This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

half tracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: half tracks
    Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:41pm
I went to an auction yesterday and bought a set of arps half tracks off of a WD45 allis . just wonder if anybody has a manual on them or pictures of a set mounted.
Sponsored Links

GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:46pm
This tractor was at Dale's OPOP in 2009

Edited by GBACBFan - 17 Oct 2010 at 7:49pm
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:46pm
I think I have a picture of Larry Millers set up at our show several years ago. The problem is it's on my old PC and I haven't copied the files to this puter yet. Maybe LArry will jump in if he has a couple pictures.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:50pm
A couple of close ups

Edited by GBACBFan - 17 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
Larry Miller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 7:56pm
I have a set but no better pictures than shown above. Have not had them on for a while. 
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Dnoym N. S. Can. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dnoym N. S. Can. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:03pm
may not be the same as your`s
the manual can be found at
http://www.ntractorclub.com/forums/manuals/messages/5340.html

HTH
B:-)   Dnoym

1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:09pm
gee thanks for the pics. I've got to get them off the pallet & set out so I can get a better look at them. It seems like I've a couple brackets that I don't see on the pics. you guys are awesome. if it wasn't dark out I"d go out and set them out now. thanks.
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2010 at 8:34pm
Hey bruce, I've got a set on my WD45 also if you need a closeup of something.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 8:11pm
I might have it figured out today. got them off the pallet & there aren't any extra parts. not for sure where it mounts, but I think I can figure it out , but if i can't I'll have you send me some pics from the rear, lonnie. can get a better view & determine left from right.& where it bolts on.
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 9:16pm
The outside of the bracket bolts to holes beside the inside bearing cap of the final drive and the inside of the bracket bolts on with the back hole of the snap coupler and the front hole of drawbar, you may have to put longer bolts in for those. If you want pics just let me know.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2010 at 10:30pm
Since it seems like the one thing I do best on the computer is to show everyone how little I know...

What advantage do the tracks have when mounted on the tractor?

Better grip in snow and ice?
Better traction in mud?
Less soil compaction?

MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 6:11am
Clovis, the tracks give you a bigger foot print so less pounds per square inch on the ground which means you don't sink in the soft spots.
ScooterBuck View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScooterBuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by clovis clovis wrote:

Better grip in snow and ice?
Better traction in mud?
Less soil compaction?

I'd say all of the above. It may not turn as well?
clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2010 at 9:29pm
Thanks!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic