This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Went for 1WD. Came home with two!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Went for 1WD. Came home with two!
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 7:12pm
Wantin to share pics of the new editions here. Had some crazy fun at an auction and ended up with two running machines wnd some misc stuff to go along. All in all had a great time haulin ACs round vwith my oleDad !!!!
1950 WD, Adjustable WF, 12v, PS, New style OK Tractor 3point hitch. Kelly front loader. Farm Use Only
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 7:23pm
You did good! Especially picking up that snap coupler blade.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
57WD45FarmUse View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:26pm
Well thanks Hubert! It’s my first snap coupler attachment everything else is 3point. That 48 and blade was a bi prouduct of me buyin that ole 50 at an auction. This nice couple came up and said there daughter has one that’s been in the family since her grandad bought brand new. It’s been shedded near it’s whole life. Engine rebuilt a while back and that rubber is so fine! Got the big ram and also tires chains that were bought in the 50s for it. They really hated to part with it but it was time and I assured them it was goin to a great home were it will be loved for many years to come
Cool thing about the ole 50 is they couldn’t get her to start at the auction. I put a coil in it soon as I got home and the thing fired up for the first time in 10years and ain’t missed a beat it came with the original op manual that’s on good shape!
1950 WD, Adjustable WF, 12v, PS, New style OK Tractor 3point hitch. Kelly front loader. Farm Use Only
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:38pm
Just remember, it always starts will one and before you know it you will have barns full for tractors and thinking you need to build a new barn to hold that "ONE MORE"
Good job! HYI that wide front end is Allis but it's for a WD45 Diesel.
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:49pm
Hi Don! Yup I do believe I’ve caught the bug. Had no intention at all of pickin up two ! Just was interested in the rear wheels and tires on the ole 50. Then Bam It just happend! Lol      

Oh really that wf end goes on-a wd45 diesel? I no it doesn’t have the box with it. Would it be somethin I could modify for that 48WD?   Thanks Again Don for all the wisdom
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 8:21am
Congratulations! Your tractor collection is growing!
I need to get out and work on mine! Keep the pictures coming! Both of them look like working tractors.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 8:36am
Well thankya! I will end up fixin up to the 50 and sell her off. As much as I’d love to keep her but don’t need 3of em. Any idea what I could expect to fetch from a running 50wd?
Thanks
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:04pm
Got some Picsof the other goodies I came away with. I’m goin to shine that Filter element tube up, then frame it and stick straight up on my wall !      I need To find a steering box to complete that wide front end
I believe the red pieces are IH super C parts
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 7:04am
 You said filter element tube? I cant read it, but could it be a tube that covers the pulley shaft? Looks about the right size and length, standing next to it??
I still plan to make a coffee table with the 4 belt pulley assemblies that I have now in my collection!Smile Might look pretty cool just not very mobile! Wife might not appreciate it?
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57WD45FarmUse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Sugarmaker Sugarmaker wrote:

You said filter element tube? I cant read it, but could it be a tube that covers the pulley shaft? Looks about the right size and length, standing next to it??
I still plan to make a coffee table with the 4 belt pulley assemblies that I have now in my collection!alt="Smile" title="Smile" /> Might look pretty cool just not very mobile! Wife might not appreciate it?
Regards,
 Chris

Yep It’s the exact size to be a cover for the pulley shaft. They had it on there. I was just reading the thing and it looks like it was an original package for a 3pack I’d filter elements. So is it an advertisement on the pulley shaft cover? Or rather a kawinceadence that it’s the perfect size?

Sounds like an awesome idea for a table!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic