This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 hand clutch sliping BAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knkrein1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 hand clutch sliping BAD
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:43am
I have been helping my neighbor raking hay and the hand clutch is now slipping to the point were the leaver needs to be healed while it goes up a hill. I looked through a Service Manual for the WD45 and wasn't able to see (or I missed it) on now to make an adjustment to keep the tractor running for now. I recall from my brother(deceased) that you could pull some shims?  with out pulling the clutch. I told my neighbor I could use my WD45, hasn't been used in sometime - and it has a flat rear tire. 
any advice
ken

Ken R.
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 1:45pm
under battery box is a cover over the hand clutch. Remove all that and you wil see 3 places the clutch is bolted together. Remove equal amount of shims from each location. If it's been let go that long,you may not have any lining left so don't get your hopes up as to this being the fix. The snap ring may have came off the back side of clutch which causes it's own problems. Good luck.
knkrein1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knkrein1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 6:29pm
Thanks Steve you just confirmed what I remember my brother had told me a long time ago. I do have that bad felling about the clutch pack being too far gone. I talked to the owner and told him that the tractor may have to be brock down, and the clutch rebuilt.  
Ken R.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic