This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD-45 Carburetor TSXU-836 Nozzle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD-45 Carburetor TSXU-836 Nozzle
    Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 10:26am
My WD-45 had some water contaminated fuel in it for a couple months this summer which led me to rebuild the carburetor. The nozzle was seized in the body like I have never seen before. A brand new, correctly sized screwdriver, heat and penetrating oil couldn't break it loose. So, the nozzle ended up being no longer serviceable by time it made its way out. I couldn't find a complete rebuild kit for a TSXU-836 as that's the tag on the carburetor so I just ordered one listed for a WD-45/D-17. The diameter at the end of the nozzle that came in the kit is smaller than the nozzle that was in the carb. The original nozzle has an end diameter of about 0.275” and the nozzle in the kit is about 0.215”. I cannot seem to find a replacement nozzle. The new nozzle fits and other than the end diameter being smaller, it seems it would work. Would anyone have any insight on finding a replacement nozzle or if the kit nozzle will work?
Sponsored Links

Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 11:09am
Check Carbs Unlimited on line or call 283-833-4106 
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2023 at 6:57pm
Too bad you are so far away. I have a lot of miscellaneous carburetor parts in a few boxes. without having something to match it with, it be hard to guess at what you need. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 3:15am
WD45 came with a MS TSX464 carburetor which is probably what "kit" they sent you. Maybe a D17 Series I came with the same carb but I think they were different. Definitely different by the Series IV which is probably more like the 836 that you have. My WD45 has a TSX871 carb on it but that is because it ain't a stock WD45. The kit itself or at least the supplier should be able to tell you what MS carbs it works on before you buy it.
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2023 at 6:40pm
A TSXU-836 Carburetor is a Universal replacement Carburetor. As far as gaskets and o rings are concerned, they should be the same as a TSX464. But that's where it ends.  I know some of the components are different from the universal Carbs. I'll look and see if I have a nozzle if you still need one....
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
albatros_3 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 6:55am
Hey Steve, I haven't been able to track down the correct nozzle. I've made some calls and everyone said the same thing that this is a replacement carb but I've had no luck with the nozzle. The problem is the original nozzle ended up multilated to extract it without damaging the carb body, so I don't really have anything to compare.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2023 at 9:59am
Mike,
I looked to see if I had any TSXU cores in the bin and unfortunately I do not. Can you send me a picture of it to our customcircuits@gmail.com address? I'll look through my M/S small parts trays.
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 9:36am
I'm just following up with my results. Steve was a big help at looking at some photos and giving the vote of confidence to use the nozzle that came in the rebuild kit. The shoulder near the top of the nozzle that has a gasket is the same size as the old nozzle so it works just fine. I went ahead with the rebuild, did some lapping of the sealing surfaces and it runs great after getting the adjustment just right. Here is a photo of the new nozzle that shows the gap I was worried about.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 9:39am
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2023 at 10:39pm
Soooo....what do you do with the choke? Make a "push" rod?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros_3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 8:06am
It still uses the original pull rod on the backside of the carb. The new choke shaft has the new connection on the outside that isn't used. Seems to be a universal replacement.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2023 at 9:09pm
That's kinda neat!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic