This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8070 hydraulic filters change

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shivvets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8070 hydraulic filters change
    Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:16pm
Have an 8070 with jerky steering. Oil level is good so figuring on changing the hydraulic filters. Looking from the rear there a are cartridge filters on both sides. Would both need changed? What is all part of the filters, Looking at pictures there are springs or other parts on the tops of each filter. This is new to me, so I am making sure I don't screw it up. And why couldn't they be screw on filters like our 180 and 185 have?
Sponsored Links

tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2023 at 8:33pm
First thing I would do is polish the flow divider valve. I applaud the changing of filters - one on each side under the  rear axle - you will not lose hardly any oll as the trap doors will close when the filters are pulled - make SURE you pull the plugs or screens/valves OUT of the old filters and place them in the new ones just like the came out. The power shift is behind the right rear axle in a canister and if power director - a spin on under the front frame rail.  
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Northern Hoser View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northern Hoser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 3:07pm
My thread from earlier I posted a pic of the bypass valve, which was missing when I changed mine. As tbran says you wanna save it and swap it over

https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/8030-lh-hydraulic-filter-screen-valve_topic194315.html

Matt
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2023 at 7:38pm
The filters cannot be "like" a 180/185. Get yourself an Owners manual, which shows pictures and explains what is what. Use only AGCO filters and nothing else.
SilverShoes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverShoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 12:30pm
They are really pretty simple to change. Make sure you get the Orings seals for an 8000 series and not the 7000 series. My dealers always says they are the same and they are not. 8000 series have a thicker Oring
bigal121892 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigal121892 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2023 at 7:20pm
A little bit of grease, will help to hold the o-rings in place, while you put the covers back on.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic