This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

well the 'fun' begins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: well the 'fun' begins
    Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:03pm
Deal went through so I no longer own the acre+shop next door. New owner is a sweetie, the girlfriend of the 'contractor'.
I've got 3 years, legally to remove all my stuff.
He expects to have house built and in before Xmas....hehehehehe
he JUST found, from GC, what the City was to 'develope' the lot....60K+. THAT I kenw 2 months ago....it's all on the city website.....hehehe
The one tenent has 1200sq ft of small wood scraps to remove, THAT, should be even MORE fun to watch, hehehehe...
... and so it begins...
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:38pm
You gonna get it all on video??? 
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Was that noted on your seller’s disclosure about the pending development? In some states, you have to make the prospective buyers aware of such things.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 11:49pm
Was this the property that your wife’s son wanted to build on?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 5:18am
The 60K is the regular costs to build a house here ,in the sticks, in Hamilton. There's a 27K 'development ' charge(access to services like garbage pickup,etc), 5-8K for parks,building permits, etc.
Only the 'tip of the iceberg'.....

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 7:38am
Sounds like downtown St Louis!!  They have fees for EVERY aspect, inspections($$$) for EVERY Step, takes LIGHT YEARS to get anything done as not enough personnel.  My previous employer built Habitat For Humanity homes.  JUST The initial Permitting and lot assessments were over $30K, then had to have excavation inspection, all underground utility lines inspection, then set the feeder runs for water, sewer and gas with another inspection, pour footer, then walls then floor, each requiring its own inspection with Microscope views.  

A 1200sf single family 2br was costing the company close to $200k to construct NOT including the volunteer labor.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:02am
Lars , he can always resell it to someone else if the Wizbang operator Ops out. That I'm sure wouldn't break JayB's heart.  JayB, stock up on popcorn beverages and have a good comfy chair to sit in and watch with binocs, don't want to get to close.  hehehe Wink Thumbs Up

Edited by chaskaduo - 16 Jul 2020 at 9:04am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:07am
AND.......... dont forget to GET PICTURES !!
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 9:57am
and document everything... maybe write a book and make millions like the former prez Bummer and his mizzuz wookie did... Wink
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:19am
 Wink Something just says poor O'l Jay does not need binoculars to see the disaster progress.

I might suggest Jay slip through the border and see if Shameless would feed him and hide him in the bunker where he has da "machine" hid.LOL   Cause my guess is Jay has this big target on his front and back that all the "contractors" trouble are Jay's fault, just ask his mommy. LOL

All I know to do is pray for you Jay.

Edited by Ray54 - 16 Jul 2020 at 11:20am
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 1:56pm
Oh the Humanity!!! Wink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 3:14pm
hay LARS, yes..... the girlfriend bought it ! She's GREAT, Dutch gal, we get along fine.....
it will be interesting......
I'll probably need a lot of bandaids from biting my lips to keep quiet about offering my 6 decades worth of general knowledge, and 2 decades of owning next door...

Jay

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 1:49am
you can hide out here Jay...but not near the "machine"!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 5:14am
aw, and I go a couple toolboxes just FULL of 'monkey wrenches' too !!
I might even be able to 'dial in' the machine to hit a very,ery specific 1 acre parcel up here ,hehehe
I did sell an 8by16 deckover trailer last night, so slowly the 'excess inventory' is leaving. I haven't figured out what to do about the oranges though...ohwell go 2 years and 363 dayze to figure that out.....

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 5:16pm
Well, my best to you Jay.  I sure hope it's as much fun for you as you expect.  It will be VERY interesting.  Good luck and stay sane!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 5:23pm
I did sell an 8by16 deckover trailer last night, so slowly the 'excess inventory' is leaving. I haven't figured out what to do about the oranges though

Jay, sounds like you are downsizing... Is there a plan to MOVE in your "old age", or just depleting STOCK ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2020 at 8:35pm
Already bought and paid for my final resting place, 3 decades ago so hopefully not moving there too soon !
Will have to downsize over the next 3 years,ain't got enough room on 1/3 acre for 3 D-14s, implements and the Kubota,oh yeah ,sawmill...Locally  no interest in the orphan D-14,funny as it's the newest and NO oil leaks...
Would like to add 2nd floor to garage but dang city laws.....grrrrrrrrrrr
Should be interesting will update as things happen
Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2020 at 8:04pm
update:
Ok,so the woodworker tenant was told 7 weeks ago , he's gotta remove 100% of his stuff..i informed him 2 hours afte rhte 'deal was done'.He expected 4 MONTHS of notice, I bartered to get him 2 months, legally 30 days is the law...so with just 7 days to go, not a tool ,nail or piece of wood has left even though he emails me 'no worries'.
Now think of a 24 by 40 shop with 1/3 mezzanine FULL and I mean FULL of pieces of wood,boxes of nails and 5 major tools(table saw,lathe,etc.). I'm thinking 2 or 3 , 20' seacans jammed full ? Just how long would it take you( 1 person) to move that stuff ?
Next friday should be interesting, next saterday even better !

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 1:41pm
Then it's your right.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 1:48pm
Don't break your back JB!!!!!    Popcorn, Lawn chair in the shade, a frosty one, and BINOCULARS remember. Wink
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 2:42pm
Is the tenant on property that you sold?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 2:47pm
HAY the woodworker and son  came next door...spent 4 hours sortin through some of his wood, took a 1/4 load of it away(new 16' enclosed trailer)....didn't make a dent inside the shop ! I figure 3-4 seacans worth of stuff...
He was given 60 days notice to vacate(he's month to month, so 30 legally),has 6 days left...hmmmm
next sat-u-r-day should be interesting ...

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 2:50pm
Is the new owner gonna close on the property before the tenant’s deadline?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 5:27am
sigh....
here's what I got this morning @5:46 AM...
Good morning Jay I expect to find the full face respirator / shield sitting in the table when I arrive today. The candid camera will confirm no doubt. 

This AFTER I helped him move some of the heavy tools out of the shop.
I'm NOT sorry to see him go and will NOT volunteer my services or use of the forklift to move the rest of his 'stuff'.

grrrrrrrrrr

So do I do the 'petty' thing and retieve MY 20' ladder he's been using or be the 'bigger man' and let him continue using it ?
As much as I'd like to 'stick it to him', I think I should let him use my ladder.
BTW I didn't see the respirator and he left the lights on when he left at 4 yesterday.
Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 28 Jul 2020 at 6:30am

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 5:37am
Hay Lars

Jun 9 ,9 AM the 'handshake' to buy the property was done
Jun 9 ,11 AM email sent to Tom the tenant, 'pty sold, you've got 60 days to vacate'
Jul 15 ,11AM got the cheque, signed deed over so 'done deal'
Jul 16th, 9AM sent email reminder , he had 2 week left to vacate
Jul 25th 11AM, he arrives and take 2 small loads away....

so far 5 loads, NOT that you'd really notice....

oh well
Jay

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 7:04am
Ok, thanks for keeping us posted.
So actually, the tenant is the new owners problem, but is honoring your notice to tenant concerning the vacate timeline.
I myself would not help the tenant, but thats me, (actually Mrs Lars would demand I not help).
I can understand you wanting to help the new property owner during this time, it’s a judgement call.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 7:45am
You have it all documented so he has NO leg to stand on not notified, as to his problem coming up, it is HIS problem so watch and PLEASE take photos!!!!  This is good enough to start making popcorn NOW!

Some people do not EVER learn, will not be surprised if and when the NEW owner takes a match to the stuff in the yard and sells the machinery on open auction, has EVERY right to as is abandoned given the notices.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 5:42am
Well it's the last day for the tenant ! Surprisingly he's got most of the shop cleaned out though he doesn't talk to me....still PO'd the new owner only gave him 2 MONTHS to get out. Oh well, not my problem. At least I can now SEE my 3 worktables I loaned him a decade ago

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2020 at 3:41pm
He's GONE ! The tenant actually hauled away 99.44% of his stuff by 4PM !  I was 'busy' down the road( might have TWO jobs for the sson contractor ) when he left...whew...

Shop as 1,000 square feet of SPACE...sigh, it's not mine anymore, snif,snif.
Oh well ,new owner is a sweetie, we're hosting a Bday BBQ for her  in the next hour
so I gotta get the corn water heatin up

Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 8:51am
today's update....
I tossed out a lot of 'krapwood' on the weekend and some steelbeams... one of those 'yesdear' things....
then...
OK, I 'knew' storing the Kubota inside wouldn't last too long... NOW I have to move my 1949 telephone callboard, a rack full of 'old skool' computer,engine hoist and  about 400# of plywood... all this( and more...) so he can put his 'new' old Webster aircompressor unde rthe staircase I built 17 years ago....
sigh, oh well. I must be gettin old, this is kinda rolling off my back like duck water....

good news is I move anything until HE moves the 'stuff' betwen stairs and door !
so I have time to re-re-reorganize the garage,again, for the new stuff..

BTW the callboard weighs 400-500# as I recall.. definitely a two hernia move the last time... the computer cost 70K USD back in 1985....sigh...

Jay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic