This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbrella?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Umbrella?
    Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 10:57am
I couldn't get any search results here, so...

I'm thinking of getting an umbrella for my D-17 and am asking for advice, styles, sources and/or experiences... for parades, tractor rides and field work.
Sponsored Links

tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 1:01pm
Like the buggy tops - 5 bow - the umbrellas always blew over unless braced by tie straps on the corners.   If you want to customize it - there are lots of on line embrodery custom made items for sale.
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 3:58pm
Good to know.  It's always pretty windy out here.  The buggy types look stronger, for sure.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 4:24pm
I’m with Tim I make 12 inch high pipes welded onto a 4 x 4“ base bolted to the fender and mount the five bow on top of this pipe. I’m a tall man and if I want I can stand up and relieve my back and still have it above my noggin
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
Skip, W.Pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Skip, W.Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 6:46pm
Type in Snowco tractor buggy tops. I have several of these on tractors and love them. They hold up well and replacement cloth is available for about $50.00. Unfortunatly they  don't offer orange anymore. but they do have white for the orange tractors. Tractor Supply handles Snowco but as all Tractor Supply's are now , all of their prices have gone completly out of controll. Heritage Farm Power has buggy tops in orange with two different Allis logo's and orange. You do have to order the fender mounting brackets seperate from them and the Top with frame only is $85.00 if you want to build your own brackets. I would buy the correct brackets. My Snowco frames are at least 15 years old, I repainted them rattle can gold and they look as good as new.

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 8:34am
I do basically the same as you (parades and shows).I went the other way. Since I trailer my tractors to many parades and shows, I wanted a removeable umbrella style. I made a bracket that i can tighten one set screw to hold it.

I only use on days when the sun is hot or when it looks like rain. I remove to trailer and I store it hung so rodents or insects don't start calling it home. 

Mine is 4 years old and looks like new. 
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 10:05am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

I do basically the same as you (parades and shows).I went the other way. Since I trailer my tractors to many parades and shows, I wanted a removeable umbrella style. I made a bracket that i can tighten one set screw to hold it.

I only use on days when the sun is hot or when it looks like rain. I remove to trailer and I store it hung so rodents or insects don't start calling it home. 

Mine is 4 years old and looks like new. 

Can you share the source for your umbrella style?
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 7:27pm
My wife bought it for me for my birthday a few years ago. She got it from JC's Farm and Garden Supply (copied and pasted from their Facebook page).
    212 S. Main St., Bourbon, IN, United States, Indiana
    (219) 299-4708
    jcsfarmandgardensupply@gmail.com
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2024 at 8:40pm
Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic