This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Victory motorcycle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Victory motorcycle
    Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm
Anybody own one? In thinking about picking 1 up at the factory next time I get to Lake Okaboji. They may not sell from the factory, will check next summer.
Sponsored Links

trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:13pm
not a harley. or indian. though made in usa.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:18pm
Was initially sponsored or made by Polaris from what I understand.
Nice looking bikes, not real keen on engine upgrades from what I was told but that's been a few years.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 5:32pm
They don’t make them anymore. Indian took their place. The first Victories the V92 had serious transmission problems. They would lock up the rear tire. They never found a fix. Their answer was buy a new bike. The newer ones seem to be pretty decent. I have a cousin that puts about 20000 miles a year on one.
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm
My BIL used to have one-bought it used.  Speedometer did not work.  Had been replaced under warranty, so would not warranty it again.  $600 if memory serves to replace it, never did that as did not trust it to be any better!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 9:26pm
I thought they were made by Polaris too. There is a dealer about 40 miles from me. I've looked at them many times, nice looking bikes. They are a few guys at work that has one. I've seen them in the parking lot, but I have no idea what years they are. I never heard them say anything negative about them.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:25am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 5:45am
They were made and owned by Polaris and so is Indian.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 11:31pm
are Indians still being made?
KJCHRIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJCHRIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 11:46pm
Yes, the Indian line is still going, Victory is gone, and Polaris is down to water craft and snow mobiles.
AC 200, CAH, AC185D bareback, AC 180D bareback, D17 III, WF. D17 Blackbar grill, NF. D15 SFW. Case 1175 CAH, Bobcat 543B,
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 4:26am
ATV and off road too.
I bought a Polaris PWC in 01.
1200cc 3cyl 135hp 2 stroke.
67 mph is all I could get out of it.
They had a 100hp upper engine and exhaust upgrade for 3K.

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 4:47am

FIXER,,,,,,W,,,H,,,A,,,T,,,are you doing going 67 MPH in a ,,,PWC,,,,Sheeeesh,,,Guy,,,,,that,,,,thas   kinda like ole joe going 68 mph in my Mule,,,,,LOLLOL
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 5:01am
Good times Joe
Only got thrown off of it 30 or 40 times.
Go fast enough you just skip, water up your nose kinda thing.
Plenty sore but never got hurt.
Still have it.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 5:11am
They still make ATV’s
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 5:27am

Yeah,,Thad,,,I see lots of them "Razors" all over the place and on trailers comin-goin up to the mountains,,,, My #3 Son says them Razors run pretty good but cannot stay up with his Can-Am,,,,,,LOL
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:50am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Yeah,,Thad,,,I see lots of them "Razors" all over the place and on trailers comin-goin up to the mountains,,,, My #3 Son says them Razors run pretty good but cannot stay up with his Can-Am,,,,,,LOL

Joe I see a lot of them here too. They and the four wheelers don’t have very good reputations. I believe they run and ride good but break down often here in the rough country.
My dad has a Polaris 4 wheeler that rides like a new Cadillac.. he’s easy on stuff and I’m sure it will hold up fine. I’d have it tore up first day.🤣
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 7:19am

Yeah,,Thad,,,I think I posted here before on the excellent ride quality of my Son's Can-Am in the rough country,,and he ain't shy bout gettin where most people will not even try to go,,,,,Clap He tells me Can-Am uses some really exotic (which equates to expensive) Wink
 shocks/struts for their ride quality. On the times I'd been drinkin enough to get in thet thing with him,,,,,,,,I was amazed at the "No Bouncing" around when we was "off Road" at those ridiculous speeds he like to travel inClapClap
 I still gots two Polaris Trail Boss 350's that I had fixed up for the older grand sons and them sobs would bounce you around pretty good if much faster than a crawl,,,,,,Only'ist thing I did NOT like bout them is they tend to run ragged at the higher elevations (8400 ft) because of being two stroke,,,,
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 10:24pm
They are made in Okaboji Iowa. Thought about stopping at the factory next spring and seeing if they would sell me 1.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 12:26am
SOME people need to see either a doctor or a psychiatrist........you decide....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic