This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD 45 Power Steering Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwd45ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD 45 Power Steering Leak
    Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 3:01pm
I own A WD 45 with Factory installed power steering. In the last several years it has started to leak power steering fluid. At first it only leaked it while I was using it. Now it leaks it out if it is in use or not running. It comes out of the bottom of the tractor near the main seal. Can anyone tell me what I have going on and what I might have to do to fix this. I use it to plow snow.  I have a Heat Houser on the tractor so to add fluid it can be a fair undertaking. Thanks for your help as always.
Rod
Rod Folkert
Sponsored Links

DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2024 at 3:30pm
Probably just a gasket or seal that needs replacing.  Oil always flows down hill, so it is naturally going to be wet at the bottom.  Feel around higher up to see that where else it might be wet.
If it leaks at one place, other spots might not be far behind.  Would be best to remove it and reseal the whole unit.
The AGCO parts book website can give you a breakdown of the pump.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 6:31am
The factory power steering has the reservoir mounted to the hood. Not sure what heat houser you have that would make it difficult to add oil. If it is a factory set up. I have found  lots of  places that leak on these. Even the unit mounted to the frame can leak, the oil follows the frame rail to the front of the tractor. 
http://lonsallischalmers.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic