This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thought I had it fixed... Guess not

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
the steering wheel shaft to battery box edge distance looks about the same on Daves and your tractor........ sure looks like the tank is mounted TOO LOW.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

jkoby View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkoby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:41pm

I tried to duplicate Brad's measurements. Plus a pic of the saddle/support measurement. If you have trouble reading the measurements, both sides are pretty much 17 1/4. The rear was 17 3/4 off the torque tube.
corbinstein View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corbinstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 6:56am
Is your tractor power steering?   One more measurement may be the shaft itself from the frame.....  P.S. unit may be clocked to make the shaft higher.

also, is the Tank too far back? that would definately cause an issue.

Edited by corbinstein - 20 Oct 2017 at 6:58am
jkoby View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkoby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:35am
BradH's tractor does not have power steering. Mine does. I was trying to replicate his measurements to the tank to see if it helps him figure out what part is not right.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 10:06am
Could that be a shift tower off a late WD? If so are the holes to hold the upright in a different place? Is the tower off a WD a different height than a 45?
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 12:46pm
Would a WC fuel tank be different?
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
BradH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 4:15pm
I wondered the same thing about the fuel tank being from a different model and causing a problem.  I've never been around a WC or anything else to know if the tank is any different.  Thanks for the pictures and measurments, that gives me something to shoot for now.  Can anybody tell me what size bolts hold on the saddle?  That way I can buy some washers before I go out to the farm rather than have to go, take a bolt out, and come back to town to buy them.  Anybody got any ideas on why the tank would be too far back?  Like I said before, I couldn't really tell that the bracket had ever been messed with. 
Thanks again,
Brad
Warning! Blind man with a tractor! Head for the hills!
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:01pm
WC tank is the same size as WD/WD45 just has fuel outlet on right side where WD has it on left.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic