This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WD45 gas antifreeze in the crank case...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WD45 gas antifreeze in the crank case...
    Posted: 7 hours 55 minutes ago at 6:30pm
I have a WD45 that heated due to water pump failure (there was a low pitch whistle sound  before the tractor was shut down).  I replaced the water pump and also the head gasket.  Tractor was running fine but now I see antifreeze on the dip stick.  I checked the compression and all four cylinders (cylinder 1- 150psi, cylinder 2- 149psi, cylinder 3-148psi, cylinder 4-147psi.).  My next thought is one of the cylinder sleeve o-rings failed.  If I pull the oil pan, will there be a tell tale sign which o-ring might have failed?  Aside from a cracked block, can I replace all o-rings or will I need to re-sleeve and replace the o-rings together on the engine?  
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 51 minutes ago at 7:34pm
you can pull the pan and fill the radiator, then look to see if the antifreeze comes around the liners or down the oil drain holes..... You could do one cylinder... but would be a better long term solution to do it all once.

maybe i miss read the post.. You asked if you need to do LINERS when you do the o-rings.. NO... you can replace o-rings with the original liners ... just clean the block so they slide in easy... probably will be full of old mud and sludge.

Edited by steve(ill) - 6 hours 49 minutes ago at 7:36pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
twinson View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 15 minutes ago at 8:10pm
Thanks.  I didn't know if just the o-rings were available on their own.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic