This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WC weight loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WI-Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WC weight loss
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 7:05pm
I have a wc that has pulled in 3500. With a light driver and 350lb on the nose. I'm trying to loose some more. To put it in 3000 lb class. I'd like to know about the # of the pto box.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:12pm
PTO box itself isn't 50 pounds.  With the output shaft and hanger bearing they might be 60 to 70 lbs total..
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:30pm
My WD45 (narrow front), with 16.9 x 28 tires, weighs about 3300. I have removed the PTO shaft, hydraulic cylinders, rock shaft and platform. I still have the fenders, PTO gearbox and hydraulic pump on. It seems like a WC should be quite a bit lighter.
Robacpuller View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robacpuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 7:35pm
Use aluminum weight brackets, and aluminium centers for rear wheels. Strip off what ever don't go up and down or turn. Make a light weight wide front and get rid of heavy cast spindle.
Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 8:18pm
Wheels n tars are the next step , What do your rules  allow ?
Larry(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:44am
my WD weighs 2680 bare. It has a farmall cub front end, aluminum frame rails, no hand clutch ot pump in it.  12.4/36 field and roads.
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:14pm
What year is the rear end housing?, they vary a lot, about 270 lbs. from the lightest to the heaviest I've weighed, getting a WC into 2750 isn't even a challenge with the right parts, front bolsters vary in a weight quite a bit also, I have a late 1938 that weighs 2,600 without any weights or a driver, the only modification is light weight  fenders, I also have a 1936 with aluminum frame rails, torque tube, brake covers, fenders, weight brackets, wheelie bars, lightened cast centers in the rear, and it weighs in only 50 pounds less at 2,550.
WI-Fields View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WI-Fields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 10:04pm
The rear end is a late 38. One that the number is a styled 38.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 5:06pm
The lightest rear end housing I have found is the one on my styled 38, it's only about 60 pounds heavier than the RC rearends I've weighed, and the 60 pounds is probably due to the lighter differential and bull gears.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic