This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tn speed shop sleeves ,sleeve tool and instalation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2013 at 1:19pm
also on another note, is this motor hardblocked or anything like that? can you still use it in the field and have it live in the field working all day or is this a pull only motor?
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 11:59pm
thee hardblock engine will likely not run more that 15 mins with no cooling. I suspect less.Not meant to "use",just pull.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:17am
Even a Shipman motor running 15 minutes between cooling is 5x longer than any pankey moter ever lasted total time ran.

You been quiet spankey since I asked to see pics of pistons taken out through the bottom. Cat got your tounge, caught in another lie? Don't lie again saying it's togather and running unless you can say where it will be running.

Edited by Rod B - 18 Jun 2013 at 12:18am
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:15am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

I have always been one if i saw it done could repeat it. 

Guess you've NEVER seen anyone win a tractor pull?Wink
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
SF 49ers Fan View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:25am
Is this going to be a new Miniseries?
I just can't come up with a title for it.
Everything I have tried keeps coming up Censored
XXXOOO'sHeart
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:37am
Originally posted by CTuckerNWIL CTuckerNWIL wrote:

Guess you've NEVER seen anyone win a tractor pull?Wink

Daggone it Charlie why did ya have to go and post that? So I'd have to violate my self imposed ban on heckling Plnko on here??  

So you know I hadda wipe coffee and spit off my puter screen,, AGAIN. Big smile

Oh and as for taking them pistons out the bottom I am purdy certain Plnky can easily do it on his builds. Photos speak louder than words,,,

THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 8:48am
Oh Lord that was funny. Thx Charlie! I laughed out loud! Butch, you have shown us the TN piston removal method. Saves work by keeping the head bolted on, and removing the guts with kept neatly in the oil pan!
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:09am
Leave it to Butch, that was supposed to be a top secret piston removal trick from Tennesee, how did you sneak a camera in there when we were supposed to be learning from the Master??? BTW, I'll be at RoadAmerica this weekend, look me up Pank, I'll be at the top of the hill between the concession stand and Pit Lane, truck will say Derhaag Motorsports on the side. You accused me of never letting you know where I was racing unless it was at Homestead, so this gives you another chance to educate me and show me your stuff at work in NASCAR.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:34am
Hey Ken! long time no speaky. 

Jr. Ernhardt must have had some of them bottom removal pistons last week a MI eh? I heard he launched one out the bottom kinda violently?
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 9:59am
I think his volumetric oil coagulator failed in tension thus causing a rapid evacuation of the engine block.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:12am
I came up with a title for this Miniseries.

The Pulling It Show Thumbs Up

XXXOOO'sHeart

See you later, I have to check on my picnic in the smoker.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SF 49ers Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:43am
Funny thing.
I'm going to be pulling it tonight also.
Pulled pork for supper.
XXXOOO'sHeart
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:37am
LMAO.

I was hopeing pank would keep up with Rod's questions.  Giveing up is safer than keeping up, both in pulling and the type of "pulling" happening here.

But before you ask spankey, pankey, pinkey, plankey or whatever you're going by this week, while Ken is raceing, I'll be pulling.  That's right, I'm publicaly inviting you to come to Tomah Wi.  for a NTPA Grand National event.  It's free to get into the pits just in case you're still saveing your money for cam cores.  Being I own a tractor and am competeing at such an event (weather permitting) I get several passes to get through the gate and I'm offering one of them to you.  You'll save $160 for the weekend.  But it gets even better, I'd give you a "hot pass" meaning a pass to get into the stageing area and on the track. 

I figure you can rub elbows with others there and tell everyone on the track and in the stageing area how counterweighted cranks are no good, and an engine will last longer without one, billet rods are junk and how you can draw air through a carbuerator and past an intake valve faster than the speed of sound.  Should be a great time, carefull though some of those guys might take you serious and piss down your throat.

My seed company even gave me some free tickets, lots of passes to the hospitality tent, reserved seating....you can drink all the free beer you want and wander around the stands looking for other internet builders. 

Unless of course Ken has a better offer for you, I'm sure you'll find other spectators with similar intrests and no experience at either event.  You and the others will have a lot in common, you "let on a lot more than you know".
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
blue924.9 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue924.9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:51am
ohhhhh pankey's gettin called out, will he look and accept or will he look and try to scheme something up

Edited by blue924.9 - 18 Jun 2013 at 11:52am
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 11:54am
I've got a question for Butch, Ken, Charlie, or anyone who wishes to chime in.  What is a "speed shop" in your area?  Here it's a shop where parts are built, some are bought, some are built from nothing but an idea.  Someone machines and massages them togather to have success getting down or around a track further or much faster.

This question is not for mlpankey though, he's already answered it with his definition of a "speed shop", being nothing more than a garage where you take pictures of engines built by others, taken apart and posted on the internet, his pulling results I've seen here and heard from others limet him to the 4mph class which isn't verry "fast" in my book, nor would I consider placeing so far behind the leaders being verry competitive....at lest not for a "speed shop" owner.

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:00pm
Marty, the only SPEED around my shop is when the irritable bowel kicks in and I GOTTA go LOL Hope that don't leave a lasting visualization for too many. Big smile
The uptown speed shop I've heard of deals in Methamphetamine.Shocked
Ihateillinoisnazis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:48pm
Ken, good luck in Elkhart Lake this weekend. I'll be in town all weekend except Saturday. I'll buy the beer if you want to meet at Rosie's on hwy 23 for one. It's a classy little joint away from the yuppie folks in Elkhart. I hear the hauler parade is Thursday night, y'all part of that?   Otherwise I'll be down in Tomah on Saturday.    Also there is a big rig show in tomah with the tractor pull, good times to be had.

Butch, nice work sparking this one up again! Too much fun here.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:49pm
I didn't figure I needed to offer credentials to Pank, I'm sure he has the NASCAR/GrandAM, and SCCA season deal already. I would buy him a weenie and a Coke though and invite a few guys over to listen to the lesson of the day. A speed shop around here is a pretty hush hush deal, not much to indicate what's going on inside, or who might be doing it, but if you know where to look there is a lot of stuff being built, chassis, engines, and complete cars, names like Pratt-Miller, Roush, RSR, usually there is a public address, walk right in, you will see the run of the mill performance stuff, and the fans go ohhhh and ahhhhh, then there is a another building or buildings where there is no sign and if you need to ask if it's ok to come in, it isn't. This is where you see the experiments, and rule interpretation take place and the real brains at work making things go fast.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:06pm
blocks are hard blocked only cooling the head . I am surprised ken didn't mention pankl. All performance parts either drag racing tractor pulling or nascar come from either tn or nc  . even wi camshafts come from denver nc. 

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Jun 2013 at 4:38pm
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:42pm
Cast forged parts come from Panky.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Glockhead SWMI Glockhead SWMI wrote:

Cast forged parts come from Panky.

Fast forged unubtanium comes from spunk. Not even NASA has that shart.
Ken(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:59pm
There sure are a lot of people other places doing a whole lot of work for nothing then Pank, if ALL race parts come from NC or TN. I wonder where my stuff ends up, and why these clowns keep paying me to come out and test new ideas. Kinda sounds like the old thing that all racers are good ole boys from the south. But then maybe Jack Roush, Roger Penske, Winston Lane, Connie Kalitta, Dick LaHaigh, Gordon Johncock, AJ Foyt etc. etc. were never real racers. WOW Pank, keep us enlightened, I need the entertainment.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:55pm
where is nascar garages  ,mike jones, located where is holley, comp cams barry grant  bullet cams harold brookshire  the late joe mondellos shop  big daddy wj ,john kaase  jack coronett , racing started in the south pretty much dominated by the south a blind hog finds a acorn every now and again explains when a yankee gets in. 

Edited by mlpankey - 18 Jun 2013 at 6:56pm
brbrooks83 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brbrooks83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:50pm
Pankey has a point
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 7:51pm
SNL coneheads did too but it was on top of their head Approve
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 10:23pm
Well Punk with all the winning and success in motorsports coming out of the south, you sure are a black eye to the record.  
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 5:52am
Andy are we counting trophies? On your book shelf or my office.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihateillinoisnazis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 6:13am
Originally posted by mlpankey mlpankey wrote:

Andy are we counting trophies? On your book shelf or my office.

If trophies are bent rods, buckets of junk found in the bottom of the oil pan, and oh the best was that "externally balanced pulley" cob job of yours, then yes you sir are the biggest winner in the land.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:22am
Pankey cams don't work so pankey gets cams from Larry. Like complete engines.

You should feel blessed that Ken and Marty will even acknowledge your existance. They are building vehicles for the highest levels of motorsport competition in the world. Pank's proven that he can't even make it to the local level by buying his engines. Building them was even worse.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:37am
Plinky might make 2nd shift floor sweeper apprentice in the shops of the people that bring work to Ken but I wouldn't bet anything I valued on it.  After all It takes some amount of brains to push a broom and not knock valuable things about?? By the way Plinko ole buddy a lot of that work has to travel NORTH to get to Ken's shop. As Ken said no sign out front, No Looky at me and how smart I am B.S. Just people walking in the door and walking out,,,,, with parts we watch go round and round on TV Sunday afternoons.

I do wish somebody would give him another engine block to take pictures of those same two are getting boring.  Shippman and Tarbil ought to donate one each for all the free press he has given themWink

Edited by Butch(OH) - 19 Jun 2013 at 8:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic