This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: AC 2300 Disc axle, stub shafts and hubs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: AC 2300 Disc axle, stub shafts and hubs
    Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:22pm
Thought I would tackle one last simple project....or not.  Wanted to asses the wheel bearings on the tandem wheeled 2300 disc I bought in spring and found one spindle wobbling in the axle tube wearing both the spindle and tube.  Unrelated to the wobble, on the same axle someone blew up a bearing as parts were still buried in the hub grease, and cobbled some new inner seal which I fear wore the ID of the hub so the right seal will no longer fit.  The inner seal on the rest of the bearings are all cracked so ground has been getting in and scoring up the seal surface on the shaft.  Oh and a couple lug bolts half stripped when removing them.  Called the dealer and the axle assembly/shaft, spindle and hubs are discontinued.

So I am looking for: a whole good used tandem axle assembly/shaft (solid steel rectangle shaft with welded hollow tube on the end) (70571863),  an old style hub (70555359) and four really good spindles (70575648).

I will say I might have found a spindle replacement at my local structural steel fab shop that also does trailers and has a "farm shop".  The spindle is close but the end threads are large diameter (should still work), the butt end of the spindle is longer but can be cut and there is no inner seal surface/step but I suppose that could be cut on a lathe.

Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 5:57pm
Them numbers didn't come up on my end. When I did my plow hub an spindle I went to a farm store an bought a combo and welded it in. With your disk you won't have to weld anyway
Pete from IL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete from IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:37pm
Shoup mfg. in Kankakee IL. lists dozens of spindles and hubs with specs given for each one . I am sure they would have something for you.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2018 at 9:48pm
I think that's a pretty common hub in machinery world.Any machine shop could make the spindle but I bet you can buy it aftermarket.
Michael (WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 8:59am
Just thought I would give you folks an update, I searched through Shoups' website and found two likely contenders.  I sent them detailed measurements of mine and they pulled their two off the shelf and compared.  In the end #289520 was the closest match, I just need to cut some off the butt end of the spindle and drill a mounting hole.  Great service on their part.

I should add my disc has the #70555359 style hubs.

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 3:29pm
If you turn the hub over & view the back side of it, an ID Letter/number should be in Braille. It may look similar to Q709, Q777, or the likes.

Your hub being a 6 bolt & having the front side pronounced rim lip, I'd guess it may be Q709 with inner bearing cone LM48648, outer cone LM67048, & seal 15190. Stock spindle bar 1 3/4", seal seat 1 1/2", inner bearing dia 1 3/8", outer bearing dia 1 1/4"

Edited by AC7060IL - 17 Dec 2018 at 3:36pm
Michael (WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:42am
I can't say about any braille numbers as the hubs are all at the machine shop now, but you must be thinking of a different hub.  I have different bearing numbers (matching the parts book) and mostly different dimensions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic