This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They say I been workin too dang hard,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They say I been workin too dang hard,,,,,
    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:23am

AND,,,you can believe that little statement, By Golly,,,,,,!!  I HAVE been workin too dang hard tryin to finish a big shader lean-to to get out of this sun. I hate moving the little car out of the carport cause when I want to go to town for stuff,,man thet sob is so HOT and takes a while for the A/C to cool the inside down,,,,!!
 I KNOW I been workin too dang hard as I just flat worked the pants off of TWO of my 4 1/2" grinders. I like using the grinders pretty much more than the cuttin torch for cleaner cuts and way less clean up too. The Metabo I have, started spinning on the shaft 3-4 days ago,, so, to keep goin, I just grabbed the Craftsman Professional and danged if it didn't start spinning yesterday same as the Metabo did,,,wtf,,??? So,,I started in on the Makita, chit I'm now down to just 2 grinders, an older Craftsman and one Harbor Freighter.
 Yesterday was so friggin hot I figured I'll take a breather and work on my stuff and see where I am. The Metabo turned out the small bevel gear that drives the ring gear was loose on the shaft, so I installed a small lock washer and got it fixed good,,,Clap
 The Craftsman Professional is another story,,,I really like it as it is a HOSS machine but since Sears went belly up, they sold all their parts inventory to "somebody" but lady at Sear Parts Direct would not tell me who, but that I should call Black & Decker as B&D actually made all of Sears grinders,,,who knew,,,,,??? After several calls and dropped calls and stupid people that do not know how to transfer phone calls,,,B&D tells me they do not carry any repair parts for the Craftsman small grinders,,,,and,,,,and,,,suggested I buy a new B&D,,,the nerve of thet bit**,,,!!!
 Does anybody here have a line on somebody that carries repair parts for the Craftsman grinders?? The Model # is 900.245420 Many THANKS, guys,,,,Clap
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:03am
900.245420 the '900' is the manufacturer of he 'Sear' item. You can goggle 'sears manuafcturer codes' or something like that as I've seen a list(years ago) of who made what that sears sold.
I usually buy 2packs of 4.5 grinders when on sale. They have 3 year warranty. 4 on the shelf, thin cutoff, fat grinder, wirewheel and flapdisc.sure saves time changing them ! they need to be blown out after use and 2-3 times a year grease added to the gearbox.

ok just checked 'sears oem list'
'900' is black and decker AND DeWalt
according to one 'hit'...

Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 13 Aug 2019 at 6:08am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:21am

OK,,Thanks,,, Jay,,,I'ma try Dewalt today, as B&D was a complete washout as far as trying to get any info out of them. I even asked the woman which B&D model would cross reference to the Craftsman badged unit as surely there is one or maybe several B&D models with the same shaft. She was just NO Help at all,,,sorry bit**,,,!!!  ( I told her I was gonna sic ole Shameless on her sorry azz)
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 6:56am
Lowes is handling a lot of the Craftsman line of tools.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
I get all my tool repair parts at E-replacement parts.com. The shipping on a brush or small snap ring is about equal in price to a new Grinder at Horrible Fright.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:35pm
X2 what Thad said. Although Cub Cadet parts don't seem to be a bargain
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 5:44pm
many of the SEAR parts are now GONE... Not available anywhere.. Specifically that grinder has NO PARTS ... even E- replacement... Time to throw in the dumpster and start over.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:27pm

Well,,I guess I'm SOL on gettin the parts to repair the Craftsman grinder and,,,,,,,,and,,,,Steve,,IF I do decide to chunk it in a dumpster,,,,,,I ain't gonna tell you which dumpster,,,,,,,WinkLOL
 What I will do is box it up and maybe I run across another just like it and ,,,,,maybe,,,,,LOL
 I'm headed to HF in the mornin as they have a new line of grinders ,,Bauer,,that look to be heavy duty and are 8 amp. The cratftsman only had 6.5 amps, and was pretty powerful, so the 8 amp ought be good,,,,ClapClap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 3:15pm

Wink Thrifty Joe, Cheap Joe,Frugal Joe ,whatever Confused name he is using it is more than the money. He is trying to put the garbage man out of business.LOLLOL You see he boxed up the unfixable and put it on the shelf.LOL He is looking in every garbage can he comes to looking next prize.LOL

He has $300 or was it $500 that fancy grinder costs. I know I got afraid to even pick it up and hold it when welding supply had one out on display.LOL It must of been in a garbage can Confused Oh maybe a clean up sale a the widows place, again taking work from the garbage man.  Cause the kids would pitched it all.LOL

But ................ now Confused how do you afford the cut of discs, you cannot find them in the garbage too.ConfusedConfusedConfused

Edited by Ray54 - 15 Aug 2019 at 11:09am
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I get all my tool repair parts at E-replacement parts.com. The shipping on a brush or small snap ring is about equal in price to a new Grinder at Horrible Fright.

Wink Thrifty Joe, Cheap Joe,Frugal Joe ,whatever Confused name he is using it is more than the money. He is trying to put the garbage man out of business.LOLLOL You see he boxed up the unfixable and put it on the shelf.LOL He is looking in every garbage can he comes to looking next prize.LOL

He has $300 or was it $500 that fancy grinder costs. I know I got afraid to even pick it up and hold it when welding supply had one out on display.LOL It must of been in a garbage can Confused Oh maybe a clean up sale a the widows place, again taking work from the garbage man.  Cause the kids would pitched it all.LOL

But ................ now Confused how do you afford the cut of discs, you cannot find them in the garbage too.ConfusedConfusedConfused

I don’t know just what you’re getting at here but it ain’t cool. The biggest problem with this country is people throw everything away and fix nothing. I often do like Joe and save things back in hopes of a parts machine showing up. You can call me cheap or whatever you like it don’t make a to me. I kept a Bosch grinder under the shelf for several years until I found another just like it. I liked it a lot so to me it was worth it.   You’re welcome in advance for me deleting what I originally wrote.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm
Ray was sharp stick poking fun at Joe. I do believe. You are also right, our society is to wasteful, I to hang onto stuff for parts etc. I'm pretty sure Ray has a pile of stuff somewhere to.

Edited by chaskaduo - 14 Aug 2019 at 4:17pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:34pm
save it Joe...yer cheap butt might find another for parts down the road, maybe even at a dump trip one day! yer the lucky one at the dump! wish we had a dump here, i'd be there every day! if you don't wanna save it, cut the cord off and at least save that! oh....and our HF's here are all selling craftsman tools.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 7:01am
As for saving a broken tool or machine or anything for that matter.I have cleaned up after both my parents and my wife's father after their passing. I save some not as much as I used to. I figure my adult children need to clean up after me! The statement we don't repair anything is true. I recently had a rear tire go flat on the 7060 while making hay. My usual tire man was busy telling me he had 9 ahead of me. So I started calling. One tire place wanted me to send a picture of the tire so they would bring the right size tire as they don't repair just replace! I found a tire man not far from me. He came and pumped the chloride out repaired the tire ,put in a new tube and only charged $240. I did not feel he robbed me! I have his number in my phone now. Any tire smaller than a rear tractor tire I change my self.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 9:48am
Hey Ray, You know ol' Joe's luck, he might find a whole truckload of new grinder discs of all sizes at the dump sometime and be set for life and not have to spend another dime. LOL

I too am ticked off sick at the way this society is so dam wasteful, and got the mentality if it ain't new or the paint is faded or some other simple thing, they leave it out at the end of the road for the garbage man to pick up... or haul it to the scrap. I got a truck that was headed to scrappers the next day and had a miss in it and some rust too... Drove that thing for another 40,000 miles and now needing another set of tires, and it don't look as pretty now as when I bought it... and I don't have to worry about banging up or scratching a $50,000, $15,000 or even a $5,000 dollar truck, Jump in it and go load 40 sacks of feed, or hook up to the cattle trailer or bale wagon and go. Bale wagon is the worst on it because to pull the wagon, gotta set a big round bale in the box, and then try get the loader fork in the bale to get it out again.
  And there's other wastes too...  like for an example, somebody orders off Amazon some little trinket and the delivery man shows up with a dang box that is huge when they coulda just put it in a little padded envelope  or a card size box and sent it.
  Or these dang manufacturers make these vehicles so you can't work on them like change the points and condenser and do a tune up in your own garage..., now there's a "computer" that does all timing and you can't fix that dang puter... and when it malfunctions, because of some friggen 10 cent resistor or component burnt out, it costs you a thousand bucks for a new dimwitted brain box or sensor... not to talk about the eleven miles of thin wire running all over your vehicle that might break over time...
  Just put a radiator in a car last night, 3 hours... had the fans hung behind the radiator on the radiator, and the AC condenser hanging on it in front of it and the tranny lines tucked in a God forbiidden hole that had to be disconnected by pulling snap spring wire out before the line would pull out and the lower fitting has some kind of corrosion on it and was hard to get out... and the lower hose was next to being hid for getting to the clamp... It was all and well when they put the car together on the assembly line but no consideration for those who have to work on them later. 
 And of course, many places are full of insanity that you can't have any extra vehicles or you have to have them all licensed or in a shed etc... or the 'community planners' will fine you to hell and back if you do have some privately owned items out back. (epa, greenies, dnr, adhoc junk committee, [commies] etc.)
  Enough of rant...
Neighbor had a Hardbur Frieght cheap grinder and he was using it and had his hands over the rear of it covering the air vents and that thing went up in a cloud of smoke. LOL

Hey DJ, I thinks the problem is them grinders aren't tough enough to keeps up with you... Wink  LOL
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:37am
Sorry to any and all I offended. The more emojes I put in the more I am not being serious.

As someone commented yes I have junk. I have acres of junk that a "normal" person would of sent for scrap. I just helped my cousin haul 3 mostly striped of parts HD 5's into my yard.

I have first hand experience with what gets pitched in the landfill. My uncle had a contract to run the local landfill for 20 years or a little more. My dad would get a call,bring the trailer out and get this that or the other out here.  People just don't want something and the easiest way to make it go away is haul it to the dump.

Some how even though I have not had the privilege of meeting Joe in person, I know the saving of what some call junk is more than about money. 

I just wish I had Joe's ability to just about always get that stuff to work again.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 12:51pm
I have come to the conclusion that if any of the stockholders had their say, there would be nothing in museums!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 6:59am

Thank you, Thad.Thumbs Up
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Thank you, Thad.Thumbs Up

I hope we’re all good now. I just really dislike waste. Joe you’re a great guy and I enjoy being able to pick your brain.

Edited by Thad in AR. - 16 Aug 2019 at 12:14pm
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 12:36pm
Yeah and Shammers will recommend a hay hook for it.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Yeah and Shammers will recommend a hay hook for it.
yes and a nice sharp one at that.lol.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 11:50pm
picking his brain???? I just love picking on him!!!! lol (i'm sure he'll gits me back later)!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic