Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wanchor of the year...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wanchor of the year...
    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 6:51pm

Powerful: Loggers Carved 'How Dare You' Into The Forest While Cutting Down Trees For Time Magazine's Person Of The Year Issue
December 11th, 2019

Two words came to mind when we heard about this powerful story. Can you guess what they are?

If you guessed "stunning" and "brave," you're exactly right.

Swedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg has been named Time Magazine's Person of the Year, in an epic clap back against climate change deniers, who are dumb.

But this created a problem since a lot of people pointed out that the magazine has to cut down trees to praise Thunberg.

Don't worry, though: loggers tasked with cutting down trees for the issue carved the Amazon rainforest into a beautiful message. They carved swathes of forest down into Greta Thunberg's face and the words "How Dare You." The epic answer to Thunberg's critics is visible from space.

Unfortunately, they cut down way more trees than needed for Time's waning readership. But it was worth it to send this powerful message to the patriarchy, white supremacists, Donald Trump, and capitalists. Oh, yeah, and to communicate the climate change thing.Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 11 Dec 2019 at 6:52pm
Source: Babylon Bee
Sponsored Links

LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2019 at 7:00pm
"Unfortunately, they cut down way more trees than needed for Time's waning readership. But it was worth it to send this powerful message to the patriarchy, white supremacists, Donald Trump, and capitalists. Oh, yeah, and to communicate the climate change thing."

No problem, the excess lumber can be repurposed into a sailboat for the young lady to ply the seven seas with!

Edited by LouSWPA - 12 Dec 2019 at 7:21am
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:18am

Nation Surprised To Learn Time Magazine Still In Print
December 11th, 2019
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 10:52am
the do nothing good power of youth... what a waste that one is.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:00am
She's not worth the carbon credits she exhales.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 8:01pm

Poll Finds Most People Would Rather Be Annihilated By Giant Tidal Wave Than Continue To Be Lectured By Climate Change Activists
December 12th, 2019

U.S.—A new study found that most people would rather be annihilated by a giant tidal wave caused by climate change than continue to be lectured by climate change activists.

Study participants were given the option of having the earth flooded by massive tidal waves or listening to virtue-signaling, smarmy lectures by environmentalists for the next decade. Over 87% of respondents selected, "Bring on the tidal wave." A few people said they'd rather take the lectures, but after hearing a few minutes of the lectures, quickly changed their minds. Several respondents rushed straight to the ocean, arms outstretched, and asked the sea to take us all.

"Come, sweet death," one man scrawled on the survey response form after hearing just 30 seconds of a Greta Thunberg lecture. "O, sweet release that ends my suffering on this mortal plane! Embrace me in your salty arms, great wave of destiny."

"Honestly, between Greta and the climate change, I'll take the climate change," said one man in Minnesota. "Heck, it's Minnesota, don't ya know. We could use a little warming. But even if it turns out to be catastrophic -- I'll take the tidal wave."

Fires, floods, earthquakes, volcanoes, and bees also polled higher than the activists.Wink

AND:

Home > World > 'You Have Stolen My Dreams And My Childhood,' Says Girl Currently Gracing ...
World
'You Have Stolen My Dreams And My Childhood,' Says Girl Currently Gracing Cover Of Time Magazine
December 12th, 2019

WORLD—According to sources, a girl who has a pretty awesome childhood, gaining fame and accolades and even being featured on the cover of Time Magazine lectured the nation for stealing her dreams and her childhood.

"You have stolen my dreams and my childhood," said the girl who had a pretty good childhood, sailing around the world, getting fame, fortune, and praise and also being entirely immune from criticism because she's both a brave activist and also just a child. "How dare you."

Despite her scathing lecture laying out all the ways in which adults have destroyed her childhood, she's a sought-after speaker over whom most of the world fawns, garnering breathless media praise and attention for telling others how to live their lives. The girl is currently living out her exact dreams and having "one of the most awesome childhoods of all time," so it's unclear how her childhood was stolen from her.

But we'll stop now because we're coming dangerously close to attacking a child.

Meanwhile, kids in poverty around the world are trying to appreciate the blessings they do have.Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 12 Dec 2019 at 8:08pm
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 9:48am

God bless her accusing, vindictive heart.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 10:11am
And these are some of the kids today. Well, you can thank the Libs for kids like her. She should be out riding bikes with her friends and having fun like a normal child.....Spare me.
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'IB, 49'G, 50'WF, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 1:07pm
And getting her dam butt spanked too.

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 7:15pm
Superman Criticized As Unrealistic For Portraying A Journalist As Heroic
December 13th, 2019

U.S.—Comic book character Superman has increasingly come under fire lately, many seeing the character as extremely outdated -- especially the bizarre depiction of his being a journalist who is heroic.

“He just makes very little sense,” explained reporter Phillip Byers. “For instance, Superman has super speed. Now I know what I’d use that for -- to quickly search through people’s old tweets for material to use to destroy them. But Superman uses it to rescue people from burning buildings. It’s crazy.”

People have also criticized how Superman flies around listening with his super-hearing -- not to find people criticizing journalism so he can dox them as one would expect, but instead to find people in trouble and save them. “Truth. Justice. The American way. That’s against everything journalism stands for,” said writer Debbie Ventura. “The character is pure libel or slander -- I forget which.”

Superman writers have vowed to do a more realistic portrayal of Superman as a journalist in future issues of the comic book, such as a storyline where he strikes out against his arch-nemesis, businessman Lex Luthor, with a hit piece all based on anonymous sources, and then Superman will join the Legion of Doom, a climate change-focused organization headed by Greta Thunberg.Wink

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 7:20pm
Greta Sails To Hong Kong To Lecture Protesters On Their Carbon Footprint
December 13th, 2019

HONG KONG—Many have criticized climate activist Greta Thunberg for lecturing Western countries on their inaction on climate change when most of the pollution comes from developing countries like China and India. Well, Greta has finally gone to Hong Kong to address what she believes to be a major source of carbon emissions: the Hong Kong protesters.

"How dare you burn things as part of these protests when our planet is in crisis!" she said in her scathing rebuke of the pro-democracy protesters. "Every time you throw a gasoline bomb at the totalitarian police officers, you rob a little more of my childhood from me."

Beijing thanked Thunberg for her "important work" in identifying the real root of the problem: democracy. "Thunberg is an example of true Person of the Year material, using her platform to call out the villains who would disrupt our safe, efficient, government," Beijing wrote in a statement.

Time Magazine quickly gave the Hong Kong protesters "Villain of the Year" awards for not using green protest methods.

Thunberg also condemned the protesters' use of tear gas when there are carbon-neutral options like throwing rocks or using pointy sticks.Wink

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 8:44pm
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 10:25pm
I have nothing but compassion for her. She has mental issues, genuine mental issues. And the two people who she should be counting on to look after her, help her, protect her.....are using her, abusing her! I'd like to give her two parents a little 'climate change'!
I cant' express my discus for her parents!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 12:20am
She and her parents and the vast idiot followers need global warming on their a$$e$ with the old shaving straps or the wooden paddling paddles till they can't sit down for days... and that is to straighten their dam brains out to hopefully think sanely.
Animal Cracker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Animal Cracker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 4:31am
These and all the people surrounding this kid are  Waxed. Just recently and it's been going on for decades. The president of Brazil  said if rich countries don't help them/pay them the destruction of the rain forest would continue. That in it self should be scary .After decades of destruction for there own benefit and corporate enrichment they want other countries to give them money to save it   Yea right know they want us to help pour money to them for there own purpose.

Whats killing me is in school we were taught that the Amazon was the mother of the earth so why in the hell aren't these people there or have not been there for decades while the destruction were taking place.  In combination with any and all fires in the world is the the cause of most of the Co2 emissions. So why are they not in Brazil    Theirs no MONEY in it.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 7:54pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:35am
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:49pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic