This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wd transmission housing plugs-hydraulic return

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkoucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wd transmission housing plugs-hydraulic return
    Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:07pm
I have a WD and I was trying to hook up a return line to run a hydraulic motor on a small 4" auger (15').  I used the plug in the torque housing just south of the hydraulic dipstick.  I haven't used the WD in about four years and it sat outside for the first two.  I got her running again but had trouble with the hydraulics.  The fluid was very low and after putting a lot of fluid in, everything seemed to work but I noticed fluid by the rams, two small puddles.  I figured the ram seals were just dried out but when I looked further it was coming out of holes in the transmission and differential housing directly below the brake covers.  The holes are completely open to the insides of the housing.  Are there supposed to be caps here?  There doesn't appear to be any threads.  I never had any real leaking problems prior to this but the Wd hasn't run in years so the fluid could have run out easily in the last four years.  I also have a small leak in the hydraulic pump itself.  Can anyone point me to a good parts dealer online for gaskets?
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 4:19pm
The plug you are refering to is the hand clutch resevor check and fill . if you put a hyd return line there and ran the tractor and hyd motor your hand clutch housing is now way too full of hyd oil. The hand clutch housing should have 80/90 in it. the large holes on the bottom of the brake area sometimes refered to as "mouse access holes" are to drain any oil getting past the axle seals, an occasional drip there is normal but you should not have a puddle.  There also is another plug to the rear of the hand clutch check plug a little bigger and that is to check the trans/rearend. It  could be that you filled everything with hyd fluid cuss of leaky seals.
ALinIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALinIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 5:30pm
Your return line needs to be to where you check the hyd oil or the bottom of the pto box.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 6:26pm
AL NO not the bottom of the pto box!!!!  there is a pipe plug just ahead of the pto box that can be used. It is the drain for the hyd housing.  The pto runs in 80/90 from a diferent compartment!!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 8:04pm
Kinda reminds me of having a guy drive in a car tha thad gasoline coming up out of the dipstick of an automatic transmission...
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 9:35pm
I think you are pumping the fluid into the tranny/differential, which has 80-90 oil in it.
You must return the oil to the hydraulic pump which is ahead of the hand clutch and PTO. LOL Bob
4 B's, 1 C's,3 CA's, 2 G's WD, D14, D15, B-1, B10, B12, 712S,
j.w.freck View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j.w.freck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012 at 9:52pm
why not just  put a fitting in the hole for the bolt that secures the belt pulley.we had one of our 45,s plumbed that way several years that was used to run a seed and fertilize auger...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic