This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSX 464 Carb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyocrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSX 464 Carb
    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:04pm
I'm in dire need of help. My carb on the wd45 is puking fuel out of the air cleaner intake after I stop cranking it over. I can't get it to start. I did put a rebuild kit in the carb and it doesn't start leaking fuel till I try to start it and a bunch comes out once I stop cranking. Any advice Is greatly appreciated. I have horses that want fed once I can get it running.
Sponsored Links

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:38pm
Let's put your horses first this time :) Turn off the gas by the sediment bowl. Pull out all the spark plugs, use your propane torch to dry off the plugs. If you have an air hose handy blow air into each cylinder for a few seconds, if no air hose, crank the engine over for 15 seconds or so BEFORE you put the plugs back in. Once you have the plugs back in proceed to start the tractor like normal WITHOUT turning on the gas. The tractor should start and as soon as it does turn on the gas and go straight to feed the horses :). Let's hope the float/needle hang up is temporary, if not, you may need to open up the carb and carefully check the needle/float function. If the tractor starts as suggested above but runs rough as if it's getting too much gas, take a hammer and tap gently on the side of the carb, this may correct the 'hang-up'. Please let us know when your horses are fed and happy LOL
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 1:08pm
I should add this to my words from last night that I have had very much the same scenario with my WD at times and it wasn't necessarily that the needle was stuck open BUT that good sparks were compromised to the point where the tractor didn't start fast enough and then the gas started dripping out by the intake. Of course, once the plugs are wet and the cylinders are overloaded with fuel everything needs to dry out before it will start. If your problem continues you should check and make sure you have good quality sparks. Please let us know your progress.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic