This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well,,I didn't do it,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well,,I didn't do it,,,,
    Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 2:27pm

on purpose for dang sure,,,but with that dang cough I'd had for the longest finally got me plumb worn down, I had my son take me to the ER Monday night. They took me in and first thing they did is stick them friggin swabs up my nose and left,,,then bout 5 minutes here they come again and done it again. The Dr comes in the room and tells me  I am Positive for Covid19 !!!! Holy'ist CHIT,,,!!! I told him I am 73 and have all the underlying issues, so I wanted the Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion ASAP. And maybe even some Ivermectin. I explained that my older brother was a 35 year MD in the ER of the biggest hospital in Milwaukee and is what he recommended I ask for.  They left and nurse showed up with my discharge papers stating for me to contact my Primary Care Physician in the morning to get the infusion of Monoclonal Antibodies the next day.
 The hospital called me Tues morning said they were ready for me to get the infusion. They do it via an IV and takes bout 30 minutes then you gotta sit there for another 30 minutes to make sure you be Ok to go home.The Pretty little nurse talked to me all the time,,,chit,,I didn;t want to leave just yet,,,,,She told me ,," you are gonna feel MUCH better in a couple of days and be Great in bout 4-5 days,! I do feel much better after just two days and my danged old cough is slowly going away too.
 I had been testing myself twice a day with my Pulse/O2 tester and my pulse has always been 77-84 and the O2 is always been above 92 and my temp has been 97.5 to 98.5 so maybe we caught it in time,,,,,
  I have NO IDEA how I picked this chit up as I do not shake hands with anybody, just the elbow bump and I wear a mask whenever I go inside a store,,So,,,,???  That chit must be everywhere,,,!!!!!!
   Ya'll be careful out there,,,,
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 2:46pm
You take care Joe!  That antibody therapy did the trick for me too, quit going downhill almost immediately, and started uphill within a couple days.  I hope and pray you got it beat and pull through 100%.

I surely hope nobody goes political on this.......and I don't mean this politically.....wearing that mask helps some, but is far from perfect protection.  That chit is extremely contagious. 

Hope all is well.  Keep us posted please.

Edited by Tbone95 - 02 Feb 2022 at 2:47pm
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 2:51pm
 Prayers for you Joe
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 2:56pm
Glad to hear your on the mend Joe. I had the cough when I tested positive and like you and T-bone I got the Infusion. Started feeling better the next day and the cough is gone. The Omnicron variant is more contagious than the other variants my Nurse Practioner Daughter told me. She is who set me up to get the Infusion. Now I see where they are not letting people get Infused as they say it doesn't work on Omnicron! Worked for me I'll testify!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 3:14pm
Ole Bud take care and please keep me updated.
You’re gonna be in my thoughts for quite some time.
The Good Lord is the greatest healer. I’ll be sending lots of prayers for you.🙏🙏🙏
dee_veloper View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 4:05pm
did you have the vaccine ?
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2022 at 4:51pm
covid sucks... thats GREAT NEWS that you responded well to the meds.... Good luck on FULL recovery.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 4:10am
us oldsters gots to be extra careful with all this chit going around, i haven't been away from our house since coming home from the horsepital this time. one of the stock holders has contracted that chit twice now, his idea of being under quarantine is wearing his mask and going all over in town. all he's doing is spreading it...the dumb a$$. when at the horsepital they too stuck them swabs up my nose...my eyes instantly teared up! LOL...they came back and said i didn't have covid, but my O2 was down in the 60's. that was enough to take my body functions (walking) away. they had to lift me outta the burb at the ER entrance,  and when they did they poked a hole in one of my legs, my show filled with blood and was overflowing...so i left a trail thru the ER and hallways.  i just tested my O2, it's 93 with a pulse of 66. this gitting old chit SUCKS! hand in there Joe...i still wanna meet you in person someday! (you still have a payback coming concerning something with ACV)
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 12:11pm

Ha, ha, ha, ha,ha,,,,Chit,,Shameless,,, ain't nuttin much gets by you does it,,???  Just so you do know,,I still got some respect for the ACV drink,,,BUT, but,, not straight outa the friggin bottle,,,but I'll bet it sure cleared your sinus' up good didn't it,,,?? Ha, ha, ha,,,
 You're a character,,,!!
 YIKES,,you lucky you didn't catched Pneumonia with your O2 in the 60's!!!! That right there is some dangerous condition, but good thing they did catch it while you was in the hospital.
 I'm feeling much better this mornin and decided to make a hearty chickie stew and even a pot of your famous beans,,,,I been phartin so much since I stsrted feeling bad,,, I just as well eat some beans so's I got a reason to blow off a little pressure,,,,,,??
 And I do hear you on them people that KNOW they is positive and still go out in public and keep spreading that Chit on others. Those are the ones that need to be reported.
 The local Walmart started a "NO Contact Shopping" and is what I'm gonna do today. What you do is get their APP and place your order via your smart phone and charge to your account, then they call you when order is ready and you go to a special place on side of store and they bring your order out to you all bagged up and put in the turtle,,,,but,,,,but,,,you can't kiss em on da cheek,,,,PSHHhaaaaa,,,!!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 1:38pm
Joe you desert rat, Glad to hear your doing much better. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Sures as hell it ain't no fun bein sick... specially with that chink flu crap.

Shamerz, I remember that ACV incident, thought you were smarter than that to try swiggen it from the bottle full strength...  Then thought you musta thought you were tuff like you were in your youth... back when we was young an dum.   Naw, finally decided you were clownin around juss for laughs and something to tell your buddies on the night shift crew.   But it sure was funny when you were tellin it and I imagining you spitt'n thet ACV through your nostrils and burnin your sinus's up... an the blurred vision that follows. That was down right https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/013.gif https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/013.gif https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/uploads/242/013.gif. Still gives a chuckle to that moment. LOL

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:29pm
just the elbow bump

THAT could give it to you...??
the stuff will survive for quite awhile, though soapy water kills it, as well as Lysol (as seen on TV)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 7:15pm

Yeah, JC,,that Shameless character is something else for sure and a good story teller for sure,,,,You and Cheryl gotta be cognizant of your surroundings alla the time as well as everybody else here,,,I've had so much Hearttbreak lately let's all be careful out there so's we can remain friends for a long time,,,,,,ClapClap
 I have three or four 12 oz bottles of the hand sanitizer in every room of the house and two in each car I drive PLUS two quart spray bottles of a 80% proof alcohol mix I got off the internet for spraying the door handles and locks,,,,the dang chit musta come in on my back,,,,,,,Wink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2022 at 12:13am
hey! Joe...you know...to much hand sanitizer isn't good for you either, it kills the good stuff on your skin and then that will allow lots more bad stuff to soak into your skin. i do carry a small pump bottle with me, but i spray what ever i'm gonna touch...like cart handles, pens, counters, door handles. i have an allergy to Lysol and several commercial sanitizers, so i gots to be careful with them. 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 9:47am

Well,,My Friends,,,,this is my 7th day since I tested positive with the covid and 6th day since the start of the Monoclonal Antibody infusion ,,,and,,,,and,,,I feel almost 97.32 %,,,,!! Got up and made a 2 egg omlet and am raring to go but my Brother kinda warned me from getting out too early as my cough has not gone away alltogether and it is really COLD out this morning so I expect I'll do some more straightening up inside the house and boxing up more of her stuff to give away,,,,,,Still got one more closet to go thru,,,!
 MANY THANKS to all the "Good Wishes" from all of ya'll,,,it sure helps to have a bunch of great people support,,,,it does,,,,,,! (May have to buy some more Blacl Label or,,,,or,,,or,,,maybe some Burgie this time,,,??Clap
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:01am
I am on day 7 since first symptoms, still have sinus drainage but fever is gone, slight cough, just lost taste and smell a few days back, so enjoyable.  No meds beyond normal that would feed a hard cold.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:11am

OH, and by the way,,, My Good Friend, Dave Kamp called me yesterday PM and he was in Albuquerque and headed to Roswell,,,,,,and you can imagine my despair that I could not meet up with him because of my quarantine still not complete,,,,!!! PFFfffttttt!!!!!
 Ole Dave Kamp was the guy that hauled the 149 for my D14 on it's last leg of the trip ALL THE WAY from Iowa to Roswell, NM back a few years ago. There were so many GREAT Allis Members that had a hand in getting it to me and I some day hope I get a chance to PERSONALLY THANK THEM..!!  Friends like Alan Demois (AJ) in Jeff City, Mo,, ole John Coufal in KC, Rick Corder and Mr "Do Everything hisself",,ole Dave Kamp.!! I just cannot seem to remember who it was that hauled the engine from SE Iowa to AJ in Jeff City,,,,? 
SAY,,,anyone know if ole JC is still with us ,,,???  Great Guy, he is.

Is the Allis Express still running,,??
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 10:17am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

I am on day 7 since first symptoms, still have sinus drainage but fever is gone, slight cough, just lost taste and smell a few days back, so enjoyable.  No meds beyond normal that would feed a hard cold.

Hey Dave if you don't have one Please consider buying a "Pulse/O2 Meter" (bout $20)  to keep track of your oxygen content as that is your first indication of any coming Pneumonia due to this varient. The constant cough is very concerning. Any reading below 90 is room to get to the ER. Good Luck.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 12:11pm
Hey DJ, Glad to hear your doin 98% better.... would be really great if ye was doing 120% better. Wink
  I still here... but doing my taxes....
 sure ain't no fun ... gotta watch out for the flu, couf and the govermutt...    Ermm

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 5:05pm
Joe, good to hear that you are doing much better. I tested positive right after Christmas but after a few days I was on the mend. My O2 level never dropped below 95.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 8:05pm

THat's great Hubert,,,,Clap Ole Shamless scared me with the 60 when they carried him to the ER last week.,,,,,,WHEW,,,thas close,,,!!!
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 8:36pm
Glad they gotchya fixed up with the Monoclonal Antibodies Infusion . we can't get it here. Dixie's neice got us the ivermecton and the amounts to take. Her husband and her both came down with covid at the same time and was back to work in a week. The only visitors we have had here at the house has been my one daughter and her husband in two years. Dixie was only out of the house, other that to the doctor, twice in the yard in a year.  They say everyone will get some variation of covid in time.

Edited by Dick L - 07 Feb 2022 at 8:38pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2022 at 9:26pm
Good to hear you’re doing better. Keep it up.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2022 at 10:07pm

Well, I got to meet yet another one of the friggin covid's afteraffects  the other day and again today and today's incident was very Scary,,,,!!
 I had to replace the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor on my 2000 F150 and had been on my back most of the day and finally finished up under the trk and was crawling out and when I went to stand up,,,,DANG,DANG, I dang near went to my knees thinking I was gonna pass out altogether,,,!! My head was spinning worst than my worst hangover from years ago!!! I actually got scared to even more cause my vision was spinning also,,,,,
 After bout 5 minutes I finally crawled to where my phone and almost called 911 cause I was still pretty groggy,,waited another 5 minutes and slow walked inside house and took a 500 Mg Tylenol and laid down. My head was still spinning and finally fell asleep for a couple of hours. Head still hurt some and just a little dizzy, so I texted my brother, the Dr and he tells mt the dizzy spells are a by product of the covid and may last for some time,,,, My 3rd son told me he still has em after almost one year and my younger brother also says he still has some bad ones AFTER 6 months WTH,,,??
 Anyone else suffering from these dizzy spells and what are you doing for it???
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 6:49am
Even a person in good health can feel dizzy after 'getting up' from being in the the laying down position for a while.  When I used to donate blood, they did not have us stand up right after but sit for a minute before we stood to walk.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 7:07am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well, I got to meet yet another one of the friggin covid's afteraffects  the other day and again today and today's incident was very Scary,,,,!!
 I had to replace the Crankshaft Positioning Sensor on my 2000 F150 and had been on my back most of the day and finally finished up under the trk and was crawling out and when I went to stand up,,,,DANG,DANG, I dang near went to my knees thinking I was gonna pass out altogether,,,!! My head was spinning worst than my worst hangover from years ago!!! I actually got scared to even more cause my vision was spinning also,,,,,
 After bout 5 minutes I finally crawled to where my phone and almost called 911 cause I was still pretty groggy,,waited another 5 minutes and slow walked inside house and took a 500 Mg Tylenol and laid down. My head was still spinning and finally fell asleep for a couple of hours. Head still hurt some and just a little dizzy, so I texted my brother, the Dr and he tells mt the dizzy spells are a by product of the covid and may last for some time,,,, My 3rd son told me he still has em after almost one year and my younger brother also says he still has some bad ones AFTER 6 months WTH,,,??
 Anyone else suffering from these dizzy spells and what are you doing for it???

I'm 13 days from start and yes I'm having some of that dizziness to Joe, mine isn't that severe but just feel a little wobbly, comes and goes several times a day.  I have a pretty good headache too and still muscles feel like they got beat.  They tell me part of it and to take two 500mg tylenol up to every 6 hrs if needed.  Seems Tylenol is supposed to work the best for covid symptoms.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:30am
The fact that you felt up to that task is good news. But dang it all, maybe ease into it a bit there joe! Haha…yes, I had a few of those dizzy spells too. Not too bad or for long.

Good luck joe, keep on the mend.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 8:44am
don't blame covid necessarily! it may NOT have been the culprit !!!
You laid down for HOURS... body gets 'used to' being in that position and 'adjusts' things, like blood flow.... add to that age(sorry, but heck, count me in too) takes a toll on the strength of things, little things, like blood vessel walls. They'll 'flatten out',as no need to pump far ,far away, like your head  when standing up. It takes TIME for the body to readjust to 'vertical' mode.
ah the joys of getting old !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 9:13am
dizzy can be related to old age and getting up fast... BUT... In Joes situation, it didnt last for 1 minute.. Sounds like it was a hour, and the headache ...... take it easy Joe... good luck !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 11:15am
That and Joe is used to what it takes to mechanic on stuff and noticed a change.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 12:09pm
Since november's episode of the china crud, I have noticed that muscle and light headed and dizzy feelings too... DANG, just getting old was bad enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic