This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 200

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 200
    Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:22pm
I got my tractor all timed correctly because now it don't blow rich and it sounds amazing now. But after a little bit of running it oil started to blow out of the exhaust could. So we checked the return line nothing was clogging it and now I'm wondering if my turbocharger could be junk.
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:25pm
Yeah check that lol,,
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 3:32pm
I surely wouldn't panic just yet !! Don't know the story behind all of this, but if it has been "out-of-time" and you've been operating it, one could expect some slobbering out the exhaust until it burns it all away.  If it wasn't doing this BEFORE the last time it ran right, I'd imagine it's just fine !!! Drive it down the road at full throttle for a couple miles and back and see  if it is doesn't clear up.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 7:55pm
Is it still running ok when the oil is blowing? Are you closed in oil smoke?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Braylen Bruns View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 7:08pm
Ok I will try this out first and maybe see what it does. Thanks
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 7:09pm
It runs fine when oil is coming blowing but it kinda of has a drag when you pit the throttle down.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:39pm
If the only place you see any oil (you say oil) spewing from the tractor is the exhaust pipe, it may be a failed turbo. BUT, if you see anything  seeping where the exhaust manifold bolts to the cylinder head ( three places) it probably is NOT the turbo. Exactly what is the injection pump timed at ?? How many degrees BTDC  ??  And "kind of has a drag when you put the throttle down" is a real good description of nothing. If you cannot adequately describe all that you've done to this tractor from the beginning, and what was wrong with it to begin with, you'll probably not receive much help.

Edited by DrAllis - 28 Aug 2023 at 8:47pm
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 8:46pm
If it is over fueled and out of time it could put oil (fuel) out the exhaust.                MACK
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:17pm
Ok I will just start from the beginning. Are injector pump went out on our tractor it sat for maybe a year then we ended up getting it moved into the shop and getting it changed once we got it all back together we Got it started thinking the timing and everything was right realized it was not because of how poor it was running and rich smoke it was blowing. We went into more depth and found out there was a serial number break in this tractor so we originally had it set at 24 degrees ATDC and then changed it to 18 degrees ATDC. When we got this all put back together my dad and I ran it down the road and back at full throttle and motor oil started to blow from the muffler. I checked in all different spots no leaks anywhere else. Checked the return line for the motor oil to see if that was plugged and it was not. The tractor did sound like it was supposed too but Dad was worried about the motor oil and the drag when u full throttled it. Hopefully I cleared up any more questions.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:23pm
Sorry for the unclear explanations first project I'm doing without my Dad right next to me at all times.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 10:33pm
TIMING IS TO BE AT 18 degrees BTDC, not ATDC !!!  you are 36 degrees off if what you say is true.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 5:24am
Crap ok thanks you for the help.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 6:40am
Be sure not to roll the first umbrella shaft seal when you reassemble things, or you'll get to do it again.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braylen Bruns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:36am
Ok I'll probably finish it this weekend and I'll let you know how it runs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic