This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wally World walk away

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wally World walk away
    Posted: 23 May 2023 at 5:18am
Local Wally Worlds here got so bad we stopped going.  We are shopping local Supermarkets and finding the prices as good with better quality.  Was at one time convenient to buy Destructive or easily Damaging Working Apparel however seems the Dickie Line is being discontinued or restricted on volume here so order from another local store as they offer the 'Better Line' from Dickie.  For hard work and longevity clothing still buy Carhart, those thru that same retailer where pricing again is as good or better.

Is really nice to buy Lettuce that keeps for days not hours and cheese or meat that smells and tastes better than Best Buy.  Do not know where the Milk comes from for Best Buy but the local dairy supplier for MO is Prairie Farms and has better taste/consistency.  Actually received 'Oniony' milk when wife bought last at Walmarts.

Walmarts as so many call the place has next to nobody for questions, are all working to fill call in or electronic orders these days and not ever more than two cashiers just the self service checkout lanes being expanded.  Local shops actually have reasonable employees and service with HUMAN check outs.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 6:26am
Been more than a year since been to one. Even longer since been in one as we did drive up. Don't miss the place
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:37am
Another one for the no chit file.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:09am
Will not buy groceries from Wally World. I try to not shop there at all if I can avoid it. Their quality in clothing has gone to crap as well as their customer service.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:12am
 We usually buy our groceries at Aldis, seems they have the freshest produce around here

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 12:54pm
As Forwarded:
Walmart vs. The Morons (NOT A JOKE)... Facts Are Facts
Be sure to read to the end…. True, every last word
1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.
9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
10. Wal-Mart has approx. 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the groundwork for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the U.S. economy.
This should be read and understood by all Americans. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, EVERYONE!!
To all 435 voting members of congress and the 100 members of the US Senate. The majority of you are corrupt morons! Consider your record and reflect on your performance:
a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 248 years to get it right and it is broke. Stamps last cost .60 cents and they went up on January 22, 2023 to .63 cents
b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 88 years to get it right and it is broke.
c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 85 years to get it right and it is broke.
d. The War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 59 years to get it right; it never went anywhere and you stole from our Social Security Fund. $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and you want more!
e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 58 years to get it right and they are broke.
f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 53 years to get it right and it is broke.
g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 46 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.
h. Currently, gasoline is at a record all time high and inflation is the highest it's been in 40 years!
You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.
We have a President that had 36 years of experience as a U.S. Senator and 8 years as Vice President. A President that promised to "Build Back Better," our current President is the epitome of a corrupt career politician! We elected an immoral, unethical freeloader that never had a plan except to live on the public dole, a scoundrel who bends the way the political winds blow who can't even finish a sentence without losing his train of thought. Not that he ever had an original thought!
AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN ANYTHING??
Folks, keep this circulating. Maybe it will end up in the emails of some of our 'duly elected' (they never read anything) but maybe their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel. If you don't think we
need to drain the swamp then you just don't plain think!
AND please try to understand what's wrong.
We have lost our minds to corrupt career politicians and "Political Correctness"! Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with the people that run this country! We are begging Venezuela for oil. We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????
In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey.
We are funding the world on climate change! And now NATO, Afghanistan, the Ukraine and Pakistan...previous home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!! Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid as our southern borders are overrun by illegals
AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill without treatment - etc., etc. We can't take proper care of our citizens however Illegals get free everything!!! They are put up into hotels, fed meals, health care, and cash. Imagine if the *Federal GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to illegals and other countries.
Sad isn't it?
99% of you people won't have the guts to forward this...
The difference between genius and stupid is that genius has its limits….. Albert Einstein
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 2:18pm
The difference between genius and stupid is that genius has its limits….. Albert Einstein

To all 435 voting members of congress and the 100 members of the US Senate. The majority of you are corrupt morons! Consider your record and reflect on your performance: Clap Thumbs Up

YEP.... my 12 year old Grandson could make better decisions than these morons... I agree.. HIRE WAL MART to run the Country... THEY GOT IT RIGHT !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 2:21pm
I think it was Hurricana Katrina... Was watching on the TV.... People without water to drink.... News said the National Guard would be there tomorrow at 7 am... "In the mean time, go to Wal Mart to get supplies".... No power, no AC, but Wal Mart was open for business in the DARK !
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 12:48am
we had a local grocery store here, the owner would inspect the hanging meat (he did all the cutting himself) as it came off the truck. there was alot of the halves that he rejected. those halves were taken to Walmart. this grocer was forced out because wally world under cut him on pricing and gave away food to alot of the public. butchering is a dying art, not everyone knows the correct way to dice up an animal. we go to several smaller stores to get our meat, higher priced? yep...but it's also better cuts. we did buy some meat at wally world once, that won't happen again! I'm not saying that all wally worlds are the same, some might be good stores with good butchers, they just aren't here. 
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 3:25am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

we had a local grocery store here, the owner would inspect the hanging meat (he did all the cutting himself) as it came off the truck. there was alot of the halves that he rejected. those halves were taken to Walmart. 

Sorry to disagree Shameless, because I really respect you, but I think this is BS.

One of the biggest complaints about Walmart is that they buy very little locally (which is true). Walmart's meat (which my wife avoids buying because of the quality or, rather lack of quality) comes in from their distribution centers, which I assume probably distribute more meat daily than any "local grocery store" sell in their lifetime. 
I am betting that Walmart has contracts with some of the biggest slaughterhouse companies. There is most almost certainly no place in their supply chain for the supplier of the local guy's meat for Walmart to take his rejects.
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 5:44am
Originally posted by tadams(OH) tadams(OH) wrote:

We usually buy our groceries at Aldis, seems they have the freshest produce around here

X2  Quality  of everything and prices are better or the same as any other store,  been shopping there for years!
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:19am
We like Aldi's too; better prices usually and you don't have to walk 40 miles to get to everything, although Aldi's doesn't have everything in the grocery line. Use Kroger as well and some of their prices are lower than Walmart. So far Aldi's has live checker-outers and should train those at Walmart. They really fly through your groceries. Sometimes I can't keep loading the belt as fast as they take it off. I don't mind taking my own bags.
     Saw a sign at the Rite-Aid drive through yesterday while picking up a prescription that they charge for sacks as of May 1. Suppose that is another trend. 
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:08pm
We have Local no-big name grocers, they tend to carry Best Buy type foods and are as good as the Name Brands, have been using a Schnucks in Washington MO, Smaller more often renewed inventories, all manner of Special Sales pricing bargains, and last THREE times bought similarly to what we had been buying Wally World(as Wife just KNEW was Cheaper) and spent $100 LESS.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:17pm
re: charging for sacks...
yeah , here it's been 5 or 10 cents a plastic bag for decades and now ILLEGAL to offer plastic bags.(and cutlery and straws....).. 'bad for environment' BS.... Meanwhile 'they' chuck bumpers and inner panels of car into.... wait for it... the landfill !!
You could probably make 10,000 straws from one front fender.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:26pm
No BIG stores around our rural area except Wal Mart... Couple other small local grocery stores... Their prices are 20% higher and half the selection of Wal Mart. .... Nice thing about Wal Mart is they have the Grocery, but you also get Pharmacy, Auto Center, Hardware and clothing all in one visit..  Gas is money.. Time is money..
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 4:33pm
All the Wally worlds here are 40 minutes away, local stores end up cheaper over all.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:08pm
YEP... all depends on where you live.. Aldi , Kroger, would take me an hour to get there... then an hour back..

Got 5 Wal Marts from 10 to 60 minutes from us.

Edited by steve(ill) - 24 May 2023 at 10:09pm
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 10:20pm
Haven’t ben to one in fifteen years
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 11:07pm
Anyone who thinks Wally World knows what they are doing should take a job in the back where they unload the trucks --- it is a real learning experience.

After seeing what I have seen and witnessed first hand, I have not been in a Wally World since and will not unless in a dire situation.

I have never seen such destructive behavior; throw and kick and sling across the room merchandise that people will pay for and take home with them; it is no wonder that the lines at the return counters are nearly as long as the checkout lines.

I most definitely will not eat anything that comes out of a Wally World store.

Yes, I will agree that they know how to separate people from their hard-earned cash; but,if you think that they should be running the country, you need to take a job there and see how things really are before making such a decision.

Edited by BuckSkin - 27 May 2023 at 11:09pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 10:59am
Went to dinner at White Mule Rosebud MO, wife Sis in Law and myself, every Sunday Fried Chicken(PAN Fried) or Shredded Roast beef on Mashed Taters.  The two ganged up, requested I take them to Wally World(were having withdrawals) so arguing aside took them to Owensville WM.  Sad, wife was in shock as a SMALL Amount of Stuff they HAD TO HAVE was over $250.  She just kept reading the receipt.  Told her was FINAL time I will ever go there even with her.  Everything she bought was same to really close in price to LOCAL Stores, we checked, too stupid for reality.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic