This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lastest Aquzition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lastest Aquzition
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:13pm
Here is the one that was on CL down in Louisville. Not bad for the money but its stuck real bad. Been soaking for over a week and I doubt it will come loose. I bore scoped it and plenty of rust in there. Surprising thing is motor is clean almost gunk free. Found a spray can straw in the #3 cylinder. Somebody else was trying to free er also.

Sponsored Links

ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 1:37am
Dump Kroil down her throat! She'll loosen up!
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:26am
Head gasket and pan gaskets are cheap .Take the head off and remove oil pan ,pick up tube screen for oil pump will probley need cleaned also.ETC!!  
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:00am

Did you get the implements along with the CA? Looks like the tractor's all there - bet it will loosen up and make a nice setup. On my C, we removed the engine from the tractor, pulled the head and pan, and left it where we walked by it several times a day. Each time we gave the cylinders a squirt and leaned on a wrench on the crank.......after a couple of days it started to move, and we soon had it free. Oh yeah - it helps if you talk to it, too. LOL

Edited by Dave(inMA) - 18 May 2010 at 6:00am
WC, CA, D14, WD45
MilesGray (CO/KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MilesGray (CO/KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:16am
50/50 ATF/Acetone.. Works every time!
Miles Gray (CO/KS)

5 1938 B's, 1940 B, 1944 WF C, 1948 NF C, Gleaner A, White Top Rotobaler, 1957 IH Golden Jubilee... I'm either a collector, or crazy!
ChuckLuedtkeSEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckLuedtkeSEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:24am

I agree with everyone else.  Use the ATF/acetone mix or use Kroil.  I would pop the head and clean out what you can and then let it sit and work it. I did this on a WD once and was suprised at how fast it started to work down.  I think within a week I had the mixture draining past the rings on all the cylinders and then it only took another couple days of playing to get it free.  Good luck. 

Dantforth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 6:27am
      In testing done on these products the ATF/Acetone 50:50 mix outpreformed Kroil and it is MUCH cheaper....
wkpoor View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkpoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 8:14am
Almost 2wks with Kroil and then I filled er with Kerosene....no luck yet. I'm not in a hurry as I've got other projects ahead of this one. Maybe in a month or so it will give up or if not I'll dehead it. Actually the tractor came with the implements. I went for the cultivators and took the tractor too. I want to get er running to see what the back end is like before I decide er fate.
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:42pm
Take the engine out, turn it upside down and soak it from the bottom.  That will help loosen as well.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 5:01pm
Nice find, The CA is a lot of power in a little tractor. They will make a 8N ford head for the house. lol
I got a WD at a sale one time that was setup, I put the hand crank in the engine then put a pipe wrench on the hand crank then put a 6' long pipe over the pipe wrench then hung a 75# weight on the end of the pipe filled the Cly's with "panther piss" and let it set, In two weeks came in the shop to find pipe wrench, 6' pipe, and 75# weight all laying in the floor, I pulled up on the hand crank and the engine turned over.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

mooboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:02pm
Don,

What is "panther piss"?
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:19pm
That's what I call a 50/50 mix of ATF/acetone It works and like said above costs about half of the name brand stuff.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 8:19pm
er, that would be Kroil or PB Blaster or kero or whatever favorite concoction he uses to free up rusted stuff.......
WC, CA, D14, WD45
LionelinKY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LionelinKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:18pm
Very nice looking CA. Hope you get her freed up. Darn shame whoever put that new looking muffler on her didn't spring a few extra bucks for the rain cap on top. Maybe would have never set up.
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2010 at 4:01pm
Love them CA's. Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic