This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wd45 hold position valve piping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wd45 hold position valve piping
    Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 2:38pm
Hello all , i am in process of re-assemble my wd45 , and on my holding position valve my two tractor ram are on the foward hole ? Anyone see it like a problem ? , because in my shop manuel they said otherwise ? Left side need to be connect to the closest of the cam ?
sorry for my bad english 
my very best regards
christian

Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:45pm
If using the tractor for loader work the hoses need to be hooked to the same port on both sides, so that both cylinder have the oil held in the hold position. If the traction booster feature is need the cylinders need to be connected to different ports. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:19pm
The way you now have it plumbed, the hydraulic system will lift/hold/lower on both lift arm cylinders at the same time. You have no remote ram line connection shown. The remote ram line (loader or a disc) would go in the front hole on the left side and your hose to the left lift arm would go in the rear hole on the left side.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 9:58pm
I Tee'd both rams in the front RT hole and have remote as Doc said. Having left ram in rear hole is for front mount cultivator/delayed lift setting. Will never need that and putting 6-30 JD rear mount cultivator on back makes for a good twist in lift shaft when holding with only one cyl.
sunsation288 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunsation288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2023 at 5:27pm
thanks all for your precious help !!!!

a friend from north of the border 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic