This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7060 Hydraulic oil leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 426 power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7060 Hydraulic oil leak
    Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 2:07pm
Got a hydraulic oil leak out of the filter housing where the filter sensor goes in and according to agco parts there is a oring behind it, my question is if I popped this out is 17 gallons of oil going to come out with it? Was wondering if I could replace it without having to drain the oil, recently had a unscheduled oil changed due to a broken valve in the filter housing during a routine filter change and of course I now just noticed this leak after I’ve already filled the system again.
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 3:13pm
You'll lose about 2 gallons tops.
AC 426 power View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 426 power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by DrAllis DrAllis wrote:

You'll lose about 2 gallons tops.
That’s manageable, thanks Dr.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 6:57pm
Ya might try the vacume cleaner trick, hook up a shop vac to the filler. My brother says this works..

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 21 Jan 2024 at 6:58pm
AC 426 power View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC 426 power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

Ya might try the vacume cleaner trick, hook up a shop vac to the filler. My brother says this works..
might give that try, thanks.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

Yep, that works.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 10:35am

???????????????   This works?  Where you guys yrs ago!Wink
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 11:06am
Sometimes pictures arent your friend - looks pretty rough- clean everthing up - bet it work out
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 1:34pm
Vaccum might work even "better" if that side run up on a big block?  Does that little "sender" ever fail? My PD 8070 has that filter light on and off randomly even after new filter (AGCO) changes. Often wondered if removing and cleaning it would help. It is a grounding thing so what if it had fine metal buildup/deposits over time? Have checked wiring to the best of my ability to see that insulation isn't worn through causing ground.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2024 at 4:00pm
Never had an issue sitting flat on the floor. Stick the vac hose over the fill tubes. Just make sure your over the correct one. Did that replacing drain plug washers. Learned that trick when at CEI and needed a fast way to fix oil leaks without having to locate a barrel to drain 40 gallon reservoir.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic