This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thinking about buying a 616

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bringman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thinking about buying a 616
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 9:01am
Don't know if this is a good deal and I don't know if I can run a mower off the back.  Any advice would help.   Comes with a harrow, cultivator, and breaking plow.  Thanks David
Here is a link to the ad http://savannah.craigslist.org/grd/4852148646.html
Sponsored Links

Steve Kauffman View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Kauffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 3:29pm
Be careful it looks like it has a different motor in it . That's what I gave for mine and it was totally restored.. But the equipment is worth something.
Steve
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 7:19pm
Bringman- check it out.  

Yes, may have a different motor, and looks like the sheet metal has been altered some to accomodate. See how well the changeover was done. The original Onan 16 hp. may have failed, and the unit was repowered with a Kohler, Briggs, or Honda.  (total Onan overhauls are very expensive). If done correctly, this is a perfectly usable fix.  (if you are not a stickler for original only). I had to pay 2800.00 for my 620 with a belly mower, blade and moldboard plow, so if the tractor is in good shape, the price may be in the ballpark, depending on what these units bring in your area.

There are  mowers for the 3 point on the back of these tractors as long as there is a pto.  Original mowers seem to be quite expensive.  If no pto, you can pull a newer rear mower with one of those that are powered by an engine mounted on the mower.

Edited by macvette - 19 Jan 2015 at 7:23pm
AcFordHawk View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcFordHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:44pm
After getting the pics to zoom in a little it appears to be an Onan based on the oil fill tube and intake manifold showing in the left side pic, spark plug placement and oil filter location but with an alternator addition modification which resulted in the cutouts in the hood.

Comparison photo

IB (restoring), MF GC1705, MF 2705E
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic