This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 Diesel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 Diesel
    Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 5:39pm
Just bought a WD45D with power steering and single front wheel.  I am going to put it under the shed and add it to my "I'll get to it someday list".  The tractor is rough but does run good. 

Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 5:46pm
I like it! Are those cultivator brackets up front? I remember those days struggling to hook the the four row mounted on our wd
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 9:05pm
   That is a nice one, Thanks for saving it.
Dad always said," If you have one boy, you have a man. If you have two boys, you have two boys". "ALLIS EXPRESS"
tomstractorsandtoys View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomstractorsandtoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 9:56pm
Your post says your from NC. That is not a rough NC tractor. Years ago my Dad bought lots of used tractors from NC and for its age it looks good.We bought lots of Deere 4230-4430's cab tractors that were so rough we cut the cabs off and sold them as fender tractors and this was twenty five years ago.The further south you go the rougher the tractors get with FL orange grove tractors the worst I ever saw. We did get some good ones(like the 3020 diesel that now has 9600 hours).For the age your 45 looks good.The second Allis I ever spent much seat time on was a 45 Diesel wide front and factory power steering. I mowed lots of hay with it and a 990 IH haybine. Tom
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2016 at 10:57pm
would you sell this tractor
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 12:03am
Saw my dad's set of 4 row cultivators setting in the weeds for the WD45D last week and decided I need to save them before they go to the junk yard....
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 6:29am
Originally posted by Eldon (WA) Eldon (WA) wrote:

Saw my dad's set of 4 row cultivators setting in the weeds for the WD45D last week and decided I need to save them before they go to the junk yard....

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'd bet they guy that got that 45D new thought he was in Heaven when it came time to cultivate. Single front would be great for turning without knocking over too much corn and with PS it must have been like a dream to operate with the extra weight out front.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 6:49am
Nice find Larry. That is a keeper for sure!
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 6:54pm
dawn reader,i have 5 to choose from,if interested
Larry in NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 7:18pm
I agree Southern tractors tend to be worse for wear but there are good ones too.  Below is another WD45D I have that is an NC tractor.  On another note, engineering marvels (or some would call it rigging) never ceases to amaze.  The second picture below is a D12 that I bought and the large cable you see in the picture was used as the battery ground.  They used a hose clamp to attach it to the battery post.  

Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 11:24pm
Put some 14.9 x 38's on her!

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Larry in NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:44am
Looks good with those tires.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic