This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Olympics ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Olympics ??
    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 6:50pm
In all honesty, how many of you guys "really" have an interest in the Olympics ? IMO, these games aren't much better fodder than the NBA/NFL/NASCAR sports of today's standards. JMO Wink
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 7:01pm
Zero for me...
There seems to be a lot of 'jacked pros' in these supposedly amature games. And ANY 'game' that is subjective, really isn't a game.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:08pm
I have had ZERO interest in the olympics since 1996 when it was in "Hotlanta" and the only reason then was because I had to be there with the National Guard.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 8:17pm
I don't know. I never set out to watch the Olympics but usually end up watching some of it. And sometimes it's not too bad a way to pass the time. I thought that it was really cool to see what Michael Phelps accomplished and to see Kerri Strug stick the landing on a broken ankle and to watch Usain Bolt just play around with everyone else there.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:24pm
No interest from since the lid was blown off years ago, regarding judges that scored athletes on what country they were from, rather than on the accomplishments.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 9:41pm
Track and Field or swimming make good reruns if the USA WINS !!  That would be the only time i watch... Gymnastics are "up to the judge" which makes them  easily faked.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 10:15pm
Don]t watch and really don't care not amateurs any more and too much corruption in biased judging.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:21am
What nobody else stayed up all night to watch the opening in Brazil 5  years ago ?

Wink I was not into it ether, but I did. I was in the hospital at the start of my 13 day stay after gallbladder removal. Pain meds not doing much and that was the station the TV was on and no TV control I could find. So dang it I can say I was up to watch it. LOL Just part of the summer from hell, as it is known here.

I think I saw enough to  last me for a long time.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 11:23am
I was in the hospital years ago... Same deal... Saw the Americans beat the RED ARMY team in Hockey !
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 5:54pm
I watch whatever is on here on the NBC channels.  You just gotta check all of them to see if anything good is on.  I especially enjoy watching women's beach volleyball.  And now there's a new beach game and the uniforms look like the volleyball ones.  Yep, I'll be watching the Olympics!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 9:39am
Never watch , have no interest in seeing who wants to do the wrong to our country.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:11am
Once upon a time, ALL aspects of the games were covered in real time. At some point, NBC quit doing that and only ran a very few selected events on a delayed broadcast, and instead of airing coverage of the games, started doing human interest stories on the atheletes.

Spousal unit has a close relative who competed in 3 or 4 consecutive winter games as a speed skater. She never once appeared on NBC......and their selective broadcast left her out.

So no interest whatsoever. Zip, zero, nada.

As for NBA, if you gave me $1,000 to sit through one of those, I'd give it back.

Only sport I watch on TV at all is womens collegiate softball. Those kids are bad a$$.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:31am
Not wanting to highjack this thread but does anyone know how many events there really are? I did watch the USA softball last night. They sure don't throw like girls!! Good players.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm
While the inaugural Athens 1896 Games involved only nine sports and 43 events, Tokyo 2020 will feature 33 sports and a whopping 339 medal events, making it the biggest Olympic program till date.

At Tokyo 2020, the IOC has included four new sports - karate, surfing, skateboarding and sport climbing. Baseball and softball are making a return to the Olympic list.

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I watch whatever is on here on the NBC channels.  You just gotta check all of them to see if anything good is on.  I especially enjoy watching women's beach volleyball.  And now there's a new beach game and the uniforms look like the volleyball ones.  Yep, I'll be watching the Olympics!!
It's been my experience that the women's VB  gals have NO "bouncing" ability as your  AVATAR Wink
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:15am
The schedule was in our newspaper this morning. Told my wife to save it so I knew when the bikini volleyball was on. Saw she used today's paper to wrap up some roasting ear husks.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:33am
I'm watching women's water polo right now.  It appears they don't have much fabric covering their rears as they used to.  A pleasant surprise.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 11:45am
High speed.....low drag?

Trying to fathom the necessity of bikini bottoms for women's handball? If lack of clothing offered a competitive advantage, wouldn't have to mandate it.....most teams would want to ditch the knickers.

Only thing I can imagine is it's a ploy to increase viewership. If that is the case, might as well go topless too? Sex sells.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by modirt modirt wrote:

High speed.....low drag?

Trying to fathom the necessity of bikini bottoms for women's handball? If lack of clothing offered a competitive advantage, wouldn't have to mandate it.....most teams would want to ditch the knickers.

Only thing I can imagine is it's a ploy to increase viewership. If that is the case, might as well go topless too? Sex sells.
No cooperate sponsors Wink so no need to have there name on the clothes so as I understand the Greeks said to heck with cloths on athletes. Big smile

Wink  Looks like John(MI) knows when what is on, maybe if you ask he will help you guys that want to watch.LOL

Edited by Ray54 - 24 Jul 2021 at 12:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic