This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Hold CAM Plate Orientation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Hold CAM Plate Orientation
    Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 2:56pm
The hold valve plate (and bearing) was rusted fast to the control lever plate.  I finally managed to separate them without doing damage with one exception.  The press fit hold plate separated from the CAM (cleanly, it might be pressed back on and wedged back in place).  I attempted to mark the orientation of the plate detent relative to the CAM lobe depression, but since I was attempting to rotate the two parts to loosen them up, I'm unsure if that was the correct position or not.  The plunger that the CAM depresses is in the front (90 degree) position looking from the right side into the hole.  If I align the plate in that orientation, that would mean that in the detent position, the plunger is NOT depressed.  I think that means "hold", but could be reverse logic.  Additionally, if detent hole is perfectly aligned in the center of the CAM lobe depression, since the detent ball is at about 135 degrees, the plunger would be in a "partial" depressed state (not exactly in the center of the lobe depression).  Anyone know the correct orientation of the CAM detent relative to the CAM lobe depression?  Thanks
1952 CA13092
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 3:33pm
Gary... here is the reference drawing from yesterday.. Hopefully someone knows where the detent sets... Sorry, but i dont have a CA to look at.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 4:08pm
Thanks, yup I have that in the manual but can't see the cam itself clearly enough
1952 CA13092
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 4:21pm
your talking about welding the SHAFT #35 to the PLATE #33.. seems like if it is OFF a little bit, then you rotate #35 plate to "match up" and work correctly... Dont have to be perfect, but yea, you dont want to be off 45 degrees...

Can you hold the SHAFT about the position that it needs to be, then hold plate #33 "about" where it needs to be.... and that will show your "about" where the plate #34 needs to set ? .... If someone had a good photo or directions that would be great... without that, im thinking a little MOCKUP TEST could get the job done.

by rereading your post.......... i think that is what your trying to do.... wish i could be more help !

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 Sep 2024 at 10:27pm
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 4:46pm
Yes, number 35. The problem is entirely within #35. With that orientation correct, the orientation with other parts is determined.

Edited by dfwallis - 16 Sep 2024 at 5:42pm
1952 CA13092
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 6:29pm
This image includes a side view of the CAM:

It appears that the low spot in the CAM is pretty much directly opposite the lock screw position.  I'm not quite certain though that I can fully view the proper perspective in the image.

It really is a pain in the rear having 0 bars cell service.  I have to walk a half mile down the road where the signal bounces off a large hill if I stand in about a 20 foot circle facing the hill :(
1952 CA13092
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 6:35pm
1952 CA13092
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 7:03pm
After further review, aligning/matching per the CA and WD images seems to agree with my initial marking give or take a few degrees.  Is there any reason for the CA and WD alignment to be different (the perspectives are still a little difficult to be 100% certain).

Edited by dfwallis - 16 Sep 2024 at 7:05pm
1952 CA13092
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 8:45pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 8:53pm
Gary... i hope im not confusing you more, but i blew up the photos and they do look similar... like you said, the angles are deceiving and i could be wrong... it is  deceiving bacause the WD photo is taken from the back side..

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 Sep 2024 at 9:03pm
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 9:37pm
1952 CA13092
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2024 at 10:29pm
if you press the shaft into the plate and tack weld it... what is the WORST case that can happen ???  the lift lever on plate 33 is pointed off a little ???  maybe thats a big deal, maybe not ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 16 Sep 2024 at 10:29pm
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2024 at 2:13am
It presses onto a copper ring. I think a few hits with a punch and some locktite will be enough
1952 CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic