This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What A Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What A Day
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 8:08pm
I am in need of some dashboard parts for an 06 Freightliner. I called one of the dealer stores and the parts man says let me check. I’ll get back to you in 15 minutes. So I call another one of their stores and the man says can you send me some pictures which I did. Then the first store calls me back and says yes, we have the part. I say great. I’ll be over and pick it up. I get there and a different parts. Man says yes and no. Yes, we have the part but you cannot have it. There was an Internet order and somebody bought it. I said how can this be? I told you I was coming over for it. I’m told yes we get that a lot and no one ever shows.

I know this post is just shouting into the wind, but dang it anyway, that dirty. The guy on the Internet that ordered it, is still waiting for it. I’m standing at the counter and they put somebody that’s waiting for the part ahead of somebody who’s standing right there ready to pay for it. I drove an hour over there for it just to drive an hour back home empty-handed. What a day.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 8:10pm
I should also add after they told me at store one that they had the part I called store two and told them that store one had it so I don’t need them to check anymore. They said excellent thumbs up.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 11:03pm
Damn Tim , I thought I was the only one who has days like that . Call the 3 wholesale houses we have in town for a part. Yes we have it ,drive across town and either wrong part or no part (inventory is off). Other place had part but either someone else bought it or another store in there system has reserved it by the time I get back to them. Pfffffft!!!
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 11:08pm
Waited a year and a half for roof to be tore off and re shingled. Get a notice at 3 o'clock Sunday they will be here 7am Monday morning. Spend the evening moving everything away from the house. Brothers truck won't start
,old lawnmower dead battery. Stay busy until 10 pm . Of course they don't show.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Joe(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:04am
Has something similar a few years ago with a part for my bean planter.  Had a rainy day and decided to take the wife to a town about an hour a way for lunch.  Called the local dealer up that way and they had a part I needed in stock.  I stopped in to pick it up, they had it in their hands but wouldn't sell because one of there "regulars" had just called wanting the same part.   I have never darkened their door again! 
Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 9:50pm
The problem is they only hsvr one part in stock and they don't know when they are going to get another one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic