This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD radiator picker shield

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD radiator picker shield
    Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 3:54pm
The shield is under the front of the radiator, held down by the two back bolts of the pedestal cover. Got this NOS item from PaulB on here last fall on the way to the Maryland GOTO. Thanks Paul I like the look.
   Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
Sponsored Links

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 9:22pm
I have one of those on my WD and always wondered what it was for. Thanks for posting.

1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 6:01am
That is one of those small touches to a restoration that most would never notice. I does fill the gap under the radiator shroud and looks much better than without it. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Matt Tallant View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tallant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 11:25am
I would like to find a NOS one as well
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 11:53am
I pick corn every year with a mounted allis corn picker, one before the number identification. I have limited experience with other brands mounted pickers. Perhaps my biggest complaint with it , besides the limited clearance, is the number of extra pieces you need put on the tractor to correctly mount the picker. I bet there are a dozen brackets that need to go it to support the subframe and the elevator. My dad has an ih 234 on a farmall 450. It needs two brackets and four bolts. He can have it on before I even find all my brackets. Wonder if the 150,170,190 are less complicated
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:27am
I made a few of those many years ago

1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Mfam8 View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mfam8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 9:40am
I have a sweet corn picker snout, there's a picture of one on a WD in one of the Allis books, I can't remember which one, but thinking it may have been Norm Swinfords big book. It has a more rounded shape, definitely was built for WD and WD45 tractors. Much different than the MW Super Snouts or the like. Would anyone have any ideas or possibly be able to help me identify it if I could post pictures?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic