This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

well,,,what could it be,,,,,??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: well,,,what could it be,,,,,??
    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 7:45pm
   My younger Brother called and his trk quit on him downtown, so I went and pulled him to my house. He's got a 1990 Ford 5.8 with 4X4 and auto trans. I put my pressure test gauge on the fuel rail and fuel pump is putting up 45# while cranking. Checked the fire at #1 spark plug and NO FIRE,,,, I could hear one of the 3 relays "clicking" while he was cranking. The plastic enclosure for the relays is labeled EEC,,,Fuel Pump,,,,and Trailer Tow. The PO had removed the 3 relays from the plastic enclosure and one had been changed out  before my Bro bought the trk and it was the one doing the clicking. I had no way to test the relay, so he went and bought a new one,,CHIT,,trk still would not start but new relay would not click any more,,,,WTH,,,?? Pulled distributor cap and checked rotor and inside of cap for tracking or cracks but looks like new inside. W,,,T,,,H,,,,!!! No Fire at all to plug wires.
 Anybody had this no fire sitiation on their Ford trk,,,,,????
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 8:25pm
Use a test light and see if it has 12 v going to the pos side of the coil with key on. If so then put it on the neg side and crank it over. The test light should flash of and on.
Just a starting point. If it doesn’t it’s a good possibility of the little gizmo in the distributor.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 01 Apr 2019 at 8:27pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Might be the brain box that went...

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 9:16pm
My '96 with 460 likes to cook the coil wire...goes totally dead when this happens.....I can hear fire popping but will not start...took me awhile to figure that one out....
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 4:49am
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 6:26am
.Shameless must be half asleep or something. Ordinarily he would have jumped all over this post to tell you what the problem is. Darrel
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:34am
Anti theft system triggered, if even by accident or by mystery?
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 8:55am
My 1989 F250 5.8 did that.. No fire......... replaced the coil. Funny looking, not round, it was square.... but that did it.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

.Shameless must be half asleep or something. Ordinarily he would have jumped all over this post to tell you what the problem is. Darrel

Since his highness is sleeping in this morning I can say it so the world does not tilt to far off center.  "Junk that worthless Ford,and drive a Chebby"

But since "I know nothing,nothing" I got a dead Chey,Ford,and Dodge sitting around here.

An to give O'l Joe some encouragement Winkat least it is staying dead Dead,so you can find the real trouble. My luck is it starts Clap up only to die Dead in another place more in the way or farther from home.CryCryCry So I can throw more parts at it,and start over.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 10:44am
Ray are you driving foreign made? Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:52pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Or foreign owned? (Ram!)Wink
Roger Mn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm
if the truck has a tack try starting and see if the tack moves if the does not move replace the ignition control module
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 2:32am
thanks Ray! took the words right outta my mouth! ole Joe is starting to take after ole Les, by the way of working on ferds all the time! wonder if they learnt anything yet? wonder if ole Joe ever gots the little green lawn mowers running? I know a place that will gives him a dollar for each one of them!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 4:00am
 Well,,,THANKS  Guys for all the help,,I Hate it when I can't figure some Chit out on these danged trks,,,,!!! 
  Hey Thad,,,I did try the coil check procedure and shows coil is good but still tried a new coil I had here just to be sure but still NO Start,,,,, I did download a pretty good procedure to test the coil, the  Ignition Control Module and the PIP in the distributor and after goin thru that twice it is tellin me there is NO ground to the system,,so I spliced a temp ground wire to the #6 pin on the Ign Control Module, and still no fire to plugs,,!!  I really think the Ign module is bad but I hate throwin parts at something and that Ign module is $66,,,!! Think I'm goin up to my Buddy's junk yard  in the Alien City this mornin and get one off another trk to try it before buyin a new one,,,,may grab the distributor while I'm there as there is a "PIP" in there that may be the problem,,,,Dang them dang Fords gots so many dang  ignition parts,,,!!!
 Dave,,,Thanks for that link to CarGurus,,that is a great link,,,
 Ray,,yeah,,it stayin dead helps a lot as when they hit and miss,,,it sure is hard to figure out anything if it runnin,,,
 Hey Steve,,,I'm pretty sure it ain't the coil as I tried a new one and still no fire to plug wires.  
  I did tell my Bro that this fellar from Nebraska gives TOP money for these Fords,,,,runnin or not,,,,so that may be an option if I don't get it runnin soon,,,,,TAKE THAT,,Shameless,,,for thet green mower comment,,,,,,LOLLOL
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Wink Sometimes LOLLOLLOL The only pickup that starts( with my fingers crossed) and is legal down the road says Mazda Ermm But open the hood (please keep this quiet, I don't want you know who to know) It says FConfused ix  OConfused r  R Confusedepair DConfused ayly .LOL

Wink Dang now you got me looking, I been swindled. Angry The White is really Italian, the green stuff is both Japanese. At least the wore out broke Gleaner is USA all the way isn't it?????

I could supply black label ( FirestoneWalker 805, I think it will rate higher than Shamelesses and Joe's brandLOLLOLLOL) if somebody wanted to reformWink me and get real USA made truck goingLOL.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 5:45am
yeah Joe...i'll gives you a dollar for each one of them running ferds, then i'll takes them to the crusher
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:07am

""
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

yeah Joe...i'll gives you a thousand dollars for each one of them running ferds, then i'll takes them to the crusher
""

Gosh,,Shameless,,,you're SOoooo generous this mornin,,,"A Thousand dollars each",,,,,,Jimmyny !!,,,whoa!!,,,,,,fact is,,Shameless,,,I would of settled for $863 for BOTH of them,,,,,and,,,,and,,,being as how much I likes you,,,,I don't want to turn down your most generous offer of $2,000 for the both of them POS trks,,,,,,,(one of them don't even gots an engine)ClapClap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
You and Shameless  LOLguys

Edited by chaskaduo - 04 Apr 2019 at 9:34am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 12:57am
Joe...puts yer specticles on...
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:23pm
I can't help at all,,,,onliest Ferd I ever bought................NOPE, never did...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 8:08am
Joe did you and your brother ever find out what was wrong with the 1990 Ford 5.8?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 2:14pm
Joe...just take and....oh never mind...you wouldn't listen anyway!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Joe...just take and....oh never mind...you wouldn't listen anyway!

UMMmmm,,,,they won't let me keep any matches in the shop,,,,,,,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 10:16pm

Naw,,Chask,,he told me to use it for fill-in,,,so it been waitin for some of my free time,,,,,Wink (which I ain't got none of anyway) ( he don't pay too good either),,,,,,,Wink 
  Funny,,I called Oreillys to see if they could test the pick-up coil and the Ignition control Module for me but they tell me Oreilly's corporate made them turn in all the diagnostic tools so they can't or won't even do the "Check Engine Light" for you ,,,,,,wonder what's happenin there,,,???
 Anyway,,I hate just throwin parts at a job till you find what the problem is,,,,guess i'ma gonna have to break down and buy one of them high falootin testers,,,HI DOLLAR  too,,,!!!!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 2:10am
Oh god can't have that, it might help a customer out.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 4:55am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Naw,,Chask,,he told me to use it for fill-in,,,so it been waitin for some of my free time,,,,,Wink (which I ain't got none of anyway) ( he don't pay too good either),,,,,,,Wink 
  Funny,,I called Oreillys to see if they could test the pick-up coil and the Ignition control Module for me but they tell me Oreilly's corporate made them turn in all the diagnostic tools so they can't or won't even do the "Check Engine Light" for you ,,,,,,wonder what's happenin there,,,???
 Anyway,,I hate just throwin parts at a job till you find what the problem is,,,,guess i'ma gonna have to break down and buy one of them high falootin testers,,,HI DOLLAR  too,,,!!!!

I wonder if they all will do that?
That’s one of the only reasons I have to shop at Slow Really in the first place.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 10:12am
 Hey Thad,,,,,I just took that guy at his word but you got a point,,,I'm gonna call the store up in the alien town see if it is just a local issue or nationwide. I figured it was prolly the dealerships complainin to the Orelly folks as the dealers charge one hour flatrate for same service and flatrate here is $164/hour. A friend of mine had a 2014 Jeep with a noise in the front differential and I talked her into letting the dealer do a quick check and then we could do the work knowing what the issue was inside the diff,,,,,,,they told her the diff was unrepairable and they DID NOT repair them only "replace"  (new front diff = $1600),,,WTF,,?? They charged her $164 plus shop rags, shop use, and taxes for a total of $184,,,People,,we in the wrong business,,,!!! She wound up takin jeep to Texas and had a unit installed  out of a wrecked jeep for $ $450,,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,,,,I just took that guy at his word but you got a point,,,I'm gonna call the store up in the alien town see if it is just a local issue or nationwide. I figured it was prolly the dealerships complainin to the Orelly folks as the dealers charge one hour flatrate for same service and flatrate here is $164/hour. A friend of mine had a 2014 Jeep with a noise in the front differential and I talked her into letting the dealer do a quick check and then we could do the work knowing what the issue was inside the diff,,,,,,,they told her the diff was unrepairable and they DID NOT repair them only "replace"  (new front diff = $1600),,,WTF,,?? They charged her $164 plus shop rags, shop use, and taxes for a total of $184,,,People,,we in the wrong business,,,!!! She wound up takin jeep to Texas and had a unit installed  out of a wrecked jeep for $ $450,,,,,Clap

I just went in the Berryville Slow Really and talked to a guy I know. He says they still scan and all Slow Really’s are supposed to.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:11pm
Yeah,,,Thad,,,I just got back from the Oreillys in Roswell and they "Gladly" checked the Ignition Control module and determined it was bad. He told me they could not check the pick-up coil inside the distributor but if the ICM was bad,,in all likelyhood,,,the PUC was also bad. I had him run a check on the new ICM he handed me,,,,,,,and the new one tested good,,,,(I'm just a hard nosed old fart),,,,,LOL
 I went ahead and told him to give me a new PUC ,,,,,,and,,,,and,,,he tells me,,,I can sell you those two parts and will fix your trk for,,,,,,,$80 OR,,,,,I can sell you this brand new distributor complete from new cap, rotor, PUC, ICM AND a whole new body distributor W/new gear for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$75,,,chit,,,my momma didn't raise no fool,,plus I had my calculator with me,,,,LOL,,,,,,New distributor will be shipped to the Artesia store and I plan to have my Shameless Attitude on when I go tear into those AH's that told me a friggin lie bout Oreilly not havin the testing tools any more,,,That little manager is gonna remember me and my Shameless AZZ eating attitude and ,,,,and,,I bet they be wantin to GIVE me the friggin testin tools,,they be so glad to see me gone,,,,,,,I'M AM PIzzed,,,,,,!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic