This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

valve stems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: valve stems
    Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 6:50am
I'm in the process of swapping around some rear tires and tubes. I thought I was done but I have one with a bad valve stem, the part that screws onto the tube. Do they sell these seperate or do I need to buy a new tube? I really don't want to wrestle that tire off again.
Sponsored Links

allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 7:15am

They sell them at tire store that has tractor tires. You will have to know if its the older style or the later. Take the old one in with you.
TSC will probably have them to.

John Carlson
John (C-IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John (C-IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2010 at 8:07am
My NAPA store has them.
Ed in TX View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:06pm
Well my Napa store doesn't have them. Neither do TSC, my local Firestone dealer, the green dealer or the MF dealer. I heard a bunch of "I remember those" when I showed it to them though. Do any of our advertisers here carry them? I need a few other things so I can put together and order. These people have them but nothing else I need.

HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:39pm
Ed any tire dealership that deals in rear farm tires will have them.  The box stores will not have them.  Take the old 1 with you.
Ed in TX View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed in TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 11:21am
I'm up to 4 tractor dealers and 2 tire dealers that sell Ag tires. I gave up and ordered a handful online from a tire supply. &1.40 each and $9 shipping.
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 11:30am
Nobody uses fluid anymore so the tire people don't know what a water valve is.
bg/silex View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bg/silex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 11:38am
The reason nobody has them is cause there is an old stlye one and the style they have now,  you must have some pretty old inner tubes,  almost all new rear tubes have the wet valve stem but it is smaller than the old style.
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 11:41am

There are two styles. The last time I needed one TSC didn't have any. In the past I had bought several from them. Rural King had one type but not the type I needed. The Firestone/ Goodyear, they have both signs now, were out of the style I needed but had them on order. I went to another tire shop where I have bought tires and they had two good used ones in an old tool box that they gave me. The last time I looked at Rural King they had both styles on the pegs.

Not a big mover anywhere.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 12:10pm
Last time I needed one I went to the local john deere and talked to the shop manager he got a couple good ones from the by the tire machine and gave them to me. they didn't have any new old style.  My local john deere dealer has helped me out with lots of small pieces. to closesd AGCO is 50 miles away so I call before driving that far.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic