This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What carb is this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What carb is this?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:29pm
This a slebwhatever carb(what model?)?On my 614 forklift.Either the float is toast or needle valve is stuck open.I was running it earlier today trying to track down the Hydralics for the steering and noticed gas POURING out of the intake tube(Thank God I didn't notice it was loose till now or it would have filled up the carb and pipe).If I am going to pop it open,I am gonna just give it a total rebuild or pick up a replacement and slap on then rebuild the old one.

Edited by Freighttrain - 10 Aug 2011 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

mdtractormechanic View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:05pm
It looks like a Marvel-Schebler carb. There should be a tag under one of the bowl screws.
Here is a parts source, http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/kits/CK609.htm

Edited by mdtractormechanic - 10 Aug 2011 at 5:52pm
Joe's 1939 Model WC, 1940 Model RC, 1944 & 1950 Model C's, B-125 PU
Freighttrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:30pm
Thanks.I didn't see a tag but the picture above is after I used a FULL LARGE CAN of brake cleaner on it.I didn't even think there was any paint on it when I started.You couldn't see ANY anywhere.I might just bite the bullet tomorrow and pull it off.See if there is a tag anywhere or a name on it.Don't want to pull it down right now as even though it floods like crazy it still will run and move and I might have to move it around even with the steering still messed up.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 9:35pm
Looks like a Marvel-Schebler just like a D15 series 2 tractor.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 11:59pm
Is the zenith a better carb or should I stick with w-s? In the military vehicle word people replace the old Holley single hole with a zenith on the big 602 continental gassers in the 5 tons. The z is the later improved carb that gives double the mpg,easier to adjust,and less problematic. Wonder if this is true with the a-c stiff too.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 12:23am
If all the carb needs is a rebuild job, why waste the extra money on another new or rebuilt one?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 12:51am
Cause I managed to screw up rebuilding a ball and ball rebuild once. No one around here does carb work anymore either. I figure I could get a replacement and try rebuilding the old one. Keep it as a spare. Or grab a used one off eBay cheap and rebuild it.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 7:44am

That would be a Marvel/Schebler carburetor that's on your forklift. We offer rebuilding services if interested. The way that carb is positioned, you won't see the tag on the carburetor. If the tag is on the carb, its facing the engine block side. You need to remove the carb to get the tag number. The ID tags are one of two places on the M/S carbs. Either riveted to the front on the venturi, or a round disc riveted to the opposite side of the fuel inlet. We also have carb kits if you would like to give it shot at rebuilding the unit yourself.. HTH

Steve@B&B
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 3:56am
Wonder if napa or tsc would have the kit. Rather try and buy local first. Got the ball and ball kit from napa. Got some strange looks when you ask for a carb rebuild kit for a 50s Chrysler car with 230 flathead I-6. The box looked older than my forklift. It had traveled around to several locations that's for sure.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 8:28am
Napa never ceases to amaze me.$28 later I got a rebuild kit.Too bad it doesn't have a Ventury in the kit.Noticed mine has a crack in one of the lips.Might try to braze it later today.Took the carb to work with me and cleaned it with Alcohol and sand blasted the outside.Love working in a machine shop.....got so many cool toys to work with....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 10:20pm
well,I take that back.....Went to install the kit and got the needle seat replaced,the float installed and adjusted,went to put the bowl together and realized the gasket is TOTALLY wrong.....Looks like extra holes at the rear for on existant bolts and the front is long and the hole doesn't even come close to the Choke air bypass hole....also the bolt holes are totally wrong location on front.Well,there went $28...... since I already opened the package and not returnable.....
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 2:33am
Here are some shots of the venturi Crack,the wrong gasket on the bowl,the bowl and how the carb looks after a long hard night of waiting for room to run parts at work......I love working in a machine shop with Vapor blasters,Parts washers,Chemicals,and people down stream from you too dang lazy to do their jobs so you get backed up and have time to do OTHER government projects......Oh yea,First person to make a smart rumped joke about my mouse pad,I will personally fly to your house and paint your Allis Chalmers Green and Yellow!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:18am
Is that a tabby? LOL
Were you able to find a tag?
Gaskets can be modified and the ventura could be repaired with an epoxy putty.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:33am
Negative.My manual says TSX869 Carb.I searched for kits and every one I found with pictures showed the correct looking parts.This kit I got at napa is NOT the kit.Only thing that fits is the Needle,Seat,spring,and pivot for the float.Nothing else is correct.Hope they take it back or I will be pissed.I didn't find the gasket wrong till after I installed the valve seat.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 3:35am
As for the Venturi,I was thinking of just using some Plumbers solder.Maybe drill out the end of the crack with a very small drill.Definatly do NOT want to replace it since I have only been able to find cheap White Plastic replacements.I am NOT going to use plastic.Especially white Styren type.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2011 at 12:12pm
We have kits in stock for the TSX869. Some of the Industrial carbs have a few little differences from the Farm Tractor versions, so you have to make sure you get the correct kit. Especially the bowl gasket. We also have venturi's in stock..
Steve@B&B
BrianC,Ont View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC,Ont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:53am
Hey Freighttrain; I see you havent been on the forum very long. You will get to know who is who. When someone like Steve in NJ says they have what you need, not only will you get the right parts, you will also get some DIY tips also. When you go to a site like this for info, the vendors here are the place to go for parts.
35WC on steel, B with belly mower, D17 puller, D15 Series II puller, D15 Series II with loader, 608 Lawn Tractor
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:18am
Yea,Next time I am going with the locals on here.....to heck with playing tag with the guys at the parts houses here.Finally got a kit that worked.Wasn't the exact one but it had the minimum parts I needed.Now on to engine swaps in my M35A2s and after that I can look into restoring the Forklift.Gonna take a lot.Will have to replace the entire steer axle,Fenders over steer axle,parts of the dash,some parts on the mast.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdtractormechanic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 9:38am
You have a lot of work ahead. Good luck.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freighttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 8:58pm
Yes.Yes I do....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic