This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video B engine by request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video B engine by request
    Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 4:25am
This is a rerun of my  B engine # R 6661 G. I was asked for an explanition and deminstration of the starter I used, from some guys from Michigan. I hope this helps. Richard

or here

Edited by R Aiken - 15 Nov 2010 at 4:28am
Sponsored Links

BILLP-SE-MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BILLP-SE-MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 6:24pm
Thanks for posting those Rich, always fun to watch.
Have a good one BILLP
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2010 at 9:35pm
Richard, I was looking at a post the other night about RC engines. They were saying that all RC engines had engine numbers starting with R, and were different from the BE/CE engines in the Bs and Cs. If that's true, wouldn't the engine you have be an RC engine? Just wondering. You definitely have more experience in this than I do.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
Larry in OK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry in OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 3:19am
I'd be curious about the RXXXXG engines too. My CA has that sequence of numbers on the engine in it.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for much of anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 6:48am
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 9:22pm

I really love to hear the B-C-CA engine run.  Does that bring back memories.  You bet it does.

Thanks for a great show and listen.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 10:51am
That's a pretty slick starting setup. Your next challenge is to create one that uses a tractor PTO for those cantankerous engines...
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
R Aiken View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R Aiken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Brian Jasper co. Ia Brian Jasper co. Ia wrote:

That's a pretty slick starting setup. Your next challenge is to create one that uses a tractor PTO for those cantankerous engines...
I already have one.  I took a B combine engine gearbox and mounted it on a 3pt and pto. I usea it to start my Case 830 D through the pto. I made it about 20 years ago.
Richard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic