This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

there's some diappointed fanetti buyers today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:34am
There was a situation close up here, An old man had several kids and the son took over the farm, and took care of him for several years, showing up and making sure he was Okay and took him to places as needed etc. And the other kids didn't give a rat .ss about the old man till he was near dead one day and the son told them to better go see him because might not make it. He rallied back some and oldest daughter took him to their place for a part of the year and he ends up in the hospital again.  Then they were visiting him daily in the care facility for a few weeks. The son could only get to see him a couple times and that was the days it was raining... Everything was already settled ... or was suppose to be because there was a notarized will... and the house and land were suppose to go back to the son... then there was other assets that were suppose to go to the kids...
 Old man dies and the son goes to the house (just a short drive down the road) and looks in the safe for the will that was suppose to be there and it wasn't... then noticed all the valuables were missing and the house and... the house was locked... He asked his sister if they had been in there. 'No' they said... He noticed a few articles that his mother had sitting in the house and he says 'you were, that was in the house'. No she said, it was given to her when her mom was still alive... He said 'theres hell of a lot more sitting in your house that was in dad's house just before he died. You are full of lies'.  Being she was the most conniving, she and her husband went to court because they claimed they took care of the old man and that they were going to be the ones in charge... they had already talked to the 'other siblings' and they had agreed for her to be in charge... except the son, her brother. Paper arrived in the mail concerning the estate and he went to the meeting and the official asked if there was a will and the the sister and husband saaid No... and the brother said YES and it was in the safe and they stole it. The sis's husband opened his mouth saying, We didn't steal any will because there was never a will made... it infuriated the fellow and he went right over the table screaming 'you lying SOB' and the BIL jumped up from his chair just enough to get cold cocked... and he turned to the sister and said see you in he ll and started after her and she jumped back and he walked out of the court room.
  Of course, they filed charges against him and the cops gone out to the farm to arrest him.  He went to a neighbor and walked into the house and sat down at the table like he always did. Neighbors talked to him for awhile and then he said that they were going to have to do his chores that night, because he was probably going to be doing some time in the couty jail. then told them what happened... The neighbor called and yup he was a wanted man... they went in with him. 
  He was the talk of the neighborhood... like a hero... and many told him he should have coldcocked the other one too... LOL
 The old man's estate was sold off to settle and then the son still got screwed in that too.
 To this day he does not associate with his sister or family, and doesn't even rent the  his brothers farm anymore either, yet he rents on three side of him.
 Essence of this, the will needs to be notarized, and to have it registered too as I was told to prevent "lost" wills.

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sponsored Links

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:18am

All you hear about any thing like this ,U will NEVER hear both sides of the story !!!!!
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Kcgrain View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kcgrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 10:08am
 I hesitate to even post about this whole situation, but I am going to. I personally hate to see family drama played out for the masses to pick apart, and hate to see private information like the Fanetti Lawsuit made public on the internet. What has happened is really nobody's business but the Fanettis, including mine.  No one really has any idea what is going on here, but according to the court papers (yes I read them, i have no moral high ground here) Don Fenetti tried to take care of his wife, his 2 nephews, and his love of that farm and those Allis Chalmers tractors. The way I understand his wishes he started a partnership with the nephews of which they got 2/3 upon his death, and his wife got a 1/3, of which they were suppose to give her clear title to "other properties" for her third, and they would retain the farm, and machinery. The problem seems to arise from the nephews hiring an appraiser that undervalued the assets by 4 million dollars, and than adding a discount on top of that. So that's a 1.3 million dollar hosing to their aunt. That doesn't seem right to me. Next this has been going on for 6 years already, Don died in 2009, so the farm has been operating with her money for 6 years, it stated that the farming operation was making $300000 a year in profit, and every farmer here knows a farm can consume as much money as it takes in, and while I am sure the nephews didn't have the 300g laying there in cash to pay her, she was still entitled to some reward for the use of her capital , she could have used the money in other investments etc, technically speaking its hers to do as she wished with. Well 6 years at 100g a year that's another $600 grand they cheated her out of. Also it says assets were sold or missing, although I never knew the Fenettis, I was there when Farm Progress was there, and there was a lot more tractors in that collection which were not listed on the auction, which was the first thing I thought was odd when I watched the sales video. Now its possible some tractors were sold by Don, but I would find that pretty unlikely seeing he had money, and he was a collector, so where did those others tractors go, and who took the cash from them? 
 I have no dog in this fight, but just doing a quick search about Mrs Fenetti, she has been a very giving person in Dunn county, it said she paid for a new gymnasium for the local high school, she gives scholarships to  less fortunate kids to go to college, says she funded a $400000 shortfall in a million dollar project, which to me sounds like a pretty nice lady. Seeing there is no mention of either nephew donating anything to anyone, it just strikes me that she isn't the greedy party here.  Just from the outside looking into this mess, my guess would be she tried to honor Dons wishes, she probably has been trying for the last 6 yrs, according to the court papers, and the fact that so far the courts have sided with her, I am going to guess the problem is with what the nephews think they are "entitled " to. Being nephews to a rich man, in my opinion doesn't "entitle" you to jack s**t. But that's my opinion.
  The auction I am sure angered a lot of people, but look at it from her point, she is trying to keep her husbands legacy, and love alive, it seems to be a last ditch effort by her, and maybe it was done so no more got sold from under her. It took 6 yrs for this to come about, so its not like we are 3-4 months past Dons death.  She didn't cheat anyone here out of anything, if you bid and didn't get the tractor, your out no money , a little time, but there was no guarantee you were going to win the bid anyways. You might be ticked off, but I am sure she isn't happy about this whole ordeal either. Honestly the subject should be dropped, everyone including me are just guessing as to what happened, we should show some respect to Don, and his wife, thank God he had the ability to amass the tractors for the world to see, it was a selfless act that now is turning very ugly.
angusguernsey View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angusguernsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 10:37am
Kcgrain,. Well said.
D-17 series 1, AGCO mower. Grew up on a long line of A-C, but can't claim as my own.
cottonpatch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cottonpatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 11:48am
Kcgrain, one of the better articulated opinions. I concur well said!
'52 CA, '61 D10 II, ‘61 D15, '66 D15II, '63 D17D III, ‘69 170, '73 185 Crop Hustler, '79 185, '79 7000, '77 7040
blazeb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:00pm
Agreed, look at the plus side, anyone who went got to see a very nice collection and some tasty pork!
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 5:34pm
Just got home with my tractor. We are happy with the way everything went from start to finish.  Its kinda sad to read all the negative stuff on here, but I guess it is what it is. If she would have ended up keeping the tractor we got, oh well, its not the last one out there or the end of world. Forget it and move on. I don't post much on these sites because it seems like somebody always has to pee on my shoes on a otherwise fine day.
tornado8070 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tornado8070 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 6:59pm
Are you happy with the tractor? I'm glad it turned out positive for you. It is very disheartening what happened with the sale but more all the speculation of what happened. Sad to see one mans hard work, and pride end up in such turmoil!
09’ DT205B, 08’ DT220A, 83' 8070 MFWD, 83’ 8070 85’ 8050 MFWD, 83' 8030, 82' 8010, 85’ 6080 MFWD, 84’ 6080, 79' 7020, 85' M3 RWD, 85' 920 diesel,AC C-50 forklift.
tornado8070 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tornado8070 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:03pm
I watched the sale very closely. I also viewed machinery Pete's video. To me....the interveiw of the nephew says it guys! He looked to have a guilty consience and on edge as he new how things would turn out with the sale....and looking prospective bidders in the eye.....that is when he made eye contact!
09’ DT205B, 08’ DT220A, 83' 8070 MFWD, 83’ 8070 85’ 8050 MFWD, 83' 8030, 82' 8010, 85’ 6080 MFWD, 84’ 6080, 79' 7020, 85' M3 RWD, 85' 920 diesel,AC C-50 forklift.
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by tornado8070 tornado8070 wrote:

Are you happy with the tractor? I'm glad it turned out positive for you. It is very disheartening what happened with the sale but more all the speculation of what happened. Sad to see one mans hard work, and pride end up in such turmoil!
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by tornado8070 tornado8070 wrote:

So far very happy with tractor- just don't quite what to make of all the controversy surrounding this deal. I guess I should just be proud to have a tractor from a guy who loved Allis as much as we do!
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:48pm
Correct me if I am wrong. I didn't think that was one of.the receiving nephews, but another 3rd one.....
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:37pm
The guy in the video I saw was the farm manager I believe. Him and one of the nephews were polite and very helpful today. Would like to have visited with them more but they were busy and we were kind of pressed for time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic