This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,,,it was kinda quite,,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,,,it was kinda quite,,,,,,
    Posted: 24 Nov 2022 at 10:04pm
 Yep, it was me, my youngest son and my Grandson for Thanksgiving this year and was kinda sad to not have a houseful pf noisy and screaming kids and getting in your way when trying to cook for all them bubbaages and urchins,,,,, But me and Jaime got her done but we discussed and decided to change the menu to suit ourselves,,,, I guess there comes a time in everyboddy's life when we get left alone and you got to make do. I had been craving to make some Texas Burnt Ends, so I gave it a GO along with a BIG chicken,,biggest hen I ever seen was right at 7lbs,,!! So I smoked em right next to each oyther and they both was Many Wonderfuls,,,!!   THe pork belly was so good, we both had three helpings on what amounts to some crispy high faluting chunks of 1" X 1" Bacon,,,,!!!
 We started cooking about 7Am and finishe up doing the dishes at 5Pm. I had to take a little nap and just got up,,,,WinkWink
 Latest weather is,, we gots a WINTER STORM WARNING Right here till Sat Pm,,,!! CHIT!! As Well As,,,A Blizzard warning just east of us and moving our way!!!!   Just you wait till I see my "USED TO BE FRIEND"  ole Shameless,,,,JEEEZE,,I'm thinking "Winter Storm GOLIATH,,,,??
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:39am
well shucks...what else could I share with you this time of year?  I'm just spreading the love!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 4:47am

Well, Good Buddy,,I gots my "BIG BOY" Jammies on right now so I oughta be able to handle it,,,,,ClapClap   CHIT,,,I just have to turn the heater up another notch,,,,only'ist thing is I won't be able to work outside on my projects,,,guess I'll just start another closet clean out,,,,,,,LOL
Mr.P View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:47am
I know what you mean Its quite around here this year useto have over 24 people now there we had  12 deep one turkey and one in oven Oh by the way your good buddy is going to aim that pretty out west the first of the week
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 10:09am
Really quiet here, Sis in Law wife and I, Turkey Breast, sweet taters, mash taters, turnips and green beans, rolls, way too much food, pumkin crunch cake afterwards, be eating on this a few days.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 12:38pm
Had son and his wife (and kids) move back in again after being gone for 8 years , last time they came for a little while it was 8 years of staying . Just after my wife passed I had enough and said I need the time and the space to adjust and said they needed to find a place . 
  So unsure how long things will last , Seems everyone was under the weather kids , parents and even me some so NO FEED this year , kids had hot dogs and I supplied the buns , unsure what parents ate as they both stayed in bedroom coughing most of the day . I found a small steak , baked potato, cole slaw and mushrooms to fix for myself . 
  Youngest son and his GF are having a dinner on Saturday and I got invited there , down in West Concord MN where he just bought a couple buildings to go with the house and other building he bought 2 years back . He buys much else down there and he will own the town .
  So now to decide to make the 1 hour drive down or just fix for myself tomorrow . Then need to decide today yet as 3 cups of coffee doesnt do much for hunger .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:09pm
We had our Thanksgiving feast at step sons in Flordia on Wednesday because his kids had to go with their mother for Thanksgiving. He done all the cooking and we ate well, he's a great cook and done ham this year, then he packed all leftover up for us to take home, we got home around 1:00 today and will probably have left overs for supper tonight.
exSW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exSW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:11pm
Raised a pen of meat birds this fall. Great way to clean up the garden. They averaged 8.6 pounds dressed. Put two in the smoker and let 'er rip. Mashed taters,corn off the cob,sauteed zuchini all out of aformentioned garden. Pretty good Thanksgiving. Shoulda saved a few of those acorn squash but they got fed to the chickens.
Learning AC...slowly
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 7:50pm
Jenny was working out of town and had to leave around noon on Thanksgiving day.
I decided to work all that day since she was gonna be sleeping up until time to leave.
I had the job site to my self and an enjoyable day.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

Had son and his wife (and kids) move back in again after being gone for 8 years , last time they came for a little while it was 8 years of staying . Just after my wife passed I had enough and said I need the time and the space to adjust and said they needed to find a place . 
  So unsure how long things will last , Seems everyone was under the weather kids , parents and even me some so NO FEED this year , kids had hot dogs and I supplied the buns , unsure what parents ate as they both stayed in bedroom coughing most of the day . I found a small steak , baked potato, cole slaw and mushrooms to fix for myself . 
  Youngest son and his GF are having a dinner on Saturday and I got invited there , down in West Concord MN where he just bought a couple buildings to go with the house and other building he bought 2 years back . He buys much else down there and he will own the town .
  So now to decide to make the 1 hour drive down or just fix for myself tomorrow . Then need to decide today yet as 3 cups of coffee doesnt do much for hunger .

I hear ya, Coke, I also find it hard to eat regular anymore,,I usually just make a sandwich or leftovers,CHIT sometines I just open one of them pre cooked dinners and make do,, but I 'm starting to gain some extra lbs and I don't need to be doing that!!

fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 7:41am
Just the wife and I this year. Kids doing their own thing with their family which is fine. I hated trapsing all over the place with little kids in tow.
Had prime rib, mashed taters and corn on the cob.

As far as prime rib. Wife loves the way I do it. 
Medium rare my ass. I have to stab it with a fork to finish killing it so it doesn't crawl out of the pan. Ask how much she wants and then I slice it up and put the rest on the grill
and sear it good.
Now we are talking.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 8:15am
  Hey Fixer,,,I'm guessing this must be the "New Normal" all them AH politicos keep telling us is what we gonna get,,??  Seems always before the children would  Honor Grandma and Grandpa's house,,,,fact they even made a song bout,,,,,"OVER THE MOUNTAIN AND THRU THE WOODS, TO GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE WE GO"   then "take turns" on other holidays and that's OK,,I guess ??  It's a heck of a lot LESS cooking and lots quieter for sure but you still miss all the comaradie with family you had not seen in the longest,,,,sigh,,,,sigh
 Well,,,I wish you and your Honey have a wonderful time,,,,,Clap
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 8:37am
Everything is good. I see all of our bunch all the time anyhow. One grandson calls me every so often and rib each other. Talk to my siblings now and again. My mom's birthday is coming up, going to be 99 I think. She knows who I am some of the time. I just tell her I love her and will call back later if she doesn't. She is in Tennessee.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic