is not the tractor in the driveway Deb is wanting me to move........
This one is already in the shop, getting tore apart. (what is left of it anyways....)

wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 7:51pm
going to rebuild the engine in the 8050 and the air conditioning system at the same time
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by daveingreenbay daveingreenbay wrote:

Working on a `52 Massey Harris 44.  The only off-color tractor in the stable.  An old guy walked into my shop about 2 months ago,  said he had an old tractor with a stuck engine.  He owned it for 35 years and was giving it up on it.  I asked "how much" hoping I could head for the door regardless of the amount.  When he said it`s "free", you can have it, I went and got a chain and towed it a short distance to my shop, and have been working on it since.  Feel like a "duck out of water" with this thing.  He said he was going to call a scrap yard if no one wanted it.  Turning into a money pit.  Engine rebuild, brakes, wiring, starter, generator rebuild.  Rim repairs from calcium chloride and that`s just what I`ve found so far.  So far I have $1500 in a "free" tractor that`s worth maybe $2000. 

Good luck with that, I have one that's finally back together and was more like $3000 and it still doesn't run right. Grrrr, if it was orange I would have had it done sooner with less aggrevation. Starts (finally) after fuel delivery problems, but the govenor doesn't work right yet and the hydrualics aren't working, I think it's air locked or sucking air.

This years projects are getting my series IV D17 overhauled and running and putting a narrow front under my bar grill D17 and starting body / paint work on it.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2011 at 8:56pm
Oops, forgot that I need to replace the fuel pumps on a 170D and 175D....just came UPS today from Quality Tractor Parts....$106 for 3 pumps.....about the cost of one from NAPA and they would have had to order them in.....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
mdtractormechanic View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 1:05pm
Here's my winter plus B project. I saved it from the scrapman. The mower is to be restored also.
Joe's 1939 Model WC, 1940 Model RC, 1944 & 1950 Model C's, B-125 PU
HagerAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HagerAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Hager,

When a tractor engine spins one rod bearing, what type of damage is typical, beyond the rod and crankshaft? Are other engine parts affected? thanks
Well no other parts are typically damaged unless it throws the rod, then it wrecks the block and a lot of stuff.  With this one I have the crank at a machine shop hoping it can be ground and put undersize bearings in it, but have not heard back.  The rods are also there getting redone. 
30+ A-Cs ranging from a 1928 20-35, to a 1984 8070FWA, Gleaner R52
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 2:51pm
Thank you, thats what I was hoping to hear.
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:41pm
Immediate is just to put the chains on the 170 for snow removal, after that the 5015 needs work on  hydraulics, wiring seems shaky, and it needs a look at the tranny as it jumps out of gear too often.  My shop is not heated so summer is more productiive.  I just can't stand cold steel at -20 any more.

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 6:48pm
I'm hoping to make one big piece out of all of these little ones...

I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:17pm
The twins have redirected me
jb from md View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jb from md Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 9:13pm
finish the five year 62 ford convertible project and maybe start a new one (red 62 ford)
8050 FWA, 190XT, 185, Styled wc, Unstyled wc, (2)C, (2)WD45NF, WD45WF, WD,416h, 716h, 312h, 8070 pedal.
Flint23 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flint23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 2:01am
take two old 2 row cultivators and make one good one.
been there done that, not doing it again...
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 6:47am
I have a C engine tore down and i would like to get it back together but my time has been consumed by remodeling our house for the last 2 years. My wife and i want to move back in come spring.  
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic