This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Truckers out on strike ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truckers out on strike ?
    Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 10:13am
A guy just called in on the local radio asking about a nation wide trucker strike. Anybody know anything??? Yes there are a Wink handful of us out here that don't drink the Cool Aid. LOL When nobody has promoted it so your not talking about it Confused? I have not heard about it from you my friends in the "Great Fly Over Country" must no be much of a protest.

Wink  O'l Shameless could cause more trouble by himself and his favorite toy.LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Ray54 - 30 Nov 2020 at 10:16am
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 3:55pm
Ray the problem is they are not organized Nationally.  Lots of independents, lots working for someone else... All need a PAY CHECK and most can not afford to walk out.  It will be a scattered thing at best.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 6:51pm
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/trucker-group-plans-to-shut-em-down-wednesday-in-nationwide-protest
Seen this when I typed national truckers strike / says Wednesday 
 another link says it's a political post over election - 
Nov 9, 2020 — nationwide trucker strike may be coming. pic.twitter.com/oaIIhRe2RR. — Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) November 9, 2020 ...
Nov 10, 2020 — A grassroots truckers' group is calling for a national trucker shutdown on ... A trucker strike nationwide would show him and America the power ...

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 7:51pm
what? black trucks matter?
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 3:46am
I think that the money is so small in the biz that the owners are so broke they can't afford a strike . I was a OO in the seventies and eighties and could see the handwriting on the wall. It's a sorry business to be in, but I wish I could still do it.        Leon
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 10:18am
Feel same way here Leon.  Owned my own in 79-81, dereg took my business apart.  Not much money currently in it, all too many varied nationalities that do not GAF as to who calls for what.  Too many small time companies will not see a strike as drivers cannot afford loss of income.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:50pm
Those articles are nearly a month old!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 9:44am
A friend says mostly refer haulers going in to defunded cities. He did tell me he’s sitting in Bentonville AR at the Walmart warehouse and not another truck in sight this morning.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

A friend says mostly refer haulers going in to defunded cities. He did tell me he’s sitting in Bentonville AR at the Walmart warehouse and not another truck in sight this morning.

And it is going to get even more dangerous to go into these cities.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

And it is going to get even more dangerous to go into these cities.

Yes it is. My buddy said he’s been hauling to Atlanta a lot. Said police presence is very minimal.
He’s considering a career change.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:15pm
How bad it is in some areas - several owners of dump trucks that were leased to city for work - were told to go home and city would call when needed - seems their work crews had covid case and they shut down jobs for 14 days - now these truckers still need work but can't commit to other work as if called back and do not show up - they are put at end of list or dropped completely from call list . 
 Son has had 2 trucks on with broker (quad axle dump trucks) but can't find drivers as his wife was driving one but now with schools on home school only classes online - they have 3 kids sharing computer classes at home .
 Trucking has went from a good living to your lucky to make payments let alone make a living unless your rig is paid for and you find a dedicated haul.   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 8:36pm
Coke, the last 5 years of my 46 years was a dedicated run to texas and back and my equipment was all paid for and yes sir you are correct those two things made it possible for me to make it to retirement. After 46 years of it and when covid hit i pulled the plug and sold out. It took me about 6 minutes to get over missing it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic