This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Oil Filter Bracket Torque Specs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Oil Filter Bracket Torque Specs
    Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 11:28am
I coulnt find a spec for the bracket to block bolts (3 different manuals).  I used 15ft-lbs, but that seems to have squished the cork gasket so much it cut and squished it out of alignment (new gasket ordered).  I'll have to check the bracket for warping before I reinstall it (was not warped before, doesn't visually look warped now).  Recommendation?
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 12:18pm
I have never measure the "torque", but i would guess your 15 # was high.. Looking at the gasket as you tighten will tell you when to stop... I have used the cork before and i have also cut out fiber gasket to use... normally wipe a thin layer of RTV to seal it to the block. .... the cork probably gets less torque and more compression as compared to a fiber gasket.

you would be further ahead with a "torque" value of something like " snug to contact, then 1/2 turn of the wrench"...... if the gasket starts to squirt out the side or  compress more than about 30% of its thickness, your going to far.

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Jan 2024 at 3:39pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 1:14pm
little 's' snug NOT capital 'T' tight....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 1:52pm
That's not a real torque #...it's more of a "feel" and observe....I agree with small s snug. Tight enough it doesn't loosen and still seals. It has no pressure so a sealer is helpful.
15# don't sound like much but feels LARGE when tightening small soft things.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 07 Jan 2024 at 1:55pm
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:31pm
I've had better luck with just the ole "snug". I do what Steve suggested. I use a super thin layer (applied with my finger) of high heat Orange RTV on the block side, and just snug down the bolts till the gasket starts to move. Done!
Steve@B&B
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
dfwallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

I've had better luck with just the ole "snug". I do what Steve suggested. I use a super thin layer (applied with my finger) of high heat Orange RTV on the block side, and just snug down the bolts till the gasket starts to move. Done!
Steve@B&B

I did use RTV.  It's probably sealed, but since the gasket is cut strangely, I'm going to redo it anyway.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 5:09pm
1/4 of an ugga dugga, at most!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic