This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What have you done to your AC today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richardmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 8:39pm
work on installing the centers on my D 12 high crop wheels.

Also built a place to mount fuel filter on my D 17/15 spray rig this afternoon.
I forgot to take a picture after I mounted it to the plate.

Sponsored Links

exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

One 7060 is pulling mulberry trees. Finishing up the the cab kit in the 7045 then get it hooked up to the DA385 12row for the first time. 

A thread on cab kit installation would be nice...
Since I got to do my 7010
Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
Knocked the sleeves out of my D17's heart
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm
Oil was completely changed in the 200 and D17 diesel last fall. Battery's were charged in Dec. Tire pressure was checked in Feb. Coolants checked last week, changed in the 200 along with the coolant filter. Their sitting there ready to go.
Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 5:53am
On Saturday I hooked up the 7060 to the planter. I hope to start planting corn next Saturday.
Part time farming with a 1980 7060 and 1984 F3 hydro.
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:20am
I got tired of walking around the 175D that has sat in the barn for 4 years and put a new wiring harness in it. I have been wanting to make another harness before I used this one, but it wasn't happening....so after 4 years and 4 hours of work it fired right up and is another horse to use. It joins 5 other 175 diesels doing the bulk of the work around here.
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Kip[NY] View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip[NY] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 10:06am
Our D-14, Martha, hasn't been herself for a couple of years; usable but not happy.  Then last fall, she started stuttering every couple of seconds and no longer had any oomph.  A good friend who knows a lot more than me, came by now and then and helped troubleshoot.  New governor, rebuilt carb, and other efforts seemed to help and last week during a compression test, we discovered that the porcelain on one of the plugs had cracked open.  Off to NAPA for new 295's and $7.49 later and with a little fine tuning Martha was like a new tractor.  Next time, we'll check the plugs first!  Wait...what next time?

So anyway, yesterday, with 70 degrees and plenty of sunshine, I found all sorts of chores for her, bush hoggin' and trailer totin' and just ridin' around.

So that's what I've done to and with our AC.
1959 D-14 SN/21089 "Martha"
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

Does it have to be tractors? Dad and I worked on mowers.

Nope, if they are A-C, is good! I would like to find a nice mid 60's B10 for my garden tractor collection
1939 AC Model B, 1952 AC Model G, Case 195, numerous Wheel Horse, Hit Miss Engines, currently looking for a AC B10 garden tractor
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:31pm
Beautiful day here for a change, so for the very FIRST time, I took the little B out for a stroll down the city alleys and around the block! I also ordered a new seat back cushion, the correct blue long A and S decal set, a side step to help me get on and off (I have MS so it's a little bit of a challenge), and some reproduction ignition wires.
1939 AC Model B, 1952 AC Model G, Case 195, numerous Wheel Horse, Hit Miss Engines, currently looking for a AC B10 garden tractor
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:38pm
Replacing brakes, oil seals and rebuilding hand clutch in the CA.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
savedallis1953 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savedallis1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:42pm
1953 WD with 5' Woods/Dixie Chopper bush hog ready to start the mowing season.
1953 WD, 1953 WD, WD engine with WD-45 crankshaft.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:40pm
Wow - that picture looks really familiar, DennisA! Looking forward to hearing how that project turns out.

Getting the CA ready for a one-man plow day to test the rebuilt hand clutch. 
WC, CA, D14, WD45
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:56pm
Put a new tach cable on the 170 today.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by MDWilliams338 MDWilliams338 wrote:

Put a new tach cable on the 170 today.

That's a really nice looking tractor, really like that design.
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Thanks,I appreciate it. Probably one of my favorites to ride around on.Soon as I finish my D17 I’m pulling this one in for new rear tires.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
1852 Moore Farm View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1852 Moore Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:24pm
Had the D19 on the food plots with a disc and harrow. The D17 Series IV with the loader cleaning up unused wood from the winter. A great "Orange"Easter!
savedallis1953 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savedallis1953 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:25am
Got the 1953 WD ready to do some bush-hoggin
1953 WD, 1953 WD, WD engine with WD-45 crankshaft.
DennisA (IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DennisA (IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
Got the starter back in the HD5B today. Nice to hear it run again.
Thanks & God Bless

Dennis
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:55pm
A few weeks ago I used my AC flail chopper (#56?) to suck up some windrows of weedy hay I'd cut last fall.  Worked great.  Two weeks ago I fired up the 8030 and plowed a couple acres with my 4 bottom IHC spinner plow and planted about a acre of spring red wheat and acre of Kumute, Egyptian wheat. Will be harvesting them with the All Crop 60.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 11:11pm
Eldon, you haven't kept us up on what tractors you have acquired in the last couple years. Six 175's???  What else have you gotten?  Where are you living these days?  Inquiring minds need to know....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Eldon, you haven't kept us up on what tractors you have acquired in the last couple years. Six 175's???  What else have you gotten?  Where are you living these days?  Inquiring minds need to know....
John I have pretty much leveled off on the collecting, even sold a few and hoping to sell a lot more. We are working on getting the place here that I built on the market in the next week or two and moving to 3 acres across the road. We bought a winter home in St. George, UT and hopefully will be splitting time between here and there. Still will be doing custom tilling and mowing in the summers up here, maybe get Robin to grow and sell a few veggies again.....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:14am
Tested the rebuilt hand clutch in my CA by plowing a few furrows in a field that hasn't been turned over for decades. Ground was still pretty wet and heavy - lots of clay. The clutch held up just fine, though the tractor (and the operator) struggled with the conditions! Video: [TUBE]d-IrW3md3QQ[/TUBE]
WC, CA, D14, WD45
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 8:32am
Not a criticism, just an observation - about as many posts have to do with "What have you done WITH your AC today" as "TO" your AC today lol... Same here. Too wet to get much of anything useful done.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:37pm
Dave, you're making me want to try plowing with my CA. Let's see how many years it takes before I get there. Here are the steps necessary;
1)Procure a second CA, (preferably a NFE) to mount belly mower on. Have a line on one actually!
2)Remove and replace manifold/straight-pipe with new manifold and muffler. Have parts, need time.
3)Get charging system to work. Generator good, going to shop for the fix.
4) Get the belly mower off the tractor.
5)Get to work on my pin hitch 2-14 plow and convert to snap-couple.
6)Find some shares for said plow that are not worn out.
7)Mount wheel weights on tractor, already painted.
I think that's most of the steps, wonder how many years before it happens!
I suppose getting the second CA mower worthy should have been in there somewhere. This could take a while.

Edited by IBWD MIke - 24 Apr 2019 at 2:21pm
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:26pm
changed green bean can over exhaust for a bud natural ice tall boy can after reading these posts. 
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:55pm
Feed cattle with our D17 & Kelly Ryan feeder wagon.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:47pm
Subjected the poor thing to the brushhog.
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:49pm
I have excellent intentions of pulling out the tractors for a wash day.  My roads are paved with good intentions Yin Yang
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 6:11pm
IBWD Mike - that's an impressive list. Just wait for dryer soil than I was plowing in! I guess there's enough time for the ground to dry out while you knock off that list of "steps"! Good luck.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
Tgtack View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tgtack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:10pm
My padded seat back and side step came in today. Painted the step and mounted the seat back. I flattened the metal seat back and reworked the rolled edge so it would mount between the brackets and padded back. This gives it a finished look by covering the plywood and upholstery Staples.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic