This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There are people

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: There are people
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:00am
There are people who will enter your life unexpected. These people make your heart race. They will change your life forever. These people are called the hiway patrol.
Sponsored Links

farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:33am
What did you get in trouble for now Thad?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:55am
 HMMmmmmm,,enter your life unexpectedly,,,make your heart race,,,,,,,change your life forever,,,,,,,HMMMmmmmmmm,,,Oh my goodness,,Thad,,,,you,,,,you,,,didn't meet the lady of your dreams,,did you,,? AND,,,,and,,,she gave you a fair warnin and told you" Cut it out",,,,,,,,,yes,,no,,???WinkWink
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
The woman of my dreams makes my heart race much the same as that hwhy patrol. Maybe it’s a nurse thing.😂😂😂👍👍
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:56am
Maybe curvy uniforms.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:25am
I know what you mean,,,,,,,,they pull out from behind a sign and just follow you for a while!!!!  Now I don't usually know just what it was I done,,,,but I don't like em following me for more than a couple miles.  After that,,,,,,well,,,,,,they get on your nerves!
As for nurses,,,,,,,,,there was this neighbor gal,,,,,she was a year older than me and,,,,,,,,,,,,nope,,,never mind,,,,, youse guys don't need to hear bout my young childhood shenanigans....... Let's just say I STILL have dreams about that nurse.......(hope the wife don't see this!!)
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 8:16pm
I just put my cruise on and let them follow.  It's funny when they have a half mile lineup behind them on the Xway and I just cruise on by them.  I think I must impress them!  Just smile and wave as I pass them.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:03pm
 Well,,It never bothers me if one of them pulls in behind me,,,,if'n I ain't been fudgin on the speed limit,,,,Wink Them policemen are a necessary evil and are only out there to protect us from ourselves,,,can you imagine what kind of mean'ness we would have on the highways without law enforcement,,????
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 9:49pm
When they follow you set the cruise fight on the speed limit and watch the traffic build up behind you.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 10:21pm
I was at the local horse pistol for some XRays/some other things I can't pronounce, they got a a whole bunch of new nurses since I was there last. Think I'll hang out there more often, ya some of them can make an old guys heart speed up some.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 4:49am
True story here. 3 other co wookers and I were headed west on 412 nearing Tulsa ok. A hwy patrol stopped us for running 90 in a . He asked what we were doing in such a hurry. We told him we were headed to the Chili bowl. (Mini sprint races) . He said we looked like a good group of guys and let us go with a warning.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 5:56am
 Dang Thad,,,,you is lucky and that explains your heart racing,,,gettin pulled over for doin  90 in a 75,,,!!! I find that most NM state Police will give you a break if you are radar'ed  7 mph over the posted ,,,but if they nail you at 8 mph over,,,you get a free ticket to go see the judge,,,,,LOL 
I myself get skittish when I drive much past 80 anymore,,cause I start second guessin bout all kinds of chit goin wrong. NOT so when I was single,,,,I remember racing a dude in a 63 corvette and finally gave up at 115 mph,,,just couldn't catch her,,,,,,,,Wink
 You ARE lucky thet dude gave you guys a break,,he was prolly a race track fan as well,,,,,

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:09am
Hey Joe, NM must be 1 MPH more strict than MI.  Heard a cop say one time, "8 ya skate, 9 yer mine!"
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:11am
Love driving north from OH into MI.  You hit the border, and everyone nails it to 10 more than ya were doing!  No kidding.  You'd think the MI state troops could line up on mile marker 2 and make a fortune for a few days, pay off the state debt, until word got out.  But it never seems to happen.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:57am
From the mouth of a Illinois state trooper I was talking to at the state fair a few years ago " Nine you're fine , 11 you're mine "
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:05am
Speaking of Illtroopers, some years back I was traveling to Chicago for a job. I got stopped somewhere up in Ill and he sure was the nervous sort. He kept his hand on that hand gun constantly. He finally asked what the rifle with the big scope hanging on my back winder is? I told him it’s a 30-06. Apparently they don’t carry like that in Ill. Lucky for me this was a small town in the country or he’d of took my deer rifle or maybe shot me. He told me put it behind the seat and out of sight and sent me on my way.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Speaking of Illtroopers, some years back I was traveling to Chicago for a job. I got stopped somewhere up in Ill and he sure was the nervous sort. He kept his hand on that hand gun constantly. He finally asked what the rifle with the big scope hanging on my back winder is? I told him it’s a 30-06. Apparently they don’t carry like that in Ill. Lucky for me this was a small town in the country or he’d of took my deer rifle or maybe shot me. He told me put it behind the seat and out of sight and sent me on my way.

Illinois requires any gun to be unloaded an d in a case while in transport. I had a similar experience years ago coming home from a day of deer huntin. Had the 12 gauge in a case and hangin in  the back window of the truck.
 This young guy followed me for 3 or 4 miles, then pulled me over when I turned off on the home stretch blacktop. He kept his right hand on his pistol till he saw my papers, then informed me I had a license plate light out. I guess the wire was hangin down a bit and i had been driving thru cornstalks that day, and it pulled the connection apart.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:50pm
one of the last times I was cruising at 90, turned into about 120 with a couple cars that had Christmas lights on their tops!, had to detour thru a corn field that night! then our beers got warm....and we almost spilled them....PfffffT!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:51pm
oh...yeah....and we was late getting to the tractor pull!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 9:03am
Probably of been late anyways finishing off beers and regular law abiding speeds. So don't go blaming the troopers for it. Cry Wink
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 7:06pm
Drivin home, from my brothers townhouse, one night, I would say slightly impaired, doin 44 in a 30, I think, on the road, in Fort Meade, Md, hadda double barrel 12, and a .45 auto, both loaded, and in the seat cover, from JC Whitney. Hadda bud tall boy, inside a paper super big gulp cup, with the straw stickin down through the lid, into the beer can. Ft Meade Federal cop pulls me over, asks me did I know I was over the limit, I swallered a sip of bud, hard and fast, told him my dash lights was out, and I was checkin the speed wif this flashlight here, musta crept up, wifout me knowin...  I can't believe he let me go, didn't do no search, nor get close enough to smell beery breath... I was just damn glad I had the sense to use the dimmer switch, on the light switch, to turn off the dash lights, when I saw the blues...

In retrospect, I think it was shift change time, and he didn't want the hassle of a load of paperwork!Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 8:45am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

one of the last times I was cruising at 90, turned into about 120 with a couple cars that had Christmas lights on their tops!, had to detour thru a corn field that night! then our beers got warm....and we almost spilled them....PfffffT!

Dang,,,Shameless,,,just like straight outa Bonnie N Clyde,,,,,,,chit,,I bet that was fun,,Huh,,???ClapClap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 8:57am
  Talkin bout different speed limits in different states,,,,When I was still gettin paid for workin,,,,I used to have to go to the refinery up in Great Falls, Montana. A bunch of us would get together and go trout fishin in the many creeks all around that were bout 10-15 miles of town. Them guys would be haulin azz like 80-90 and sometimes even pass a sheriff's deputy car and everybody wave at each other,,,,!!! No Tickets,!! those guys said the troopers will give the locals a break up to 20 mph over the posted,,,,WOW,,!!,,,,but,,,,but,,if you had an out of state license plate,,,it was the hoosgow for you,,,,,LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic