This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mid 70's AC White Mower Deck Paint Match

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mid 70's AC White Mower Deck Paint Match
    Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 10:18pm
Does anyone have a recommendation for a match for the white paint on a mid-70's mower deck?
I recently bought a 716H (early series, with the side cowl lights) and mower, to restore to be the mate to the one my grandpa once had. His had a white mower deck; the one I purchased has an orange deck. I've purchased mower line brochures from the 70's, and it appears the mowers may have been painted a much whiter "white" then the cream or off-white color of the full-sized equipment. I've been satisfied with using an "IH white" to paint the wheel rims of my 70's vintage full-sized equipment, but my inclination is that the IH white may not be match to the mower deck I'm dealing with.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links

DaveBsACs View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveBsACs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2016 at 8:23pm
I use Ford Wimbeldon white. It is not a bright white. If you look close at your brochures, look at the white on the hood decals. They look real bright compared to the rims and decks. I think if you just stay a little offwhite from a stark white you will be close.
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 8:37am
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 7:17pm
HI Little Wolfie, I just got done with a Big Ten last year I had the paint mixed at auto paint shop in
Nason cream#   OEM. #921545 cream
649574 E
car: General Motors
color: Beige
code: 8440  Year 1974
Nason Yellow#   OEM. # 92298 #2 Old Yellow
car:Chrysler
code: SY4   Year:1979
Color:Brt. Yellow
Check out Simple trACtors.com Good sit lot of info.
or wellsimplement.com
michealessimplaicity.com info. on A-C garden tractors
decals from tractordecal.com had all decal for tractor none for the engine he said there were in the kit
Hope this helps
Rod in MN Smile

P.S. he has 5 more for me to restore
Rod in MN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote Rod in MN Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2012 at 7:24pm
Little Wolfie. The paint shop took a scanof the old paint and came up with the same #'s as OEM #'s listed on wellsimplement.com

Rod
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic