This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

War Time B on steel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Day Farm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: War Time B on steel
    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 12:30pm
I have been collecting parts over the years to one day have a correct B on full steel, I do have some questions thou and would love to have the correct answers for the years. 
- A 1943 or 46' war time B, did these years have a low flow rad, or a pressurized rad with a thermostat? 
I also have the correct starter delete plug, and i know the battery box did not come on the tractor equipped with steel, but the tool box panel, was it a full covered panel slopping back with the hand crank clip, (like a 38' or 39') or was it a standard tool box panel with a bolt in extension to fill in the missing battery box location? 
Was the hood slightly different because there was no factory lights?
Rear cast center hubs, I have seen the heavier 4 notch hubs used on steel, and I have seen period correct Allis parts book show a B on steel with the standard lighter 2 notch rear hub....what is correct?  

Would anyone have pictures of a correct factory original B on steel?
Orange Day Farm
Clint Worron
30' United, 37' WC, 38' B, 41' C&80 Series cultivators, IB, 51' CA, 42' WF, 49' WD,53' WD&cultivators, 57' WD45&33 Picker, D12, D15HC, 180, All Crop 60, 444 baler, etc...
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic