This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well.... Here we go...... Let the bitching begin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well.... Here we go...... Let the bitching begin
    Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 7:55pm
So we're about 80% through construction on the new farm and about 2 weeks ago we got a call from the EPD saying the neighbor was complaining about muddy water coming from the retention pond. They weren't so much worried about the muddy water but more that chicken litter would wash down out of the back of the houses and into the spring that's on the property line. The fact is the only litter that goes out the back of the houses is what's on your shoes when you step out and they know this because their brother/brother in law has 4 houses right in front of their house. Anyway, we went with it and did everything the EPD inspector asked. Well, today my father in law got a text from the neighbor along that I call her. It turns out she got his number from her daddy thinking it was mine. Well I called and the whole conversation was basically what are we going to do to work with them? First off, we're legal according to the county, the EPD, the NRCS, and chicken company. Second, what the hell makes a person think they can stomp toes by reporting us to the EPD and then ask "what are you going to do to work with us"? And her complaints we're so rediculous I don't know where to start. She complained about the back of the houses being on the end where she lives. That wasn't our decision. That was made by the chicken company and the designer and on top of that it just made the most sense. Second she's worried about the dust being blown on her property and what it might do to her children's health. The only fans pointed toward her property is 1 36" fan on the back of each house and the closest one is about 300 ft from the line and if that fan can blow dust 300 ft. then I'm 7 ft tall and bullet proof and can piss liquid gold. Her last complaint was the best one. She complained about the placement of the incinerator and how bad it will stink. THERE'S NOT AN INCINERATOR THERE YET!!! She saw a 500 gallon fuel tank from her yard and decided it's an incinerator and she knows how bad they smell because she grew up on a farm. The damn fuel tank doesn't have a smoke stack! Sorry for the rant. Just a little stressed I guess.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 8:21pm

DANG,,,!!!. I feel for you, Guy. It's just too bad the world has to include AH's like her,,!! What you gonna have to do is stay on the good side of the EPD inspecter,,,cause from my experiences,,,Far too may times,,a person with responsibilities tends to listen to the first person that calls to complain and puts you on the defense.
 We had a neighbor like that when we lived in town,,and after a few years we bought the place we now have in the country and lived out here for bout 12 years ,,,until the farmers started to subdivide and in a matter of two years we suddenly had more neighbors than I thought was possible,,,with TWO of the absolute worst AH'S  just down the road,,,,,Wisht I had enough money to buy their azz out and get rid of them......
 Stay calm tho,,,,,,,LOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:11pm
I have and has had the same problems too! I did manage to chase out numerous neighbors thru the years...(won't tells ya how, staute of limitations ain't out yets). maybe a 6 foot solid fence between the houses and her place, that way any complaints from her would hafta come from her trespassing to try any complaints. and of course some females ain't happy thru life unless they can bitch bout someone or something! I guess I better ad males and he/she's in on the last statement too. finally...is she a competitor? stay with the requirements of the govt agencies tho. they are the best backups (not always the right ones) you can have right now. keep us posted
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:19pm
Yep Tyler, just try and stay calm.  Really pizzes me off when you've got your farm out in the middle of nowhere and the neighbor sell off his land and they develop it and then all the new owners want YOU to move.  Stinky animals, stinky chemicals, you name it.  And we're the ones who suffer because the govt pays attention to how many vote.  It's BS, but what can you do?  Bend over backwards when you interact with the inspectors and if you're within the law, just ignore the neighbors.  You could have Shameless come stay with you for a few months........I bet they'd be glad to move!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 10:29pm
Ted...maybe he needs some refrigerated trucks with spiqots out the side and some brass poles in the barns on opening eve? maybe a loud band too?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 5:56am
1) take a deep breath..
2) count to ten...
3) printout all 'letters of compliance' from the 'guv'
4) IGNORE HER !

1 and 2 will reduce stress...
3 is for next batch of guv that come by, it proves YOU are OK
4  life is too short to deal with her, block from phones

we've all had 'wonderful' neighbours..funny thing is if you TOTALLY ignore them, they go away
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 6:03am
I live on 6+ ac in a rural area and when we bought this place we needed to sign a agreement that we were aware that at times in a rural area there are odors, smells etc that are offensive.  There has been very little bitching about ag noise or smells in this area.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 6:09am
Thanks fellas. Feel a little better this morning. Woke a couple of times last night with it on my mind. No her family isn't technically a competitor. We grow for the same company and the only way they would be competitors is if we were selling at the same time. Even then her brother is a good man and I believe would help us any way he could and I would him. I guess the biggest problem I have is if she can get ahold of me up ask "what are you going to do too help me?" then why couldn't she get ahold of me to say "there's muddy water coming from your retention pond". Like I said before, how much help can you expect to get after stomping somebody's toes? Either way, we're legal. All she can do is bitch
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:09am
Just another flower child or snow flake who's version of country life came from reading mother goose tales. Dealing with them can sometimes be the route of least resistance but it won't always cure them. Assuming you are legally installed and operating only you can decide at what point you tell them tuff chit, deal with it. I dealt with these people for many years in my business. Some cannot be satisfied and believe me, the authorities get tired of hearing thier iligit gripes also.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:40am
I wonder how much property tax and monetary value you generate for your area compared to her. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:11am
Ignore the neighbors! Tell them to FOAD! lol!! The fence idea might not be bad either!--IF it's practical to build. DON'T give in to them, block the phone, and go about making your business grow!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 1:19pm
Maybe you should ask her brother/brother in law what her problem is.  Perhaps she's pregnant, I've noticed that women in that condition can be a real pain to deal with, hormone thing I guess. 
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Maybe you should ask her brother/brother in law what her problem is.  Perhaps she's pregnant, I've noticed that women in that condition can be a real pain to deal with, hormone thing I guess. 

I guess pregnant could be a possibility but from the way she sounded he had to be hard up and desperate
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:47pm

I guess pregnant could be a possibility but from the way she sounded he had to be hard up and desperate [/QUOTE]

LOL Ain't believing you said that. LOL Some people will look for something to bitch about. The best route is to have all of your ducks in a row and just ignore her. Son of the guy that leases my hay fields has chicken houses and some of the litter goes on my fields, one being within 50 feet of my house. Cousin that lives just down the road was complaining about the smell and I told her it smells like money to me. If you want to live in the country learn to appreciate these fine aromas.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:25pm
let her git the ulcers!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:31pm
Wow I just see this post, that sucks.
So lately in life in situations like this I think. Like is everything in her own life so perfect, she doesn't make muddy water or dust, how fast she drive up dirt driveway lol
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 6:38am
If it was me doing what you are doing, within a week of buying the land, I would of been planting 4-5 rows of trees along the line anywhere there was a house.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 8:21am
When we bought the place it was in 15 to 20 year old planted pines. We left 5 or 6 rows between us and the property line not counting the trees between her house and the property line. I thought it was enough but I guess not
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:13am
Tyler, you should go with hedges instead of pines.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:14am
Thendrix, tell her since she is complaining and bitchn already, You have decided to raise pigs in the new housing... MILLIONS OF PIGS... LOL

We are having a great debate in this county, and it is over a hog raising enterprise corporation that lives in Iowa and has been looking for a place to build another million+ dollar establishment and 2 or 3 more sites too up here. Since I understand the area they are in won't let them build anymore facilities... but I can only say it is hearsay at this moment. I am not in the loop of this, just hear tidbits.
  --- A preliminary application for the CAFO was filed with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources in April by Jeff Sauer from the company Cumberland LLC in conjunction with Suidae Health and Production, based in Iowa. The 26,000-animal hog farm is planned to be built near the town of Trade Lake, WI and the North Branch of the Trade River. ---
  This outfit is scarin the 'll out of the local citizens and they have been investigating other areas that do have mega hog facilities and every one of them do not have any good words about them... stink is the main reason, coupled with the fact that many wells have become contaminated and ground waters too...

On top of all this, the seller of the land is listed as eric melin, when the real fact is that his father Jim is/was the owner of the land and the son, Eric is taking over the farming operation... and Jim sits on the trade lake board... thus Cumberland farms bought the 35 acres of land so it would not be 'conflicts of interest'. LOL
  ""When are we going to stop getting attacked for wanting to have profitable businesses?" said Melin. "If we can’t make money as a small farm and we can’t be a big farm, what are we supposed to do?""
  ""We’re happy to support you, but we can’t support something this large. It’s not family farming. It’s factory farming.""   I would say it is factory corporate industry type farming... what if some other country buys the operation? Now it isn't even US based business. Ermm 
  I have cattle, but in the summer, you can smell the 800 cow dairy that is 4 miles away from here... and mine, you don't smell them at all.  There is a difference in what and how you farm.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm
We get the "factory farm" name a lot. All from people that have no idea about the industry or how the farm operates. They just know what they've seen in PETA videos on the internet. They have seen them and they KNOW we're all just absolute monsters that are making millions and don't care about the animals. Have to ignore it but it's not easy

Edited by thendrix - 11 Jan 2020 at 12:16pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
How dare you feed us. Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

How dare you feed us. Wink

That's the funny thing. The people complaining don't take into account the benefit they get from it. Most of them would rather move the poultry industry to South America or Asia where they don't regulate feed ingredients or animal welfare.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:12pm
Tyler...gits you some Applewood, and burn it in the incinerator for awhile, she'll see the smoke and wonder why her incinerator smells worse than yours! and if she wants any answers for anything, send her on a bunch of dead ends of places to call!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:23pm
You mean send her to the complaint officer named Helen Waite? If she has a problem she should go to Helen Waite? Sounds good to me

I talked to a friend who also has a chicken farm. He said everybody has a crazy neighbor. He said he cut a hedgerow down that was on his property and his came over and ate him up one side and down the other because of it

Edited by thendrix - 11 Jan 2020 at 9:27pm
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:19pm
Tyler, she sounds like the crazy neighbor that used to be behind us, idiot came over and chewed me out because I didn't leave the key in my tractor and backhoe and she was gonna use them to spread out the dump truck of mulch she had delivered. Then expected me to go do it for her, and no I didn't.

If you have to go face to face with her for any reason, I'd turn the camera on your phone on, even if you don't her in the shot, you'll have audio of her statements and any threats she says! It's become a CYA world!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:54pm
If you haven't noticed that most people don't care as long as they don't see it. Just look how many years has it been that they shut our factories down becouse of emissions, pollution, labor and other red tape. But don't seem to be bothered how the other countries manufacture stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic