This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wimpy Winter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steigerbro24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wimpy Winter
    Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:26pm
I don't know about anyone else but up here in Wisconsin, it has been way too warm. Very little snow and temperatures way above normal. If it is like this tomorrow I may start my tractor tomorrow and try out the rebuilt generator. Anyone else bringing their old iron out early. 
5 Steigers, 7 John Deeres, 8 Internationals, 4 Case tractors and combines and 1 Oliver
........... Oh wait they're all 1/64.......and a real '44 B
Sponsored Links

Gary in da UP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary in da UP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:35pm
I have lived in the UP for well over 20 years, Usually we have 3' of snow on the ground this time of year, right now maybe a foot of snow where I live. A lot of  local  small business depends on it, tough sledding this year, hurts the bars, resturants, motels . I 500 snowmobile race this weekend in the Soo. Hard to build a good track , might not run the whole 500 miles.
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:57pm
I know somebody that went up for the I 500 Gary. Suprised I am not seeing more sleds around here for sale! LOL I think ice fishing is over too!
Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
baverwolf View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baverwolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:03pm
Been warm up here in Montana also. We've had about 6 inches of snow and thats it. Yesterday I used my D14 and blade to work on my road.
wheatbreeder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheatbreeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:07pm
March could make up for the warm weather that we have had 
Farm stuff 8050,6690,175,F2,5050,WD
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:09pm
       You guys do realize that what you have said will probably come back to haunt you. Winter has missed us here also (so far). I have a funny feeling something "BIG" is going to happen. Its only february 1st. We have only had a few "cold" days all winter, 2 during one deer hunt, and, 2 days last week. Plus, we have had only 1" of snow this entire season. La Nina is holding steady. Next year we will probably be crying at this time.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:13pm
Yeah guys winter aint over till it's over; but yeah I plan on flushing the D19 cooling system tomorrow.
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:15pm
I'm starting to wonder if this summer is going to be HOT and DRY! You are all right this is not normal!!!
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Josh Day View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Dipstick In Dipstick In wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if this summer is going to be HOT and DRY!
I hope it's not going to be!

Edited by Josh Day - 01 Feb 2012 at 8:36pm
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Josh Day Josh Day wrote:

Originally posted by Dipstick In Dipstick In wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if this summer is going to be HOT and DRY!
I hope it's not going to be!
I hope it will be hot and dry out here.....I have the water to irrigate, just need lots of hot weather to get things to mature. The last two years have been too cold!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 9:38pm
So far winter this year has not been much in the way of cold or snow, the early snow disappeared and the ground stayed brown until after Christmas. one snow since and that has just about all melted away. Going to be a lack of ground moisture if this keeps up this spring but a lot can change shortly.
 remember a few years back with real cold and no snow and lot of septic systems freezing up from lack of cover, pump systems as well as shallow pipes from house where people had high efficiency furnaces where the condensate would just trickle down the pipe and freeze.   
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:35pm
We've had over 5' pf snow here just  east to the mountains.  Started in Oct through Dec.  Only 3" in January, supposed to get up to 10" tomorrow.  Could have been out chiseling today if I hadn't had other things to do.  The mountains are only at about 60 - 70% of normal.  Hope March is normal with lots of snow up there.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
TexasTrevor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasTrevor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 11:03pm
We've only had a couple of cold days here in northeast Texas. It's been in the 70s for the past week.
This aint no rag it's a flag, and it stands for the USA
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 9:12am
Been mid-high 50's low 40's all Winter here in New Joisey and I'm lovin' it!! One snow of about 6" but it disappeared in a couple days due to the ground still being warm. Had the 716H with plow out in that and had a little fun, but that was it. The older I git' the more of a "wee-wee" I've been with the cold. Hands ache and won't work in the bitter cold anymore. Heck when I was 25-30 years of age, the cold never bothered me much. Was nothin' to lay under a truck in the snow and bench press a big ole' Delco starter motor in a Cummin's or Cat. Those days are loooong gone! Now I whine bout' it. LOL! It can stay like this till May. That snow storm we had at Halloween put a hurtin' on us, but we got through it. Leaves were still on the tree's yet when Mother Nature came in with 14" of wet heavy snow and took everything down. I posted a couple pics of that mess a month or so ago...
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 9:21am
Gettin  real close  to mowing  the  yard  here.  Tony
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 9:23am

I'm not sayin nothin'.  Just a sure way to jinx myself and end up with 2" of ice or something...

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2012 at 9:32am
Dad back in 67' or 68' plowed in March and it was a dust storm. Old neighbor told him it looked like it might be the 30's drought all over again. But when it started raining that spring, Dad said it just wouldn't stop. Rained all summer he said.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 8:28am
LOL at Lonn, it rained a lot where I was too that year, SE Asia.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Austin(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Austin(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:39am
I am enjoying it. :) I like not having to walk to class in blustery weather.
"Better By Design"
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

We've had over 5' pf snow here just  east to the mountains.  Started in Oct through Dec.  Only 3" in January, supposed to get up to 10" tomorrow.  Could have been out chiseling today if I hadn't had other things to do.  The mountains are only at about 60 - 70% of normal.  Hope March is normal with lots of snow up there.
I went back to colo for a week in march 2003! guess which week! was in the 80's sunday, thunderstorms/tornados monday, blizzard next 2 days. 36" of snow! Alot can change in a short time. welcome to colorado weather!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 12:16pm
last 3 days here, been in high 60's and dry....but today is starting to rain (WooHoo) and tonight sposed to start getting snow....they're saying maybe 10-14 inches!! PFFFT!
79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 1:00pm
Been doing lots of outside work last couple weeks. Looking like its about to run out though till spring.
Clay T. Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay T. Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:21pm
Oh ya eh it has been way to warm here in Indiana. Last year we had so many days below zero I just could not believe how warm it has been. I hate the heat or warmth and I LOVE the cold.
Clay T. Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay T. Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

last 3 days here, been in high 60's and dry....but today is starting to rain (WooHoo) and tonight sposed to start getting snow....they're saying maybe 10-14 inches!! PFFFT!
Lucky!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 3:56pm
Be careful what you wish for! It ain't over yet baby!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 5:37pm
I live in SE MI and except for a couple slaps, winter is over here.  The skunks are out and about, a sure sign spring is here!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
RickUP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickUP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 7:04pm
I have to go to Sault ste. marie tomorrow and move some of my daughters furniture home from college. Gary, thanks for the heads up on the I-500. Now I will know why all the traffic. We only have about 4" of snow left on the ground. None in the forcast.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2012 at 11:59pm
Well the weather guessers were wrong, we got over a foot of snow, 7 miles west in Boulder they got 18", 14 miles west at Jamestown they got 40".  It was warm, 34 at 10 am, so it did melt a little but most of it slid off my roof in front of the front door so there was a 4' pile in front of the door.  Plowed out my neighbors, got a bunch of fresh eggs, good trade!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic