This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips to make AMBAC M100 reinstall easier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourthgeneration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips to make AMBAC M100 reinstall easier
    Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:43pm
I’m getting ready to pull the M100 off our 8070. I have the manual in front of me. Should I set the timing marks before removing the pump? Anyone have the dimensions of the friction plug for holding the pump camshaft?
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 3:52pm
Set the crank pulley on 19 degrees BTDC and pull off the pump. Tell your repairman that you don't know if it is on #1 or #6. He will set it to where you took it off at, and he will have the pump locked with that special plug. You remove that plug when you get the repaired pump back on and gear mounted. Use plenty of WD40 on those injection line nuts at the pump head. May need a little torch heat to get nuts to move without twisting the lines. Be careful !!

Edited by DrAllis - 17 Mar 2020 at 3:54pm
fourthgeneration View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourthgeneration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:05pm
Thank you Dr. going to finish cleaning the area around the pump after dinner. Then start taking stuff off. Should I pop the valve cover and make sure it on number one?
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourthgeneration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 4:07pm
She has 3100 hours and the hat that the lines hooked to started leaking.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 5:49pm
If you're really concerned about being on #1, just take the triangle cover off the side, and see that the mark is in the window. It will NOT line up with the pointer, just be visible.It is an assembly mark, not installation mark. When those come in my shop, I verify #1 or #6 as my first step to teardown. If the customer is only doing the pump, I'll put it back how I received it. If they are rebuilding the engine, it gets locked on #1. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2020 at 9:32pm
Before you put pump on, use whiteout on pump timing hub where gear goes. Makes it much easier to set final timing.        MACK
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 9:33pm
we have had customers send off pumps and not specify it is off an AC - and the rebuilder put in wrong parts due to rotation - also it is nice to know the pump is a one to one rotation to engine so it is  not apt to get put on one eighty degrees out as in the  RM pumps. 
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourthgeneration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 1:31pm
The flexible hose that runs from the pump to the back of the fuel filter housing. Is it acceptable to replace that using hydraulic hose? How much pressure is on it?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 2:17pm
Why did Allis switch to Ambac and not stay with Roosamaster/ Standyne ? 
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Why did Allis switch to Ambac and not stay with Roosamaster/ Standyne ? 

EPA in short
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2020 at 5:34pm
No  Must Use Fuel Hose From Agco Or It Will Not Run Right
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic